Which is your favorite Battlestar Galactica series thus far?

Which is your favorite Battlestar Galactica series thus far?

• [img]http://home.pacbell.net/torvic1/doctorzee1.jpg[/img] Galactica 1980 (1980)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
BG 2003 is a much, much better series than the original BG could ever hope to be. I like the darker tones to the series.

Indydan13

Induminably...I've seen the old one and itsa no good. The new one is more Sci-fi and less annoying British 9 year old prodigal sons...

QueZTone

The old ones have that classic scifi thing going on..
So what about the new ones? its quite cool, they set a new modern scifi atmosphere with the 'opera space battles' how they call them. The camera work is really innovative and the story and tensions rise well through out the episodes. I'm really liking this one. Best scifi on tv right now and definitly in my top10 scifi series.

Apollo's great, Adama is great, Starbuck's even good as a girl! :)

Goodsport

As Season 2 of the new BSG draws to a close, how has your opinion on which is your favorite Battlestar Galactica series changed? Or has it? :confused:

-G

Katarn07

John McClane said:
Battlestar Galactica (2003-present) as it's the only one I've seen. :D

Same here, but it's also one of the best shows ever to air on TV. I have no intentions on ever watching the original. If I want campy TV, I have better things to watch (Star Trek TOS, Planet of the Apes TV Show, Xena: Warrior Princess, etc). The second half of season 2 is starting to let me down, however, with its poor pacing.

I knew they were rushing to get to Sharon giving birth, but couldn't we wait a season and slow everything down a bit and have the episdes withing days/weeks of each other like the first season and a half?

Err, what was said in there pertains to an episode I haven't even seen. Downloaded I think it's called. I think that's what happens and why they did what they did. Basically I hate all the months that have passed in less than 10 episodes when the first season and a half took place over 2 months. I really am hoping it's slowed down again so we can see all the other characters too and not just Apollo/ Starbuck.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The originals were nothing more than a pitiful attempt at competing against Star Trek. "Alien of the Week", no flowing storyline, and most of all little resolution. Whereas, BSG '03 has only humans vs. Cylons, a storyline that forces the viewer to watch every episode, and enough resolution to keep you watching.

BSG '03 also delves into the mystical side of the BSG universe, something that was only lightly touched on in the originals.

I tried to watch the originals the other day, I had to stop. From the bad acting, poor directing, and cheesy sets/effects...it was just plain bad. (Man, I am spoiled)

I will admit that I am a little ticked that they jumped so quickly into the future just to get Sharon's baby born, but there was only so much stretching (pun not intended) that the storyline could endure.

BSG '03 is perhaps the best thing to happen to SciFi since Star Wars hit the Silver Screen in '77.

My Friday nights are booked solid...at least for two more weeks. (Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, & BSG '03)

KDuncan

Aaron H said:
I tried to watch the originals the other day, I had to stop. From the bad acting, poor directing, and cheesy sets/effects...it was just plain bad.

Have you ever watched the Lost in Space TV series? :rolleyes:

Katarn07

KDuncan said:
Have you ever watched the Lost in Space TV series? :rolleyes:

That show was better than its reimagined movie ;) Can't comment about it to the original BSG but I liked it when I was younger.

That's actually another cool idea for a show redone, but isn't BSG kinda lost in space and just doing the same thing the Jupiter II did? Only it's better because you have a fleet of ships and have all sorts of storylines to go off on there. A redone Lost in Space would just come out the same as it had been. Or worse. It'd just be the movie stretched out into a TV show.:sick:

Katarn07

I just finished 'Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I' and it was freakin' amazing. Faith in this series has just been restored. All the secondary characters absent since the arrival of Pegasus made appearances and the story in terms of both military and politics is heating up. I really hope season 3 slows down the pace now that Hera has been born. No need to rush. It only diminished the high quality of the show.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
What a great ep. it was! Frack'n amazing!:D

I wonder, if Baltar wins the election, will Laura and the Admiral get together?