Raiders expanded soundtrack

Crack that whip

I just posted over in another thread about this, but it really deserves its own thread (at least for a little while), so here we go:

As we all now know, Concord Records is releasing a limited edition boxed set of the soundtracks to all four Indy feature movies, with the first three notably expanded beyond what was available on the previous soundtrack releases; they're also releasing an individual disc for Raiders of the Lost Ark (presumably not the second or third because of the reuse fees associated with their scores' recordings, which will probably make it prohibitively expensive to release them in mass quantities - the boxed set is a limited edition).

This individual release of the expanded Raiders of the Lost Ark on its own is currently available for pre-order from Screen Archives Entertainment - for just $8.95 (!!!).
:eek:

Indy's Fist

Will all the film scores be expanded or just 'Raiders'? Also will the "Raiders" be the smae as the DDC 1995 version? As a devoted fan for many years I most look forward to "Temple of Doom".

Crack that whip

The most up-to-date information available says each of the first three scores will be expanded. Tracklists haven't been released for Temple or Crusade yet, though, so it's not known just what music will be there.

The boxed set will also have some additional music on a fifth disc otherwise full of John Williams interview material; it's conceivable this fifth disc will even have additional material from Skull, though of course the music content isn't known.

Indy's Fist

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! According to Amazon.com Raiders will have 22 tracks. TOD will have 22 tracks. LC will have 19 tracks. ALL will have expanded cues and additional unreleased tracks! It seems like KOTCS will be the same as the one released in May of this year.

I'm almost in tears. If this is true I will be sooo happy!

kevblee

All track names are NOW listed on Amazon.com! We are finally getting the music we have all been waiting for! The Temple of Doom is going to be great...just read all the track names!

Indy's Fist

It's about time! I love these scores and now to have them expanded is great! I'm a bit disappointed that KOTCS is still the same score, no changes.

Stoo

Being a record collector, this is very cool news and the gold LPs look superb! Thanks for the heads-up, Moedred! (y)