Indiana Jones Celebration

Mr. Z

Since we have had 4 Star Wars Celebrations, a European one, and one coming to Japan soon, any idea on if they would have an Indy Celebration? I'm sure it would be a huge hit, and can you imagine seeing all those brown Fedoras?!

IndySeven

That would be awesome! An Indiana Jones Celebration sounds great to me! If they did it just like Star Wars Celebrations, it would be awesome!(y)

Mr. Z

I haven't heard any rumblings about one, but I think it would be awesome. At the least, they could have an Indy section at CV.

sarah navarro

woah that would be so awesome!!we would all get to meet Indyfans just like us and now i wont be the only indy obsessed person i know.(y)

The_Raiders

sarah navarro said:
woah that would be so awesome!!we would all get to meet Indyfans just like us and now i wont be the only indy obsessed person i know.(y)

Tell me about, I'm only aloud like 15 more mins, to be on the Raven cuz my mom says I'm on here way to much, it's only afew hours at a time :rolleyes:

Lao Che Pun

But what Indy guests would show?

Obviously if Ford wouldn't show for a single Star Wars Celebration, I don't think he'd show for an Indy one.

I met Karen Allen at a show a couple years ago, but she looked a mess.

dscn2225ti6.jpg

sarah navarro

The_Raiders said:
Tell me about, I'm only aloud like 15 more mins, to be on the Raven cuz my mom says I'm on here way to much, it's only afew hours at a time :rolleyes:
is that the rule for every website ?or just this one?that sucks.

LAO CHE-Karen Allen kind of always looks messed up unless shes in a
Indy movie.:whip:

Mr. Z

I think the odds of Ford showing up at an Indy Celebration are much greater than Star Wars, because he always seems very proud of his work on Indy, and begrudgingly acknowledges Star Wars.

Lao Che Pun

Mr. Z said:
I think the odds of Ford showing up at an Indy Celebration are much greater than Star Wars, because he always seems very proud of his work on Indy, and begrudgingly acknowledges Star Wars.

That is a good point.

Lao Che Pun

sarah navarro said:
LAO CHE-Karen Allen kind of always looks messed up unless shes in a
Indy movie.:whip:

:D I noticed that. lol

When I saw her in the infamous screenshot from last year's SDCC, I was amazed at how good she looked compared to when I saw her.

The_Raiders

sarah navarro said:
is that the rule for every website ?or just this one?that sucks.

It's not really a rule, she just doesn't like when I'm on for hours at a time, says I need some more stuff to do. So I usually get an hour to be on, sometimes more.

JimmyPSHayes

I think the fans should rally and either get Lucasfilm/Paramount to throw one or maybe the fans could put it together. There's a LOT of conventions that are organized privately.

G-Man

herr gruber said:
Imagine the amount of whips and leather jackets that would be there too. It would seem like a dominatrix convention.
They'd definitely need to get Cate Blanchett along in her Kingdom get-up then.

The Man

Remember the marathon that a London cinema held for Revenge Of The Sith? They showed all six episodes, had fans brave appearances in fancy-dress, marching Stormtroopers, the works.
Indy more than deserves the same degree of fanfare.(y)

Lao Che Pun

G-Man said:
They'd definitely need to get Cate Blanchett along in her Kingdom get-up then.

That'd be great, but I think Blanchett now would be the least likely to attend.

The convention circuit is generally a "looked-down upon" last resort for professional actors (which is why they're attended en masse by the B and C-list actors)... The only A-listers they get are generally the ones well past their prime.

Blanchett, the Academy Award winning actress, is also just fresh from two noms this month. I hate to say it, but I'll bet KOTCS will be her proberbial "jumping of the shark" that will tailspin her career. Ouch! C'mon and bring on the criticism...;)

JimmyPSHayes

Lao Che Pun said:
That'd be great, but I think Blanchett now would be the least likely to attend.

The convention circuit is generally a "looked-down upon" last resort for professional actors (which is why they're attended en masse by the B and C-list actors)... The only A-listers they get are generally the ones well past their prime.

Blanchett, the Academy Award winning actress, is also just fresh from two noms this month. I hate to say it, but I'll bet KOTCS will be her proberbial "jumping of the shark" that will tailspin her career. Ouch! C'mon and bring on the criticism...;)
Just ask Eddie Murphy, who starred in Norbit!