Which is your favorite Battlestar Galactica series thus far?

Which is your favorite Battlestar Galactica series thus far?

• [img]http://home.pacbell.net/torvic1/doctorzee1.jpg[/img] Galactica 1980 (1980)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Katarn07

Aaron H said:
What a great ep. it was! Frack'n amazing!:D

I wonder, if Baltar wins the election, will Laura and the Admiral get together?

Sci Fi's website spoils it for you I hear. I'm holding out for part 2 myself.

I'm actually more interested in what becomes of the Chief. He's one of my fav characters and his absence in this half of the season (along with Gaeta, and Billy, and all these lesser roles) sucks. I heard Cally would play a larger role, but save for that fateful shooting and her time spent stranded on Kobol, she really has been in it less than the first season. Or so it seems to me.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Its gotta be hard keeping all of those sub-plots running smoothly. I don't envy the job of the writers by any means.

Katarn07

Aaron H said:
Its gotta be hard keeping all of those sub-plots running smoothly.

I almost feel that they hit a reset button so they wouldn't have to deal with those subplots. Did you see the finale? I am in the boat that thinks it will be the show's undoing.

OK, so I don't mind them having settled a planet at all. In fact, I was arguing with someone whether or not they should have settled Kobol. This topic had to come up in the show. However, I hated how much time passed by. A whole year? All the characters have changed. It's like starting all over again. We don't know these people anymore.

-Kara and Lee didn't get along in season 1 but gradually they put aside their differences and became very close. Now they're worse off than they were in the mini series. And why? I really can't figure it out. Please explain that to me if I'm missing something.

-Tyrol and Cally are apparently married. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to have seen them get together. Same goes for Kara and Anders marriage ceremony.

-Kara and Tigh never got along but now they're hugging one another? I know it's been a year, and that's exactly my point! All these characters are different.

It's not gonna come back until October. I'm kind of glad the finale wasn't as dramatic as the end of season 1 or season 2.0 because 7 months is a long time. I'll tune in, though I'm not as excited as I thought I would be after seeing Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
While it does seem like a reset button was pressed, just think about how boring it would have been to see that whole year pass by. I mean no Cylons, no real threats of any kind...boring.

Katarn07

So Ron D Moore and others are gonna be involved in the first spin-off. Caprica takes place 50 years before the events of the miniseries and follow the Adama family and some new characters, the Graystones. The Cylons are first going to be made. It sounds dumb from that small description and I pray it doesn't affect the main show which I already stated I feel is slipping in quality.

Katarn07

Spoilers

Anyone still watch this show? I don't have Sci Fi so had to wait for the season 3 boxset. I'm finally all caught up with everything including the first two season 4 episodes and Razor.

So as much as I hated the season 2 finale, I hated the season 3 one even more. I gave season 3 a shot after that whole "one year later" thing and was quite surprised at the quality of the show. It was better than the latter half of season 2 and I didn't even mind the whole destiny subplot with Kara. That is, until "Maelstrom." I knew she was dying and knew she was coming back (thanks to a spoiler I read here of all places :rolleyes: ) But it still didn't sit well with me. And the revealing of the 4 of 5 final Cylons?

Lame, lame, lame, lame, LAME!!! How could the Chief, quite possibly my favorite character in the whole show, be a Cylon?! And don't get me started on Tigh. The man's 70 years old and Adama's known him for 20+ years! How the frak does that work?

The season 4 premier didn't do it for me either in getting over this whole mess they've created. The season 3 premier was so great I was quickly able to get over the whole "one year later," but I fear nothing can make me get used to the idea that the two men I listed are Cylons. And if Starbuck's a Cylon, I'll be even more pissed. I can't think of a more logical explanation than that though so I guess there's no avoiding it.

On the plus side, I've loved everything happening with the Cylon community. The boxing of Three was a cool twist and that new Six gunning down Cavil, Simon, and Doral with the Centurions was awesome. I am excited to see how that storyline plays out.

And ignore the above post. I'm actually excited for Caprica seeing as it's coming AFTER BSG is all over. I've read some stuff that I wish I hadn't and it's gonna be a pretty interesting show I think.

Michael24

I'll take the '78 Battlestar Galactica over the new one any day of the week. It may be cheesy, but at least it was fun.