Raiders the least humorous?

Indy86

To me it's Temple of Doom. I think all movies has their humorous moments, but in Raiders and Temple it was a little more subtle and that's what I like about them. Indy doing a spelling check and stumbles over his words over the girls eyes in Raiders or hitting down the girl in the club in Temple. Subtle yet spontaneous. Crusade has more humor but it wasn't exaggerated as KOTCS. It was just perfect actually after Temple. I think it helped the movie while in KOTCS it seemed more forced and unnecessary. 'Hold the rope'?

Now I think I always saw Crusade first and several times before I was allowed to see Temple. Raiders just came some time later. So I saw them backwards. But it took a lot of time before fully understanding to meaning of the movies but I think that's what you get when starting at a young age. I don't think I would let my kids (if I ever have some) watch Temple before they're like 11-12 years old. While I was I think only 8 or 9.

Kai Hagen

The humour in the first three movies (especially the first one) didn't interrupt the action scenes. It did in The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and it really wasn't funny.

Goodsport

39-raidersofthelostark-imgur.jpg

Glenville86

I liked Raiders and Last Crusade. Less humor and better plot.

Temple of Doom seemed more of a movie directed towards younger kids. I did not like it very much. Kingdom had way too much computer generated stuff that was crappy. Concept was good but the script was horrible for me.

IndyBuff

The humor in Raiders was a bit more subtle. I didn't mind the comedy in the later films but there were a few slapstick moments that didn't quite connect. Indy is best when the humor is more sarcastic and grounded.

dakota

My first Indy film was LC and I really enjoyed it which lead me to watch the other two at that time.

After watching Raiders then ToD shorlty afterwards, I felt that for me Raiders was a much more adult orientated movie than the other two.

To this day Raiders is still my favourite by far, I still watch ToD & LC now and then any do enjoy them but as for CS, one time ony I'm afraid.

I thought it was utter drivel and a waste of HF's time especially because at that point I felt it was his last shot at Indy before becoming way too old.

With Indy 5 now on the cards for 2019/2020, I just don't know who Disney will pull this one off without it being an utter disaster.

Blackadder

Off the head I would say LC has the best humor, raiders would be on second place, and the least humorous is temple of doom which was meant to be the darker movie of the trilogy. I think Henry senior had great comedy parts while trying to be helpful (failing to burn down the ropes with lighter and shooting down the plane tail and then pretending he didn't do it - I cracked myself on those) and also patronizing Indy all the time while calling him Junior. The only scene I cracked myself in ToD is when Indy is chasing the thuggees with sword and a whip and then stopping suddenly and then the thuggees times 10 chase him. Maybe Willie was the comedy element here also, but she was more of annoying which was planed in the film.