Deleted scenes

Stoo

russds said:
Maybe I'm not up on my forum/internet etiquette and with all due respect, why is that? Since its only 2 minutes, I wouldn't think it would diminish the value of the BD set.
Most definitely, there are people out there who won't buy the Blu-ray set if they can immediately see its 'goodies' on the internet for free.(n) (Just last night, I saw a TV commercial for it and one of the few, written blurbs on the screen was that the Blu-rays contained "Deleted Scenes" so they are, indeed, being pushed as a selling point.)
russds said:
I got these from this video. I think (the video is in german) these are from the blu-ray, but I dont' actually have it, so i can't confirm that. Either way, they seem to make a good addition to this thread.
Great addition to the thread, Russ! Without a doubt, they are from the Blu-ray.

By only posting stills of the deleted scenes, news reports like this encourage the public to purcha$e the set.;)

russds

Udvarnoky said:
...the infamous gag reel that very much exists.

Interesting. According to that post, the gag reel was played during WorldCon 1984, "I got to see the RAIDERS/DOOM gag reel when Frank Marshall screened it at WorldCon in 1984"..."It opens with the first Paramount dissolve shot from RAIDERS, with Indy stepping into frame to gaze upon the Peruvian mountain...only to slip and stumble down the hill. There's also a bit where the "nocturnal activities" flirtation scene is performed by Harrison Ford and...Steven Spielberg".

I wonder if that's where the leaked footage of the "streisand" gag originated.

JackBurton

If someone is interested, here is a small list of all the deleted scenes containing the new Making of featurette on the Blu-Ray.

Raider of the Lost Ark Deleted Scenes

- Satipo falls into a small hole. Indy pulls him back out.
- Indy meets a female student (Susan, pretty hot) on the way to
Musgrove and Eaton. He tells her that he is back in his office at noon ;)
- A longer scene of the drinking game with Marion in Nepal
- Another scene where Marion is taking a shot standing and supported by female villagers
- Just before Indy leave Marions bar, she calls him back and kisses him
- Marion shows Indy some goods on the cairo market. Many other traders are coming and
Indy drove them away by kicking a fruit
- The famous Swordsman fight.
- Sallah hands out some food at the digging site. Comic relief.
- Marion stumbles into Indy after she gets "attacked" by the mummies in the Well of Souls.
She then realizes that she had to cross the corpses again to get out of the tomb
- There's an outtake which shows the arabian guy outside the Well of Souls. He is frightened by
Indy and slips down the wall. Indy didn't punch him!
- Indy's ride on the periscope including his sleeping time :)
- Belloq getting dressed for the ark ceremony
- The Ark is transported to the ceremony plateu

Saga Deleted Scenes

ToD
- Singing on the elephants
- Willie meets Chattar Lal at her room
- Indy touching the Snake statue

LC
- The explosion in the canyon of the crescent moon

KotCS
- not a single deleted scene

russds

Nice, thanks!
<div style="background-color:black;">
I always thought he punched him. Interesting. :)</div>

Stoo

JackBurton said:
If someone is interested, here is a small list of all the deleted scenes containing the new Making of featurette on the Blu-Ray.
Way to go, Jack.:hat: Danke!;)
Udnarnoky said:
It's such horse**** that all this deleted footage is clearly available and they're deliberately withholding it.
Not really. They need something to entice you with buying the next boxed set.:p Don't be so greedy!:whip:

Re. the gag reel: Guys, with extreme respect, this doesn't exactly fit the category of 'deleted scenes'.
Please, see this thread: Blooper reels

russds

I always thought the guy was punched.

Talking about the making of Raiders: "Lucas: There were a few jokes in there that weren't in keeping the tone of the movie. When they climb out of the Well Of Souls, there is a digger guy working on the thing - he sees two people come out of the tomb and faints. It was kind of corny."

found here

The Drifter

russds said:

Talking about the making of Raiders: "Lucas: There were a few jokes in there that weren't in keeping the tone of the movie. When they climb out of the Well Of Souls, there is a digger guy working on the thing - he sees two people come out of the tomb and faints. It was kind of corny."

found here

Yeah, I remember reading about that somewhere. Also, I always wondered why the digging party never looked to see what was behind that stone wall.

Henry W Jones

russds said:

I just caulk him up as a passed out drunk. He doesn't seem so out of place when you look at it like that. :D He also is gone part way through the fight scene.

Stoo

russds said:
Like Drifty, I also remember reading about the fainting a few years back. An update on TheRaider.net article is long overdue because it still says that Indy punched him.

http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/deleted_scenes.php

As a matter of fact, the Deleted Scenes articles for ALL of the films need a major overhaul.;)
Henry W Jones said:
I just caulk him up as a passed out drunk. He doesn't seem so out of place when you look at it like that. :D He also is gone part way through the fight scene.
If that guy was drunk then he wasn't a very devout Muslim!:)

P Tom

JackBurton said:

**List**

What? No
Sallah execution scene?
With that many Raiders deleted scenes included it's surprising to me that this one's left out.

Yet of course, there's always the next box set...

Colonel Corey

I wish the deleted scene with the burning Thuggee slave driver was still in there. I love how he says "KALI! KALI! KALI!!!" as he's being brought to drink more blood of Kali Ma! (y)

Vance

P Tom said:
What? No
Sallah execution scene?
With that many Raiders deleted scenes included it's surprising to me that this one's left out.

I don't think that one ever got a complete take. John Rhys Davies ... erm... defecated himself (due to dysentary) during filming that scene and they just said "screw it, we're done for a bit".

hey guys,
sorry for not posting that often. However, I still am a close follower of the forum and an avid Indiana Jones collector. For my own fun and administration, I recently made photographs of every individual Indy collectible I have. I came across this: a photo of a deleted scene in ToD, which is one of the many pics on the front cover of an eighties Indy themed writing pad. Thought it might interest y'all:

indy%20tod.jpg

Stoo

JackBurton said:
I watched the Blu-ray documentary for the 1st time the other night and freaked out!:eek: Those shots of Belloq in the tent getting dressed for the Ark ceremony are PRICELESS. That set has NEVER been seen before and I'm shocked that nobody besides you, Jack Burton, has mentioned this clip before!

The setup is also right in line with Philip Kaufman's contribution to the story (tents & veils).

Just bought the Blu-ray set recently so I need more time to process it all...

Stoo

Me said:
That set has NEVER been seen before...
Correction:

It must be at least 10 years or so since I've seen the 1981 PBS "Making of Raiders" documentary and I just watched it on the Blu-ray. Something I never noticed (or had completely forgotten about) is that it has a brief, partial peek at the inside of the tent but its nowhere near the beauty of the new footage. Don't know about you folks but I think the interior is pretty frickin' cool to see after all this time!(y)

Tent_02_zps7081e933.jpg

Tent_03_zps1646189b.jpg

In the finished film, it just looks like a curtain drawn across the mouth of a cave but it's actually a tent set up inside the alcove.

Tent_01a_zps0ecfe16a.jpg