The Indy Cast

Okay, since this thing is getting a little bigger than we anticipated, Ed and I are working on setting the official rules for the competition. Tune into the IndyCast this week for all the details on the Connery impression contest. After the rules are announced on the show, they will also be up on the poll site.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
That is why the IndyCast is so unique.. we just don't report the news.. WE ARE THE NEWS! Who needs Indy 5, people will be talking about the "Connery Cast" for at least a week... okay, maybe an hour or so... okay I lied we desperately need that Indy 5 announcement - FAST! Next thing you know we will be having a swinging monkey contest!

robisindy said:
Okay, since this thing is getting a little bigger than we anticipated, Ed and I are working on setting the official rules for the competition. Tune into the IndyCast this week for all the details on the Connery impression contest. After the rules are announced on the show, they will also be up on the poll site.

So we're opening this to the public AND we're not sending our entries in till after the announcement in episode 77?

...or are WE (The Cast) submitting OUR entries for THIS week and the rest (The Audience) will follow?

Rocket Surgeon said:
So we're opening this to the public AND we're not sending our entries in till after the announcement in episode 77?

...or are WE (The Cast) submitting OUR entries for THIS week and the rest (The Audience) will follow?

Hmmm, good question. I hadn't thought of that. Ed's probably sleeping right now, so we'll have to wait for his response. So you're thinking that we who are the show regulars should have our own separate poll with the competition starting this week, and then the general contest for the listeners can start following episode 77? I had intended to lump it all together, but what you're suggesting may be a better idea. We'll have to decide what we want to do.

robisindy said:
Hmmm, good question. I hadn't thought of that. Ed's probably sleeping right now, so we'll have to wait for his response. So you're thinking that we who are the show regulars should have our own separate poll with the competition starting this week, and then the general contest for the listeners can start following episode 77? I had intended to lump it all together, but what you're suggesting may be a better idea. We'll have to decide what we want to do.
In support of the idea, our competition can prime the pump so to say and generate more excitement for a listener contest. Plus a practical example of how it works will go MILES to avoiding explaining the rules and format over and over.

ALSO I think as PUNISHMENT for winning the "winner" has to do his next segment as Sean Connery!

...and the fan winner getsto do some bumpers...intros for thecast or something...

Last edited:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Lets keep it in the family for round 1.. and then the fans can do round 2... and the winners can have a Seandown... I mean a showdown for the Championship!

BTW Rob, Ed never sleeps......... he is watching you... always watching!
:sick: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :eek:

Okay, I heard back from Ed. He agrees, the 4 cast regulars (Pat, Mitch, Ed and me) will kick it off with our own competition this week. The rest of the listeners can submit their entries the following week. Tune in to the show for full details on how it will work.

As for the IndyCast family, please get your entries recorded and sent to me by Saturday so I can include it in this week's Indy Opinion. If there's any questions, email me at robisindy@gmail.com.

This should be fun...and perhaps humiliating.

robisindy said:
Okay, I heard back from Ed. He agrees, the 4 cast regulars (Pat, Mitch, Ed and me) will kick it off with our own competition this week. The rest of the listeners can submit their entries the following week. Tune in to the show for full details on how it will work.

As for the IndyCast family, please get your entries recorded and sent to me by Saturday so I can include it in this week's Indy Opinion. If there's any questions, email me at robisindy@gmail.com.

This should be fun...and perhaps humiliating.

Sorry Doc, maybe you'll make it to "The Final Challenge".

The Cast Champ vs The Listener Champ!

...what have we done!?!;)

DocWhiskey

That's alright, I'm just glad to participate in any way. I'm not a regular...yet.

I'll make sure to send my abomination of an impression to Rob before Saturday. I think. I am considered Indycast family...right? Or should I wait?

DocWhiskey said:
That's alright, I'm just glad to participate in any way. I'm not a regular...yet.

I'll make sure to send my abomination of an impression to Rob before Saturday. I think. I am considered Indycast family...right? Or should I wait?

Send it in, you'll find out either way...

If you get it to me by Saturday, Doc, you'll definitely be included in this week's part of the competition. After all, you are the official Chicago correspondent, right?

We're going to make the freestyle part of the competition optional, I think. Ed is just going to do the "armies of darkness" dialogue. So maybe there's added strategy - will sampling more of your impression be a good thing, or a bad thing?

Okay, I've finally worked out the final details of the rules. I'll explain it all on the show, but for now I just want all the IndyCast regulars who are submitting their entries this week to know that they only need to submit their impression of the "armies of darkness" speech. Hold off on the freestyle part for now.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
the anticipation for the "Seandown" or "America's (and Australia) Got Connery" contest is killing me!

When is IndyCast #77 coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I am bored right now and it is 90 degrees outside...

indycast

Mitchellhallock said:
the anticipation for the "Seandown" or "America's (and Australia) Got Connery" contest is killing me!

When is IndyCast #77 coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I am bored right now and it is 90 degrees outside...

Remember Mondays (US time) is the new released day - not too long now!