Attention writers and history buffs

HovitosKing

Hey everyone, I'm setting up a blog over at http://atomicjack-knife.blogspot.com/ to promote short stories and flash fiction inspired by the first half of the 20th Century. I've never really dabbled in blogging, either as a consumer or writer, but I think this project might prove to be fun. I'm not trying to plug the site, so this will be the only time I mention it at the Raven. However, I would like to recruit some talent, so here's the pitch.

Right now I'm trying to find people who are interested in contributing. If you've played around with writing but don't have an outlet for it, this might be just the thing for you. Again, short stories and flash fiction are what we're going for. Ideally the content would relate to early-mid 20th Century Americana, but doesn't have to. Writers could submit a single piece, or could become regular contributors. It's up to you. All I ask is that you keep it short, not publish elsewhere (well, nowhere that I'd get into trouble for re-publishing), and stay away from fan fiction (by name, at least).

I was trying to think of a place where folks who appreciate early 20th C. culture and stories congregate, and this place was one of the first to come to mind. If you're interested, PM or email me. Otherwise, you might at least want to bookmark the site and check back for story updates.

On a side note, I envision the blog not only as a repository of short fiction, but also a place where discussions and reviews of period appropriate cultural topics can reside. So if you're interested in contributing in that regard, by all means let me know. I'm hoping to get the site off the ground very soon, so please shoot me a message if you'd like to be a part of it. Cheers!