What creepy-crawlies should be in Indy 5?

Stoo

emtiem said:
Eels! Hundreds of big old electric eels coming to shock him to bits! Could even be in a villain's diabolical lab rather than a natural environment.

I like the idea of bees too. Well, hornets, naturally. Everyone's scared of them, surely?
Or perhaps you could have Indy and friend trapped in a precarious hut or something whilst a colony of rabid termites threaten to eat their position of safety away! :)
The problem with eels, though, is that they are indigenous to S.America and he probably won't be back there again if Indy V gets made. A lab would be better. (Indy's brother came up with an electrical eel idea and we're using it in the Animated Fan Film.:))

I like your termite idea. How about locusts? In the movie, "The Sands of Kalahari", a thick swarm of locusts takes down a plane (similar to the seagulls in "Crusade"). That would be wicked!:eek:

lao che & sons

SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!! I can see Mutt yelling that at the top of his lungs:rolleyes: before umping into Marions arms:D

But seriously I can see them doing sharks for sure and they are pretty dangerous. But if push comes the shove then have them in africa and the y have to fend off a pack of lions.

MUTT
what's that?

he walks around making some noise

INDY
stay back kid!

You see a movement in the tall grass.

MUTT
what is that? DAD!!?

suddenly a lion jusmps out right towards Indy. Indy pulls out his bullwhipe cracks it and the lion backs off. THe lion growls. Then a bunch of Lions come out of the grass and begin to form a circle around Mutt and Indy. CU of Mutt's face sweat poures down his cheak and he looks scared. Indy backs up to mutt and mummbles

INDY
Don't worry kid, just do what I do

Mutt looks scared like at Indy. A nother lion comes closer to them Indy cracks the whip and the Lion Backs off. We hear the temple of doom rope bridge drum beat. The lions are walking in the circle around the pair closing in.
Indy slowly pulls out his weber you see there are he's out of ammo. He opens his bag making some noise and a lion roars at the noise, he grabs out some ammo and begins to load the gun. Another lion jumps up Indy drops his gun to get to his whip. He cracks the whip and the lion moves back the closer to Indy. Indy backs up into Mutt. They both shout a little startled like. They are now back to back with a circle of lions about 20 ft. in diameter and closing in on them.

INDY
oh ****

He see's his gun laying on the ground. He cracks his whip twice and the lions slow down a little bit. He moves forward a lion roars but he cracks the whip again.

MUTT (whispering)
where are you going!?

A Lion roars. Indy cracks the whip. He slowly gets to the gun using this same method until he reaches the gun. He picks it up and slowly aims. He then shoots the lion in fron of him.

All hell breaks loose.

INDY
RUNNN!!!!!!!!

Mutt runs next to indy and a chase proceeds. A huge pack of about 20 lions against 2 people.

this means one thing to Indy... trouble. And to the lions... lunch.

The chase proceeds past a group of elephants at a water hole. Then the pass a group of zebras. A lion runs off and puts chase to the zebra. CU of Indy's eyes just like in the fridge scene. we see a small river/stream ahead. The chase proceeds to the stream with some close calls for mutt. A lion gets as aclose to Mutt as biting off a part of the back of his shirt. (this would have to be CGIed)

They reach the stream and jump in the lions can't swim so the chase ends.the pair come out sapping wet and the move past some shrubs into and open plain. Suddenly a shot is heard Indy ducks and then they run. The realize that they are on an open gun range. dodging some hunters shooting at cans and 1950s pepsi bottles. They dodge all the bullets and NOW the chase is over. This is where they meet there next sidekick. Another archaeologist who is leading a grouphelps them reach a small town. The story goes on..................

so what do you think??:p

NickTurner

Y'all got me a thinking (dangerous I know) but it seems like the common thread running through the "creatures", is that, apart from snakes, Indy really doesn't give a damn.

In Raiders the big spiders don't phase him at all. In fact even the supernatural "bugs" at the end he takes in his stride. Monkeys are - well - disposable. Only the "glittering" goal counts.

In Doom, vampire bats are merely something to show off about, Elephants something to endure, bugs are just bugs, and funky food something to deal with (pocket fruit!).

Oh rats! he exclaims almost sarcastically in Crusade. Lions are tamable, Rhinos avoidable. Even the Nazis are like bugs. Just something in the way of the goal.

He doesn't even seem to NOTICE the ants in Skull! Admittedly he HAS the Skull to wave them off with, but in typical Indy-style he accepts this matter-of-factly and gets on with business.

So any creature he will treat quite rationally, except maybe for snakes, and if the threat is minimal he will dismiss it and if not, deal with it. (RPG, rock, flagpole etc.) It is for the supporting cast to react irrationally and panic.

