Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
HHmmmm... if I got it for PC I could edit the game... yes... yes... :rolleyes:

malcolmvu7.jpg

If uhh, you keep uhh, speaking that way...It uh, it'll stay that way. Thats... chaos theory.

The_Raiders

True, I do edi Jedi Academy, I downloaed an Indiana Jones model (I DID NOT MAKE IT) Although I did edit the Indy model to look like Cairo version w/rolled up sleeves, and just an improvment of Indy with his jacket. :gun:

WillKill4Food

The_Raiders said:
True, I do edi Jedi Academy, I downloaed an Indiana Jones model (I DID NOT MAKE IT) Although I did edit the Indy model to look like Cairo version w/rolled up sleeves, and just an improvment of Indy with his jacket. :gun:
Awesome! :whip: :dead:

The_Raiders

If you have Jedi Knight Jedi Academy I can send it to you although you will need to know how to accese your gamedatebase folder, if you go to "search" and type that in you will probably find it. And you can make the Indy model taunt, he says "Don't call me Junior!" (y)

Rhys135

New info

- three chapters, 18 levels
- all your favorite characters from the film in Lego form
- gruesome moments from the films (Major Toht) have been adapted with humor and will not be gory
- attack with whip, use it as a grapple
- use a spade to dig up treasures
- limited ammo
- Indy?s fear of snakes will make him freeze up, and another character will have to take over
- ?more open and explorative? than Lego Star Wars says dev team
- Nazis completely removed
- Due out this June

Deckard

Rhys135 said:
New info

- all your favorite characters from the film in Lego form
- gruesome moments from the films (Major Toht) have been adapted with humor and will not be gory
- use a spade to dig up treasures
- limited ammo
- Indy’s fear of snakes will make him freeze up, and another character will have to take over
- ‘more open and explorative’ than Lego Star Wars says dev team
- Due out this June

This is really shaping up to be not an Indiana Jones game. They better still have German Soldiers and if theres no Temple of Doom part, I will be very displeased.

Arab Swordsman

Rhys135 said:
New info

What is Indy going to fight? This makes no sense. I could see if they don't have the Nazi symbols in the game and just make generic enemies in uniforms but how can you take them totally out? Other than Thuggees you would just be shooting animals the entire game. I hope this means just no Nazi symbols.

QBComics

I am pretty sure it just won't have the Nazi symbol. So the name is Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures? Cool. I am not worried for the game. Is this like a magazine article? If it is can someone get an issue and post the screenshots up?

QBComics

NEW IMAGES AND AN XBOX360 interview of the game(y) (y)

Indy2.jpg

Indy3.jpg

GameSpot: Where did the idea to do a Lego version of the Indiana Jones movies come from?

Shawn Storc: Indy is a natural fit for a game like this that encourages exploration, adventure, and cooperative gameplay, as well as a healthy dose of humor.

You are permitted to sing 'dum dah dum-dum!' while viewing these screenshots.
GS: How will the gameplay differ from Lego Star Wars?

SS: The characters in the game are much more in tune with their surroundings and are much more physically active as they encounter puzzles, traps, and enemies. For example, you can pick up objects in-game and use them to battle enemies, solve puzzles, light fires or barrels of gunpowder. On top of that, characters are quite athletic and can now climb ropes and swing on vines, swim, and shimmy hand-over-hand across ledges. All of these open up a variety of gameplay options we were previously unable to offer players.

GS: Is the game using the LSW engine or an all-new one?

SS: The core technology is based on the same engine, but with significant upgrades to allow for the new gameplay elements previously described. That's also not to mention the fact that the game is visually striking and really communicates the unique environments that Indy has the good fortune to visit.

GS: Will there be online co-op?

SS: Nope. Of course, we hope families will continue to enjoy co-operative gameplay in their own homes.

GS: What has the team learned from the LSW games that's benefiting Lego Indy?

Look for all the goofy charm of the Lego Star Wars games to show up here.
SS: We have all learned how to work better together under pressure to deliver on the core experience of the films and really fulfill the fantasy of being able to play these memorable characters as Lego minifigures.

GS: What are the challenges in Lego-izing the Indiana Jones movies?

SS: The main challenge was aligning the movie experience with the actual gameplay environment. In short, we had to figure out how we make these little plastic figures move more like real people, demonstrate athletic ability, and really take the interactions to the next level.

