Staff of Kings 360/PS3 test animations

There's a idea bouncing around the last Indy Cast, that there is indeed an XBox 360 and PS3 Indy game in development (not Lego II). I don't recall the pictures in the Lucasarts book in any part of The Staff of Kings, although the removed videos were.

The Tingler

I don't see why not, but you have to remember they've only got a small development team now. If there's going to be another Indy game, I'm sure it'll be done by someone else.

Grizzlor

Thanks for the files Rob. I agree on a future game. Indiana Jones is not really unique in the sense of a game. They could easily use a pre-existing engine, and change the models/skins and scenery. I think the big mistake with this game was that they were building it from scratch.

Nurhachi1991

I actually want to kill myself now.............

THAT GAME WOULD OF BEEN THE GREATEST GAME EVER.......................:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jono11

Nurhachi1991 said:
I actually want to kill myself now.............

THAT GAME WOULD OF BEEN THE GREATEST GAME EVER.......................:mad: :mad: :mad:
Well, that's a huge overstatement.

Nurhachi1991

Not really. Indy was being dragged by a ****** truck!!! Just like in Raiders!

Those test shots were better than anything in Staff of Kings

Perhilion

God-****ing-dammit. I literally came close to tears when I saw that first gameplay video. The combat was amazing! So fluid! **** you, Lucasarts. **** you forever.

tambourineman

Obviously there was a reason it got canned. If the game was any good, they'd have released it. The fact that they canceled it on the current generation systems so far into development is a pretty drastic move, the game must have been truly dire.

Nurhachi1991

tambourineman said:
Obviously there was a reason it got canned. If the game was any good, they'd have released it. The fact that they canceled it on the current generation systems so far into development is a pretty drastic move, the game must have been truly dire.

Yeah theres a reason it got cancelled its called STAR WARS

UIMJ

The final level of Staff of Kings (in the ocean) had some pretty amazing graphic effects going on for the PS2. I can only imagine how this would have looked on the PS3.

Doesn't it seem that everyone who gets the Indy license somehow drops the ball pretty badly at one point or another?

lao che & sons

thanks tingler,

man, why couldn't they have just finished it? all that work for nothing? man that really makes me mad :mad: I can't believe that they got THAT far into making the game only to cancel it and give us something that really has graphics that would've been good 5 years ago. I really hope that Lucasarts reads these forums just to know what they did. I hope they make another indy game pretty soon. :( :(