Top Ten Reasons You Know You're An Indy Geek When...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You know you're an Indygeek when...

you get through the phone in radio competition and win the double pass to the midnight screening and totally geek out on local radio telling everyone listening you're a huge Indiana Jones fan! :eek: (extremely extremely guilty)

Agent Z

Violet Indy said:
You know you're an Indygeek when...

you get through the phone in radio competition and win the double pass to the midnight screening and totally geek out on local radio telling everyone listening you're a huge Indiana Jones fan! :eek: (extremely extremely guilty)

Midnight screening tooo...........??? :confused:

My fingers are crossed that you just won said tickets!

Btw, all this talk of people using their automatic garage doors for Indy practice reminds me of that "Simpsons" episode which starts with Bart and Homer recreating the beginning of Raiders. :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Agent Z said:
Midnight screening tooo...........??? :confused:

My fingers are crossed that you just won said tickets!

That's right. I did indeedy. And I did hugely geek out on a Gold Coast radio station. I was trying to win all day coz it was my day off from uni and I was bored, and they like "when you hear Indy's theme, ring in and if you're the ninth person calling, you win the double pass to the midnight showing on the 21st!" And I happen to be the lucky ninth. (y) The DJ thought I was a total geek.

But hey, at least a "true" fan won it.:p The other winners thus far have only wanted to win coz it was free rather than coz it was Indy. So I will now be able to spend more money on Topps cards. There's more chances for people to win till the end of the week so hopefully some long time fans will win and dress in their gear when they go so I can take piccies.

The_Raiders

OK you know your an Indy geek whenever you wear your fedora when you watch the movies and get on the raven, and when you play Indy music while being on the raven yes I do that. :)

The_Raiders

intergamer said:
similar ones:

You practice rolling under your garage door as it closes

I did tnat once on accident!! When we first moved into our house we were about to go somewhere and my mom told me to shut the garage door but I didn't know how to close the door, so I hit a random button and the door just came down pretty fast and I went under it perfect, it was a true Indy moment. :p

DocWhiskey

^ I actually fractured my forearm when I was 10 when I did that;) I would made it too, but I reached in for my hat. No joke.

Agent Z

Violet Indy said:
That's right. I did indeedy. And I did hugely geek out on a Gold Coast radio station. I was trying to win all day coz it was my day off from uni and I was bored, and they like "when you hear Indy's theme, ring in and if you're the ninth person calling, you win the double pass to the midnight showing on the 21st!" And I happen to be the lucky ninth. (y) The DJ thought I was a total geek.

But hey, at least a "true" fan won it.:p The other winners thus far have only wanted to win coz it was free rather than coz it was Indy. So I will now be able to spend more money on Topps cards. There's more chances for people to win till the end of the week so hopefully some long time fans will win and dress in their gear when they go so I can take piccies.

That's pretty cool! I'm so glad that, like you said, a fan won! (y)

You know, I used to listen to i98 all the time and never even knew of Gold Coast, although it appears that they stream online as well. So, I may keep my phone at the ready.... :p

NoCamels

You know you're an Indy geek when the question is not "will you wear a costume to the theater to see Indy 4" but rather "which one?" ;)

The_Raiders

Sorry to double post but you know your and Indy geek when your proud to post the things you do that make you a geek :p

And when you memorized each sculpt of the Indy figures before they come out. I have done that with several figures just by looking at them :p

sarah navarro

Your an Indy geek when you go to the store every week and your mom always manages to find you in the cereal section checking if the new indy cereal has arrived yet.:p

The_Raiders

DocWhiskey said:
I'm totally gonna do that May 1st.

Haha me to!! You know your an Indy geek when you try your hardest to get the figurres early and there's only one more week left of waiting, yes I'm guilty of that :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Agent Z said:
That's pretty cool! I'm so glad that, like you said, a fan won! (y)

You know, I used to listen to i98 all the time and never even knew of Gold Coast, although it appears that they stream online as well. So, I may keep my phone at the ready.... :p

Thanks, Z. Mind you, depending on where you are in the world, that could involve going on an international flight, unless the "Saucermen from Mars" aliens beam you there or something. :p

You know you're an Indygeek when you're still geeking out about the tickets and it's nearly a week later.

...you get annoyed at the "Lost Journal" for timeline and plot errors in the entries.

...you make the friend you're taking to the screening, watch all three movies in a marathon because she's never seen any of the films, but picked her coz no one in your family wanted to go and she's the longest friend you have.

Dr. Gonzo

This may have been said already but you know you are an Indy geek when you go to disneyland dressed up as Indiana Jones and and you look way the hell better than the workers at the Indy ride! No joke I went in full regalia one time (minus whip and gun holster) just to see what would happen. People thought I worked there but I was dressed up way more better (accurately) than the real "cast members". I got to go in the fast pass lane any time I wanted for most of the day.

Hahahaha.

oki9Sedo

You try to sneak into a nightclub, get called back by a bouncer who spots you, only to kick him in the face and start a brawl with him

DocWhiskey

You know you're an Indy geek when every time you cross a bridge you whip out a machete and yell, "Mola Rom, prepare to meet Kali...in hell!"