GS: Will there be any content in the game based on the upcoming film?

SS: As much as we would love to use content from the new movie, our focus remains on the first three original adventures of Indiana Jones.

GS: How did you pick what parts of the film to make levels out of? Were there any you wanted to but didn't or couldn't due to time or design choices?

SS: The team used the same approach as was used in the LSW games: look for the pivotal and memorable events in the films and either allow players to relive them through their interactions with the game, or use them to communicate the unique brand of humor that the team at Traveller's Tales does so well.

GS: Will there be the same kind of collectibles?

SS: Absolutely. As an archaeologist, Indy is all about collecting treasures. After all, that is what drives all of his adventures!

You can also expect plenty of unlockables, as in the Star Wars games.
GS: Will there be gold bricks and assorted hidden unlockables?

SS: Of course, but as you can imagine, they will be uniquely tailored to fit seamlessly within the Indy world.

GS: Will there be a hub or store where you can open stuff up?

SS: Yes, the player will be able to move about the game hub, which is inspired by Indy's academic surroundings at Barnett College.

GS: Will there be any LSW cameos, since Indy was in LSWCS?

SS: It wouldn't be fun if I gave always all the secrets now, would it? Players should keep a watchful eye out for a variety of subtle and not-so-subtle references to LSW.

GS: Will the game be different on the portable systems? Will they have added functionality or connectivity to the Wii or PlayStation 3?

SS: The DS experience complements and builds upon that of the console versions. As players saw in LSW TCS on the DS, there will be a variety of interesting touch-screen interactions throughout normal gameplay, as well as a range of unlockable stand-alone minigames designed specifically for the touch screen. Try as we might, interaction with their bigger console siblings just isn't in the cards this time around.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/legoindianajones/news.html?sid=6185688&mode=all

Last edited:

Katarn07

Rhys135 said:

Same as LEGO Star Wars, I believe.

ToD's likely to provide the most laughs since they'll take some dark imagery and make it goofy. I can also imagine what Belloq's death will look like!

Hrm, I figured the whip would work like the ascension guns but didn't expect it to be used as a weapon. I hope Indy's got hand-to-hand skills that rival Chewbacca's.

- limited ammo

That'll prove more challenging. I like it.

- ‘more open and explorative’ than Lego Star Wars says dev team

Cool? I didn't mind the linear levels to be honest. I hope they don't sacrifice the fun factor to make things "more open" to the player.

I think that means Nazi imagery. They already made German soldiers for the LEGO sets so why would they exclude them from this game? They need to make a T-Rated collectors edition with a bonus level of Berlin, complete with Adolf Hitler! That scene's funny as is, but imagine it with LEGOs!

- Due out this June

Can't wait :D

The_Raiders

I think mabe like the ark scene in Lego Indy like belloq and toht and the other dudes lego peices will just all come apart or something :)

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
I think mabe like the ark scene in Lego Indy like belloq and toht and the other dudes lego peices will just all come apart or something :)

0009.jpg

You have no idea how hard it is for me everyday when I wake up... Not to put these guys in the microwave and break out the video camera.

fixer79

Arab Swordsman said:
What is Indy going to fight?

The elements.

Only joking. It's very good for morale!
:whip:

No seriously, like Katarn said, I'm pretty sure they mean Nazi imagery. Remember that old interview were this LEGO rep told us no Nazis would be included in the toyline? Turned out Nazis figures were included, but just without Swastikas. I'm sure the same rules will apply to the game.

That 'all your favorite characters from the film in Lego form' quote bugs me though...
Does that mean it's only based on RotLA? Unless I'm mistaken, all screenshots appear to be based on Raiders...

:confused:

QBComics

fixer79 said:
That 'all your favorite characters from the film in Lego form' quote bugs me though...
Does that mean it's only based on RotLA? Unless I'm mistaken, all screenshots appear to be based on Raiders...

:confused:

They said it in the trailer: from all 3 Indiana Jones films. and that recent article said 3 films and 18 levels.

fixer79

QBComics said:
They said it in the trailer: from all 3 Indiana Jones films. and that recent article said 3 films and 18 levels.

Riiight... Maybe I should watch that trailer again... ;)

Anyway... Turns out ToD is too dark for the toy line but not too dark for the video game...
Odd.