Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I just got around to seeing this movie, and all I can say is...Wow.
It was one of those few movies that just seems to be perfect.
No complaints or any nagging problems (with the exception of one scene where you see the shadow of the camera briefly).

Having never scene the stage production, I have very little to compair this version to. The only other exposure to the story I've had was the 1925 Lon Chaney version.

This movie, in my opinion, was so good, that I am almost tempted to rush out and buy a plane ticket to see this show in London. Alas, I can't.
Has anyone else seen the movie or the stage production? (that is Andrew Lloyd Webber's version)

I remember thinking that Joel Schumacher would be the wrong choice as director; his previous films were Pone Booth and Tigerland. However I was pleasantly surprised with how great the movie turned out. I thought Emmy Rossum was brilliant as Christine and she was only 16 when it was made. :whip:

Canyon

I've seen a stage production of this, which was fantastic, but have yet to see the movie. ;)

Canyon said:
I've seen a stage production of this, which was fantastic, but have yet to see the movie. ;)

Aaron H said:
I just got around to seeing this movie, and all I can say is...Wow.
It was one of those few movies that just seems to be perfect.
No complaints or any nagging problems (with the exception of one scene where you see the shadow of the camera briefly).

Having never scene the stage production, I have very little to compair this version to. The only other exposure to the story I've had was the 1925 Lon Chaney version.

This movie, in my opinion, was so good, that I am almost tempted to rush out and buy a plane ticket to see this show in London. Alas, I can't.
Has anyone else seen the movie or the stage production? (that is Andrew Lloyd Webber's version)

It also helps having Gerard Butler as the phantom. :eek:

Gerard_Butler_jako_Upior_613706.jpg

Grimdiana Bones

I love the phantom music, but never got to see it performed. I'll have to check out the movie if its as good as you say it is. I heard other great things about it, but it didn't seem to recieve very much publicity, you could hardly tell it was in theaters when it was.