OK, not even sure what point I was trying to make now :) Time for bed :sleep:

lao che & sons

Perhilion said:
I didn't read all of your post, but I think a stampede scene in Africa would be cool.:D

to shorten it down indy and mutt are surrounded by lions. they get out of it and are then chased by, yes, a stampede of lions. They then run into a shooting range and almost get killeed but befriend another archaelolgist that was shooting on the shooting range.

the end.:D

if that interests you, then read at your own risk.:D

lao che & sons

NickTurner said:
Y'all got me a thinking (dangerous I know) but it seems like the common thread running through the "creatures", is that, apart from snakes, Indy really doesn't give a damn.

In Raiders the big spiders don't phase him at all. In fact even the supernatural "bugs" at the end he takes in his stride. Monkeys are - well - disposable. Only the "glittering" goal counts.

In Doom, vampire bats are merely something to show off about, Elephants something to endure, bugs are just bugs, and funky food something to deal with (pocket fruit!).

Oh rats! he exclaims almost sarcastically in Crusade. Lions are tamable, Rhinos avoidable. Even the Nazis are like bugs. Just something in the way of the goal.

He doesn't even seem to NOTICE the ants in Skull! Admittedly he HAS the Skull to wave them off with, but in typical Indy-style he accepts this matter-of-factly and gets on with business.

So any creature he will treat quite rationally, except maybe for snakes, and if the threat is minimal he will dismiss it and if not, deal with it. (RPG, rock, flagpole etc.) It is for the supporting cast to react irrationally and panic.

OK, not even sure what point I was trying to make now :) Time for bed :sleep:

great points but in skull I think there is a bit of fear in his voice in said line...

'Big damn ants, Run! Go! go." Just listen to it and if you dissagree then it's alright.

NickTurner

lao che & sons said:
'Big damn ants, Run! Go! go." Just listen to it and if you dissagree then it's alright.

I will double check but I think you are quite right. Oh he will react if he thinks there is a danger there but I guess he is calmer after he realizes the ants avoid the skull. He really picks up his hat most nonchalantly!

I notice that creatures (and often inanimate things too) mostly seem to be of a far greater threat to others around him than to Indy himself. Guess that's all part of the gag.

calakutha

Anything that isn't completely CGI. That took me out of the moment in KOTCS. They were just too obviously not organic.
The only thing I could think of that would be cringe worthy are giant bug larvae of some kind. Ew.

Goonie

lao che & sons said:
SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet, sharks with fricken lazer beams attached to there heads. but since they're on the endangered species list, it would take months to cear up the red tape. So if not sharks, then mutated sea bass instead.;)

emtiem

Sharks are good; they did that in the recent Tomb of the Gods strip and it was great.

lao che & sons

Goonie said:
Better yet, sharks with fricken lazer beams attached to there heads. but since they're on the endangered species list, it would take months to cear up the red tape. So if not sharks, then mutated sea bass instead.;)

oh of course. I hate the mutated sea bass!:rolleyes: :D

RedeemedChild

Goonie said:

But a Shark is not a creepy crawly. It's a oceanic creature.

Morning Bell

I think something like giant wasps could work really well. Having Indy run from an entire swarm of flying creatures would be a neat touch.

Darth Vile

Morning Bell said:
I think something like giant wasps could work really well. Having Indy run from an entire swarm of flying creatures would be a neat touch.

A swarm of flying something or other does seem like a natural progression... be that locusts, bees, wasps etc. It also adds to the peril stakes by the feeling of being pursued/chased by something deadly. :)

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Violet Indy
I've always been a fan of the bats idea. I think it could work well if done right.

Recently, when I was starting to write a story (for a novel) at random, I thought a worthy creepy crawlie would be toads. If you live in my state, you'll find that the most annoying introduced pest is the Cane Toad. They grow quite large, are very ugly and they are poisonous. Now, imagine a whole underground lake or wet chamber full of them. Ewwww...

Did I mention they jump pretty high?

So, yeah, that could be a worthy scene for 5.

Don't I know it! But Violet, I'm not sure I could sit through and watch toads in and Indy movie, I would probably spew :sick:, In fact I'm close to it just thinking about it.

I was thinking Aficanised Bees, maybe give scorpins, bats or spiders top role, and I wouldn't mind snakes again! I like to think of these creepy crawlies as infestations that get in Indy's way. I like Frank Darabont's idea of using the frog that if you touched you would be poisned and die (poison arrow/dart frogs). Though he would have to return to the Amazon!:hat:

JP Jones

Morning Bell said:
Has anyone ever read "The Hunger Games"? There's a part in there when the main character drops a mutated wasp nest on some people. The whole time I was reading it I thought " This is Indy material".