Rick O'Connell vs. Indiana Jones

Raiders90

Hey

This may be a tad immature, and I'm not sure if it's the right section to put this, but I've always wondered who do you think would win in a fight? These two adventurers are in the same league, they're similar in personality and they're from the same time period so who would win? Say, the Rick of 1923 (Just finished fighting in the French Foreign Legion) vs. the Indy of 1920 (Just going into college; went on his first treasure hunt; fought in WW1 as a soldier and spy) and also the Rick of 1936 (defeated the mummy twice) vs. Indiana in 1936 (Just saved the Ark from the Nazis and the Sankara Stones; had loads of adventures in the 20s if you take the novels into consideration) who would win?

MattJones

I think it's a valid question, but that's only because I actually like The Mummy duology.

Rick O'Connell vs. Henry Jones, Jr. (1923): I'd have to give it to O'Connell. He was pluckier and more experienced militarily than Henry at the time.

Rick O'Connell vs. Indiana Jones (1936): Indiana Jones. When you compare the adventures that Indy went on between '23 and '36, you'll see that they far outrank O'Connell.

MattJones

Finn said:
Actually it's a trilogy now.

I don't consider Mummy 3 to be in production until I see some actual proof. ;)

I swear: that's like the most elusive movie to find pictures/videos about. It's very much like Indiana Jones: they have been talking about doing a sequel to The Mummy Returns for many years now.

But in all honesties: I didn't want to say Trilogy because that would have included The Scorpion King, one of the worst movies to date.

oki9Sedo

MattJones said:
I don't consider Mummy 3 to be in production until I see some actual proof.

Ummm....how much proof do you exactly need, mate? Photos, an official logo and an official release date aren't enough?

M3%20Logo.jpg

mummy.jpg

mummy-3-jet-li.jpg

maria-bello-mummy.jpg

mummy3-1.jpg

jet-li-mummy3.jpg

MattJones said:
I swear: that's like the most elusive movie to find pictures/videos about.

There's a new thing called Google Images, believe it or not. Rob Cohen (the director) has a blog as well with photos.

MattJones

oki9Sedo said:
Ummm....how much proof do you exactly need, mate? Photos, an official logo and an official release date aren't enough?

/////

There's a new thing called Google Images, believe it or not. Rob Cohen (the director) has a blog as well with photos.

I swear, I tried looking several days ago, but I found absolutely nothing.

Looks like I am incompetent with regards to Google. :dead:

Shemp

As much as I like The Mummy series, my vote goes to Indiana Jones. Indy came first, and I always considered Rick O'Connell a sort of successor of Indiana Jones. Everytime I look at Rick, and see the Indy in him, but he just deosn't come close, sorry Rick. I can't wait to see The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor though. But Crystal Skull, I can't wait to see even more ;) .

UltimateManGod

oki9Sedo said:

It looks like Indy definitely inspired O'Connel's look for this film. The double belts, leather jacket, and the coloring and style of the shirt and pants. I would take Indy any day, but I am looking forward to this film. Not as much as Indy though. I did enjoy the first one, and the second was mediocre. I hope this one is pretty good. I'm glad they went in a new direction from Egypt and Imhotep.

NamedAfterDaDog

I think that Rick would win in fighting more, but in just overall action, it goes to Indy, just because... he's Indy. Rick, as said before, is a reincarnation of Indy.
I see the Mummy films as good ol' just fun films. Indy, I take seriously, and I love watching the plot unfold and everything, almost like digesting it. The Mummies, I just take them in and forget them. Both are great films, though! :whip:

Insomniac

mummy3_17.jpg
Indy would just pull out his revolver and shoot him but rick also has a lot of heavy artillery. The really hard question but who would win in a cat fight marion or eve???:D

Rayder

In the end I thnk Indy would win because I think he is a lot brighter than Rick, but I would be one long, bloody battle. Rick would have the advatage of the amount of firepower while Indy would use his brains. Brains beats brawn.

Snakes

I think that in a fistfight, Indy would beat O'Connell. However, I think O'Connell might beat Indy in a gunfight. Either way it would be close.

Indy4fan

I loved the Mummy/Mummy Returns but Stephen Sommers is a fool for not directed the third (and hopefully last) one. I also can't believe that instead of at least giving an explanation (in the script/story) for Rachel Weisz NOT playing Evy, they replace her with Maria Bello. It's as if they decided to recast Marion in Kingdom--TERRIBLE!! :(

So in the case of Mummy 3, Indiana Jones BEATS 100% Rick O' Connell