A tribute video for Raiders of the Lost Ark

kongisking

This is mostly an experiment with my editing skill, but I thought I'd make (was going to say 'whip up' but I don't want to be cute :p ) a music video paying tribute to Raiders, basically done in a Fantasia/trailer style (you'll understand if you watch it). I'd appreciate feedback and thoughts on this thing, to see if anyone's interested in me doing similar tributes for the other three films. Thanks, padres!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sA7eIe5TFsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

russds

Sorry, just wasnt happening for me. The music was super cheesy. Why not JW? Some of the music hits and syncing was nice, but just felt like a glorified trailer or something but not as good. Hard to watch Indy without the JW score. Sorry, just my two cents.

kongisking

russds said:
Sorry, just wasnt happening for me. The music was super cheesy. Why not JW? Some of the music hits and syncing was nice, but just felt like a glorified trailer or something but not as good. Hard to watch Indy without the JW score. Sorry, just my two cents.

That's understandable. It is indeed hard to separate Johnny from Indy. Like I said, just an experiment.

Though, in my defense, the Raiders March could easily be called cheesy too, if you think about it...;)

HenryJunior

It works, and besides outright using John Williams isn't very original. Using different music make for an interesting experiment.

One thing though:
Thanks, padres!

I think you mean amigos. :hat:

kongisking

HenryJunior said:
I think you mean amigos. :hat:

Gah, right. :eek:

Ad I've never heard the Tales of the Golden Monkey theme. I ought to look that up...

I've actually been trying to make one for Temple of Doom, but my software keeps crashing. Grr.