KOTCS - How Much Time Left?

lancetoris

The Golden Idol said:
For how much longer will KOTCS be in theaters?

Depends on the demographic. I live in a small town and expect this to be the last weekend. Larger cities will have places that run it longer.

deckard24

The Golden Idol said:
For how much longer will KOTCS be in theaters?
I'd say by July 4th we'll see a significant drop in the number of theater showtimes, as well as some bigger theaters cutting back to make room for new releases. It'll still probably be showing by the end of July, but start disappearing by August to the dollar theaters.

There's a lot of big summer movies yet to come!

June 27th- Wall-E, Wanted
July 2nd- Hancock
July 11- Journey to the Center of the Earth, Hellboy II: The Golden Army
July 18th- The Dark Knight
July 25th- X-Files II
Aug 1st- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Filmphoenix

I would say 2 or 3 more weeks, in the top 5. I went to see it today, even at a 4:15 time there were still a respectful number of viewers, most of them older viewers. Seeing it with this crowd just shows how wide range of viewers these films appeal to. It was also interesting that they laugh at different jokes than the young audience I had see it with. They really like the I like Ike line and Mutt starting the fight between the greasers and the college boys.

Dynamite XI

My hometown used to have a four-screen $1.50 theater for showing movies that had been out of the regular theaters for a couple of months...it was a great place to go if you didn't catch the movie during the original release, and it was tons cheaper.

Sadly, it closed a few years ago, and a gym occupies that space now. The only theater remaining in my hometown is a Cinemark Tinseltown, which drove all the other local theaters out of business.

But yeah...check your area and see if you have a local discount theater that shows releases later than other theaters. Chances are you might be able to catch Indy there. :)