Secret History of Fate of Atlantis - House of Mojo

The Tingler

Hi guys, next month (hopefully) will see the latest part in the International House of Mojo's ongoing LucasArts' Secret History on Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

It's too soon to be talking about it yet, but I'm really proud of this trailer I put up for the event so I thought I'd share it with you guys first and get your opinions. Enjoy!

Skipper

Nice. I don't remember all of those scenes from the game. I guess it's been too long since I've played it. Unfortunately, I lost both my copies of the game. :mad:

The Tingler

Certainly, we will be until the end of August. Send them in here.

I'll be putting the trailer up on the main page atthe House of Mojo along with the link again too.

In case anyone's not played it, the trailer doesn't really spoil anything - well, as much as a normal movie trailer anyway.

If you've only ever played one path through the game, you'll probably only recognise part of the scenes there. There's one line that I only found by accident - when Indy says "Wondering how Sophia Hapgood got mixed up with Nazi spies!" You can only hear the line if you skip ALL of the beginning up until New York.

I did add quite a few sound effects that weren't in the game too.

Last edited:

Benraianajones

I love this game, how much I've dreamed that was made in to a movie. However unless it was how I imagined it to be - I'd be so let down!

The part whre Indy and Sophia have to cross the exploding lava rock floor on the way to the God machine room would have been a great peice of action before the finale in the movie version!

muttjones

How did you get the start of your trailer? You know the bit from the Indy 4 trailer. How did you get that in such good quality? Did you download it and if so where because i need it for the trailer for my fan film.

By the way nice trailer. I now wish i was old enough to get it when it came out:D

The Tingler

Thanks!

I can't remember where I got it from, I think I downloaded the Quicktime version and converted it to avi so I could mess around with it.

The Tingler

It's not up 'til the beginning of September, hence the 'September 2008' in the trailer!

Don't worry, I'll link here the second it is up.

Professor Jones

Benraianajones said:
I love this game, how much I've dreamed that was made in to a movie. However unless it was how I imagined it to be - I'd be so let down!

The part whre Indy and Sophia have to cross the exploding lava rock floor on the way to the God machine room would have been a great peice of action before the finale in the movie version!

Actually some fans tried to make up a movie from FoA, and, as far as I've seen, they seemed to be doing a great job... Alas the fan-movie was announced for summer 1991 and - reading the comments on YouTube - it appears that the authors have abandoned the project (they fear to be legally pursuited by Lucasfilm ???).

Here's the trailer:

Trennas

This was the first PC game I ever owned! Played it sooooo many times just because I couldn't get enough of it! In my opinion, they should have just made a Fate of Atlantis movie instead of Crystal Skull ;)

The Tingler

When I get the urge to play Infernal Machine again I'm going to start work on a trailer for that, as I enjoyed doing the FOA one so much. Eventually an Emperor's Tomb one too.

I'll even do Staff of Kings... as long as it comes out on PC!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The article can now be found here.

The International House of Mojo is still a great fan site all around.