How much have you spent on Indiana Jones?

How Much Have You Spent on Indiana Jones??

• $0 - $1,000

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • $1,001 - $2,000

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • $2,001 - $3,000

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • $3,001 - $4,000

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • $4,001 - $5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5,001 - $6,000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $6,001 - $7,000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $7,001 - $8,000

• $8,001 - $10,000

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • $10,001 - $15,000

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • $15,001 - $20,000

• More than $20,000

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Goodeknight

Pull out a pencil and some paper and add it up. How much have you spent on Indiana Jones over the years? Costuming, collectibles, and media mainly.

So I'm talking about hats, jackets, pants, whip, bag, etc., etc., plus toys, Sideshow figures, screen used props, replicas, and the list goes on.

Don't forget about theater tickets from way back when, cassette tapes, CDs, VHS tapes, Laser Discs, DVDs, (blue ray discs, and 3D versions soon), books, and comics.

(Vacations don't count, unless the sole purpose was to go to an Indiana Jones shooting location.)

Last edited:

Stoo

Very interesting question, goodeknight, and a good idea for a thread.:) Since your poll choices are probably in U.S. dollars, I wonder if there are any websites that could calculate exchange rates from the 1980s-present?

This will take some time to add up but since I only buy video & printed material, my total won't be anywhere near the REAL collectors and gear guys/gals. (Les David of throwmetheidol.com will probably have spent the most...with Indyclone25 as a good runner-up.)

Now to dig out my old tickets stubs...How much was a movie at the theatre in 1981 Canada? $2.50? $3.50?

P.S. I see a few people have voted but haven't posted. Who is the one with the +$20,000?

Stoo said:
Very interesting question, goodeknight, and a good idea for a thread.:) Since your poll choices are probably in U.S. dollars, I wonder if there are any websites that could calculate exchange rates from the 1980s-present?

This will take some time to add up but since I only buy video & printed material, my total won't be anywhere near the REAL collectors and gear guys/gals. (Les David of throwmetheidol.com will probably have spent the most...with Indyclone25 as a good runner-up.)

Now to dig out my old tickets stubs...How much was a movie at the theatre in 1981 Canada? $2.50? $3.50?

P.S. I see a few people have voted but haven't posted. Who is the one with the +$20,000?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DocWhiskey

I got to say I spent a little over $1,000 over the years. From everything to movie tickets to figures to gear, food products, and magazines.

Stoo

throwmetheidol said:
Ha ha! O.K., Les...give us the REAL number because +$20,000 (U.S.) is much too vague...;) (Though, I would imagine the co$t is incalculable!)

IAdventurer01

While I have a lot of Indy-stuff, there are really not many big ticket items. The movies themselves, YIJC, books, posters, and a few toys here and there maybe nets approaching 1000 at the absolute most.

Then my hat puts me over that bracket. :hat:

IndyJones5183

I've probably spent almost $200 for my stuff.And I did get one Indy thing for free.I can't count every Indy thing I own,because most of my Indy stuff I got as gifts(but not the Indy item I got for free).

Last edited:

IndyJones5183

IndyJones5183 said:
I've probably spent almost $200 for my stuff.And I did get one Indy thing for free.I can't count every Indy thing I own,because most of my Indy stuff I got as gifts(but not the Indy item I got for free).

Here is the item I got for free.
31814_118843034825923_100001006821457_101186_5223548_n.jpg

A Snickers candy display that came out for Indy 4.

fenris

I probably spent around $550 on my Indy items. A lot of my stuff are either home-made or gifts from my family.

I can't count movie tickets (except for KOTCS) because I was only a little kid the time TOD and LC came out. I never got to watch ROTLA on the big screen as I was very small the time it was shown.

Goonie

I'm either under or just around $500. Heck, I'd love to have more, but storage is a problem.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
After re-buying the YIJC and the Dark Horse comics, commissioning a card because I knew the artist from work for $60, and all the books, it's right around $1000. Including $150 for access to screenplays on PDF, particularly Indy. All my stuff fits in a single storage box.

I can add a $3-4K poll option if you want.

InexorableTash

I'll confess that some whip purchases have pushed me into the four digits. Otherwise, trying to avoid the collector's bug.

indyclone25

i don't even know what i have spent on indy stuff ---- i will have to sit and inventory it all.
but if i had to guees it would have to be between 1001-2000 dollars

I.M.J.

I'm probably close to 2 grand, mostly because of the vintage figures and the sketch cards, which I've got a ridiculous collection of.

IndyJones5183

IndyJones5183 said:

I forgot I also bought the Wide Screen DVD's of Indiana Jones,so it probably brings me to a little over $200.
the-adventures-of-indiana-jones.jpg

Henry W Jones

Between toy's (vintage, new & customs), books, comics, posters, multiple copies of VHS, DVD's, movie ticket's I would say I have shelled out about $2,500 over the years on Dr. Jones.

Goodeknight

indyclone25 said:
i don't even know what i have spent on indy stuff ---- i will have to sit and inventory it all.
but if i had to guees it would have to be between 1001-2000 dollars

I'm just guessing, but I think you will be surprised when you sit down and inventory it all. You own everything you review right?

I came in right around 1500, not as much as I thought. Big ticket items are my whip ($400 for a 10' Joe Strain), and my custom Wested Jacket ($275).

A lot of my other gear is close enough, so it's not too pricey. But it adds up when I add in all the novels, comics, posters, figures, etc., etc. I don't go for Sideshow stuff, and I don't buy anything and everything Indy related. I pick and chose.

lguerra

Great Question , I think on Paper i am close to $2,000. I added up price of figure's when i was a kid , all the Dp hats i went threw and the original VHS , the making of VHS all the Young Indy VHS, and now the new DVD of all the movies, And the new Box sets of the Young Indy.Very Interesting ,that's till now i am still planning on getting a new fedora this summer.(y)

I really have no idea. I said 6-7k, but it might be more then that. I know I spent a good 7-800 when the KOTCS came out on figures and such alone. I have all sorts of stuff that I'm now starting to get rid of, or at least try. I ended up buying all the stuff I could get my hands on and then it sat in the attic until now. eBay will be my friend here in the next few weeks. I know I'm not going to get anything out of it, but I want to get rid of most of it.