KotCS comic spoilers

Raiders90

Tempest19 said:
:eek: She's Louis Einhorn? Ew, have to take a cold shower now. (Ace Venture reference, don't know if I spelled it correctly though)

Say hello to big old Mr. Kanish!

And no, she's Ray Finkle.

tnswman

if the book is true to the movie, There is NOT a UFO it remains as mysterious as the Ark's power going to "heaven"

indy012-6.jpg

And the Scene of the Paternal reveal is :
indy011-8.jpg

The best part of the whole thing for me is when Indy avoids the allure of the skull's power for a very GOOD reason..It is soooo Indiana Jones.

DocWhiskey

^ Sooo, I don't get it. Does he know his name is Henry and call himself Mutt? In that case, does he know Indy is his dad all along and won't admit it? Or he hasn't a clue and just doesn't like the name Henry?

tnswman

DocWhiskey said:
^ Sooo, I don't get it. Does he know his name is Henry and call himself Mutt? In that case, does he know Indy is his dad all along and won't admit it? Or he hasn't a clue and just doesn't like the name Henry?

It really isn't told in this book.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
I bet you'd like to find out. :p Well, this pretty much confirms what I've been saying. Menaced again.

You are the most negative and depressing person on this forum.

Don't go see it, and stop trying to ruin other people's excitement. Save your money, don't waste it on a film you hate made by people you hate.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
In a few more days you will probably agree.

Nah. I know pretty much everything that happens in this film from visiting the spoiler forum, and I have to say I think it's going to be in either second or third place. But I'm not going to judge the film until I see how it all gells out on the big screen. Which is what most people should do imo. A lot moments in the the original Indy movies would sound stupid on paper, especially LC's comedic moments. For example, the whole scene where Indy and Henry are being chased by the plane and the guy looks at his engine on fire with a dumb face, then Henry's comment, "They don't come any closer than that!" and two seconds later their car ends up in a hole because of a bomb. Very cheesy. But put on screen, it works out a lot better and is kind of funny.

My guess is that the general public will love it (for example, a lot of my friends and those on non-Indy message boards know spoilers about it and think it's awesome. They even think the whole fridge scene is going to rock and be hiliarious). But I think the fanboy's opinions on this one will be mixed--like the reception to ToD. Because both of them are so different from the 'Biblical' Indy movies.

Last edited:

tnswman

Raiders112390 said:
You are the most negative and depressing person on this forum.

Don't go see it, and stop trying to ruin other people's excitement. Save your money, don't waste it on a film you hate made by people you hate.

dude, We all see Spalko for what he/she'it is...they will LOVE the movie and will NEVER say it...The problems they had with it have already been shown to be handled in the INDY style so now they have to find something else to hate.

Typical Internet nobody

Avilos

I have only one person on my ignore list.... Take a guess? I just wish so many people did not quote their posts!

Jndy

Guys, it's not just Agent Spalko. A lot of diehard Indy fans, myself included, are wondering if Lucas will trash the series the way he did Star Wars.

George Lucas is insane. I hope that Spielberg and Koepp can moderate Lucas' madness.

Jason

Lucas isn't mad because he's not catering to your desires. If this were Star Wars, I'd say you're going to get what Lucas wants, not what you expect. In regards to Indiana Jones, he's the one that was holding the thing up to make sure it was right, not Spielberg and Ford. Beyond all that, he's admitted the only difference in this thing is that it's in the 50s but other than that, it's the same old hat...or fedora for that matter.

Darth Vile

I have to agree with tnswman here, in that it looks like the aliens/crystal skull are going to be treated as metaphysically as the Ark/the Devine were from the previous movies. There certainly are not going to be any little green men and flying saucers attacking the White House. So it looks like the major concern of some is largely unfounded. Lets move on...

MattJones

tnswman said:
dude, We all see Spalko for what he/she'it is...

That was the first sentence I read in this thread... I was suddenly worried that we'd find out at the end of KOTCS that Spalko actually is a guy. :sick:

indyfan105

since this is a spoiler section of the forum.. I want to say something about this thread. be warned.. spoilers..

I saw the end of the comic book for indy 4.. it certainly make sense to me.. one of the rules in scriptwriting is that the hero is wanting something. we see that indy lost both his father and his friend brody. he is probably wishing that he has a family. he gets one at the end of the movie. for me.. that works. besides him and marion were made for each other anyways.. you also got that. I have no problem that mutt is his son. its probably better that way.

Jacob

TideHorn78

indyfan105 said:
since this is a spoiler section of the forum.. I want to say something about this thread. be warned.. spoilers..

I saw the end of the comic book for indy 4.. it certainly make sense to me.. one of the rules in scriptwriting is that the hero is wanting something. we see that indy lost both his father and his friend brody. he is probably wishing that he has a family. he gets one at the end of the movie. for me.. that works. besides him and marion were made for each other anyways.. you also got that. I have no problem that mutt is his son. its probably better that way.

Jacob

I agree 100%