The Sims Revolution

RedeemedChild

EA/ Maxxis most popular franchise and spin-off franchise The Sims and MySims continues to gain more and more popularity as several big releases are set for this year; these include: The Sims 3, MySims Party, MySims Racing and last but not least The Sims movie and MySims The Animated Television Series.

Below are links to the various projects:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008...gency_to_bring_franchises_to_movies_tv-2.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/3d/news/mysims-the-animated-tv-show--and-more---7cce3d.html

http://mysimsparty.com/

http://www.mysimsracing.com/

I wonder what television channel will broadcast MySims The Animated Series? Perhaps Cartoon Network or Fox?

Which studio will distribute The Sims movie? Warner Brothers? Paramount?

RedeemedChild

In my opinion TheSims Castaway and Castaway Stories are the best latest releases in the TheSims franchise.

Yesterday I purchased MySims Kingdom and we really enjoy it. I still like the first MySims the best however. Some of the features like the intricate constuction via blue prints are gone and I miss building block by block, part by part via the blueprints.

I don't know how EA plans to create a TheSims movie and I sure hope it'll be CGI and not live action like The Bratz movie was. The Bratz movie was an epic failure and I don't want to see EA make the same failure with TheSims. I hope that the MySims cartoon will be traditional animation mixed with CGI like Avatar: The Last Airbender and not complete CGI like Bolt; howbeit Bolt seems to be a very good movie. It won several awards yesterday.

The Sims 3: World Adventures

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=3208217

The Sims 3: World Adventures review

The Sims 3 World Adventure (Expansion Pack) gives your Sim the ability to travel to real-world locales such as China, Egypt and France.

This is no ordinary "vacation" pack, however; in past expansions, Sims would visit re-skinned stages with little new gameplay. In The Sims 3: World Adventures, players can investigate underground tombs, solve puzzles, find hidden treasures, while exploring a variety of beautiful backdrops.

This is still The Sims, so you'll be able to stock up on new decor, furniture, clothing, and themes - with an international flair. (See also: The Sims 3 review.)

When you first arrive you're taken to a "base camp" where your essential needs are taken care of; then you check the local notice board, for an assortment of adventures in that country.

Someone may need you to retrieve a lost item from an abandoned tomb, or locate rare rocks scattered near different landmarks - the variety is pretty outstanding, and it doesn't hurt that these missions are fun.

Tomb-raiding mechanics are more interactive than the simplistic gameplay Simsters are used to. Beyond just sliding boxes over pressure-sensitive panels, you must use your skills to evaluate and disarm traps and hazards.

It's all a little Indiana Jones - and a welcome departure from the simplistic "click-and-click" gameplay in previous expansions.

The rewards - ancient artifacts, gems and gold - are worth it, but beware: not all treasure chests are filled with riches. (You know what they say about old tombs and curses...)

By completing different objectives your Sim will earn Visa points that allows them to stay for longer periods, get access to new items and even purchase a holiday home.

Everything is internationally flavoured, of course: French goodies look like they came from an old-country winery, and if you like your stuff black and gold and gaudy, try visiting Egypt.

Each location offers shops filled with new items that help you through long adventures inside tombs, such as tents, dried food, and shower-in-a-can.

There's a new photography skill here too. Once you buy your camera, your Sim can start snapping the sights and the people they meet. There are in-game goodies for meeting your photographic objectives, and a scavenger-hunt checklist will let you know whether to take a picture of wildflowers, or just the flower pot in your living room.

IAdventurer01

Regarding World Adventures:

I think anyone following the franchise saw the Indy inspiration a mile away. And after the Sims 3 releases its first bundle with expansions set, I'll be looking forward to those Indy-inspired vacations more than anything.

IAdventurer01 said:
Regarding World Adventures: I think anyone following the franchise saw the Indy inspiration a mile away. And after the Sims 3 releases its first bundle with expansions set, I'll be looking forward to those Indy-inspired vacations more than anything.

So why haven't you been talking about it?! You must have more to say then you saw it coming...it's got to be better then talking Twilight.

IAdventurer01

Rocket Surgeon said:
So why haven't you been talking about it?! You must have more to say then you saw it coming...it's got to be better then talking Twilight.

Who's been slandering me with rumors of me talking about Twilight!? :mad:

:D

No, I'm referring to the fact that basically the first publicity image of the game released back in August or so was this:

sims_3_world_adventures_1.jpg

If that doesn't say Indy-inspired to you, then you aren't really an Indy fan. :whip:

IAdventurer01 said:
Don't take it personally, I meant "the universal you".

IAdventurer01 said:
, I'm referring to the fact that basically the first publicity image of the game released back in August or so was this:

If that doesn't say Indy-inspired to you, then you aren't really an Indy fan. :whip:

I'm with you on that, I'm trying to get something a bit more substantial out of you to further an actual Indiana Jones conversation...:hat:

RedeemedChild

IAdventurer01 said:

:D

No, I'm referring to the fact that basically the first publicity image of the game released back in August or so was this:

Is this expansion available on the iPod Touch?