Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Finn

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
Leia was a slut for kissing two men.
...other one of them actually being her brother. Now that is <i>too</i> much even up to this date! Save our children from such abuse!

Katarn07

I think Junior Jones has a point. The thing about them being 'just good and not great' to the SW fans is probably true. I don't think they're great but I was able to see them being some good movies. I still think George could do some better casting and writing as far as love goes. I say forget trying to make them all a PG rating (heck, if a PG-13 rating were around when the others were made, I'm sure at least Empire would be rated that) and do what needs to be done to give us an excellent story instead of an ok one.

bob

I am not really the worlds biggest Star Wars fan (although I will buy the DVDs)I have a fondness for the series but thats about it.

I think that the PT considering the amount of money and the talent behind it is enormously dissapointing, and I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise they are just for me ropey bland PT movies because of:

1- An absolutely dreadful script, I love the background of GL's universe and the mythos but the scripts are simply dreadful. The dialogue is awful even for something being intentionally corny and the stories lack dramatic hook.
2- Overuse of CGI. Apart from a few beautiful shots in PM the CGI in the PT really is deprimental to the movies, the actors performances have become more and more wooden as a result of not acting with real actors, and there is a sense of superficiality to the action series; no one seems genuinely endangered.
3- Completely superficial characters. Obi-Wan lacks any sort of depth to his character through two movies, and Anakin's performance in SWII has all the subtlty of being run over by a bus.

As a result i just can't sit through them although I would like to enjoy them.

Katarn07

Ewan McGregor's performance is one of the highlights of the movies (as was Liam Neeson's in TPM).

And as for Anakin, I felt his crying about his commiting murder is one of the better scenes in all of the movies.

And the thing with the CGI and a lot of the dialogue.... Oh wait, I agree with those ;)

Last edited:

westford

Ayrun said:
I found it difficult to chose one of the four options?.

You see, I thought those 2 movies were okay? but not near as good as the originals.
But I can't say they completely 'sucked'.
- sigh ?
So I went for 'good'? although that might be a bit overrated. ;)
Same goes for me. Thanks Ayrun, you saved me some writing! ;)

S

skywlkrinc

I never said I didn't think the prequels were good. Hell, I waited in line at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood to get tickets for both of them. I'm just saying Lucas could have and should have done better, but for the most part they are really good movies. Episode 2 is way better than Episode 1, but it was supposed to be like that. Lucas had a lot of stuff to develop during Ep1.

Luke

Canyon

I quite enjoyed Episode I: The Phantom Menace and felt that it was an entertaining film.

My favourite part was the fight scene between Qui Gon Jin, Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul.

I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and felt that it was not only an entertaining film but it was also a film that blew me away and I felt that every scene was done extremely well.

What I don't understand is why people compare Episode I to Episode II because by rights, they are two different types of movie. I feel that Attack of the Clones is if anything a much darker film, something that Empire Strikes Back managed to achieve.

Not for one moment do I believe that Episodes I and II are anywhere in the league of Episodes IV, V and VI but they are, in my opinion, highly enjoyable films to watch. ;)

I

Indy's_main_man

I gotta be the wet blanket

I didn't enjoy either. They were very long and drawn out. Overrated If you ask me.

Strider

Episode 2 was a big fat waste of money! What a bunch of poodoo it was! I can't believe I could stand whaching the whole movie!

I

Indy's_main_man

Episode one wasn't exactly up to snuff with the original triology either

I

Indy's_main_man

The pod racing subplot didn't have too much bearing on the story

Kate

All right. *prepares to get flamed*

I think all the SW movies suck. George Lucas is simply not a good writer or director. He's just an egomaniac who has a lot of influence in Hollywood because of his money.

I

Indy's_main_man

amen.......that's all I can say. I think he's in it for the money. He comes off greedy. "let's make more and more films because we know the fan base will go because it has 'star wars' on it"

Kate

It's all about the merchandising, agreed? If there were no action figures, gummi fruit snacks, wading pools, etc. all featuring Jar Jar binks on them, there would be no SW period. But I STILL think Han Solo is hot.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Okay.. Listen; I agree that these prequels weren't all that necessary if you ask me. In fact.. I think it been better if he hadn't made them at all? although it's always a pleasure to see Yoda again ;) ?.
But without Lucas there was no Indy. I rest my case.