An amusing thought...

Adamwankenobi

You may all think I'm high or something, but a laugh-out-loud thought just popped into my head. Imagine for a second that YIJC is all that there is... no Raiders, Temple of Doom or Last Crusade. And therefore, your impressions of the character have been completely based on the series. Suddenly, you start hearing all this hype about a movie featuring Indy: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. You download the trailer and watch it. How would you react?

Indy4fan

YES I'm not alone!!!!

just imagine--

Lucas talks young indy film adaptation
Harrison in talks as Indy
Indy title revealed as Raiders of the Lost Ark
Spielberg to direct
Lucas talks sequel

WOW

My reaction idk!

Finn

Staff member
We'd probably be thinking that Ford is performing a similar career suicide Connery did with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Especially if Lucas was involved after making the prequels.

Yes, it would be compared to LXG, a lot, both having an aging hero and an obvious father-son theme.

Indy4fan said:
Lucas talks young indy film adaptation
Harrison in talks as Indy
Indy title revealed as Raiders of the Lost Ark
Spielberg to direct
Lucas talks sequel
You kinda missed the point, obviously. They're not making Raiders, the point - as I understood it - is it never got made, just YIJC did. And now they're making KotCS based on the same character.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
We'd also have a huge list of who we expect to show up in the film.

Jackson Pollack?
Albert Einstein?
James Dean?
Alfred Kinsey?
Maybe he'd go back to Belgium and meet Django Reinhardt?
Joseph Stalin's practically a shoo-in. Strong case for Enrico Fermi too, if we're going the nuclear route.

NoCamels

Yeah, we'd definetly be looking for real historical characters. And we'd also be asking why in the world Sean Patrick Flannery isn't playing Indy. I mean, he's what, 40ish? That could work for the 1950s, he'd just be young-looking. Or they could give him age makeup!

ReggieSnake

The first thing that we would be asking is: why 1957? Why skip 37 years of his life?

Having seen the trailer from this perspective, I think I'd still be excited for the film as a summer action movie on it's own, but probably not for the reason of it being an Indiana Jones movie. I might think it was a corny excuse to use that script where Indy finds a crystal skull with Belloq. (whoever he is)

"Huh? This isn't anything like the TV show! And why is Han Solo/Jack Ryan Indy? He's ancient!";)

Stoo

NoCamels said:
And we'd also be asking why in the world Sean Patrick Flannery isn't playing Indy. I mean, he's what, 40ish? That could work for the 1950s
This really made me laugh! Ford would proably be accepted by some fans
considering he was already in the '50s episode.

People would also be clamouring for cameos of everyone from Terry L. Wallace
(Tall Black Man in "Mystery of the Blues") to Margaret Tyzack returning as
Miss Seymour's ghost.:dead:

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
People would also be clamouring for cameos of everyone from Terry L. Wallace
(Tall Black Man in "Mystery of the Blues") to Margaret Tyzack returning as
Miss Seymour's ghost.:dead:

A lot of people would be asking for Remy to return, but unfortunately that isn't possible. :(

Flannery10

This is something I always thought about. Many people only hate YIC because of it's lacking similiarity to the movies (non-stop action, fantasy elements, crazy Nazis and religious leaders). I think making KotCS without having RotLA, ToD and LC would be kinda pointless, skipping that many years of his life. I have no doubt Ford would have been accepted, because of his Blues cameo, but then, Ford's cameo would have been less special in the Blues episode.

Fantasmic17

Now what would be even funnier, would be the very small percentage of fans of the YIJC that didn't know that Raiders, Temple, and Crusade even existed. And now this Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford is being released. They probably went berserk. But then again, that is for the very few fans ignorant enough to not know about the original films. I'll bet you anything that it has happened to at least a couple people.

Indy Smith

hey, if anyone has a young kid about 9 or 10 introduce them to Young Indiana Jones first of all. Wonder what kinf of reaction that would give?

oki9Sedo

Fantasmic17 said:
Now what would be even funnier, would be the very small percentage of fans of the YIJC that didn't know that Raiders, Temple, and Crusade even existed.

I think there's one guy called Ndukuku, who's been living in a cave for the past 30 years, but was given the The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles DVD set as a gift.

Finn

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
I think there's one guy called Ndukuku, who's been living in a cave for the past 30 years, but was given the The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles DVD set as a gift.
And he became an YIJC fan because the Chronicles boxset proved to be a bettet crude hammer substitute than the trilogy set.

Stoo

Fantasmic17 said:
But then again, that is for the very few fans ignorant enough to not know about the original films. I'll bet you anything that it has happened to at least a couple people.
There is a member here who checked out the movie trilogy after seeing "Chronicles".

Adamwankenobi

oki9Sedo said:

There's no such thing. However, there is a box set of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. :rolleyes: ;)

Crack that whip

Adamwankenobi said:
You may all think I'm high or something, but a laugh-out-loud thought just popped into my head. Imagine for a second that YIJC is all that there is... no Raiders, Temple of Doom or Last Crusade. And therefore, your impressions of the character have been completely based on the series. Suddenly, you start hearing all this hype about a movie featuring Indy: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. You download the trailer and watch it. How would you react?

Dude. Duuuude. You're so high, man. Like, I dunno... so, so really high. Didja ever look at your haaaaands, man? Trails, man, beautiful trails...

:eek: :sleep: :eek:

---

Well, let's see. First I think I'd want to know about those other adventures listed at the beginning of this teaser - what's with all this stuff about the divine and saving the cradle of civilization and all? This must be one huuuuge movie...

;)