TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #26
DoomTown
IndyFan

Location: The Atomic Cafe,on a highway somewhere in Nevada...
This looks incredible!!!

Might have to make a special trip back home just to check this one out...perhaps there can be a group of Raveners and Indy-Casters who can get together for this. Now THAT would be an event!
DoomTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #27
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
The world abounds with treasures, some of which can be found in our own backyard. The exhibition is designed in such a way that the last gallery is dedicated to local archaeology, allowing the host museum to feature some of its prized collections. For its world premiere in Montreal, artefacts from the Archaeology Collection of the City of Montreal will be on display.
This will probably feature a healthy amount of stuff that was dug up when they were building the metro (subway) system in the mid-'60s. (It always makes me laugh when reading Marvel comics #4 where Indy says he was at the dig pre-1936!)
Quote:
Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition will launch its world premiere at the Montreal Science Centre from April 28 through September 18, 2011. Tickets are on sale now! For complete schedule and ticket information, visit the Montreal Science Centre Box Office or contact them at (514) 496-4724 or (877) 496-4724 or visit www.indianajonestheexhibition.com. Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology is the first production of X3 Productions, for more information visit www.x3productions.ca.
So far, the website for the Montreal Science Centre (Centre des sciences de Montréal) http://www.montrealsciencecentre.com/home.html has no info at all and neither does www.indianajonestheexhibition.com apart from the trailer.

Fun facts:
X3 Productions is literally down the street from my condo in Montreal just 3 blocks away AND they're in the building RIGHT NEXT DOOR to A2M (Artificial Mind and Movement) who made the "Staff of Kings" video game!

In a way, Indy was already at the Montreal Science Centre earlier this year. Check out these photos from the Can we get Indy around the globe? thread. Except for the shot with the raccoons, they were all taken in the vincity of the science centre at the Old Port. The picture of Indy and the ships is right beside it!

---
If anyone is planning on going to Montreal to see the exhibit, let's co-ordinate because I'll be back in the summer for a couple of weeks and it's also the best time to visit the city. There's always a lot going on in June & July (Jazz Festival, Comedy Festival, etc.) and the night-life is great. We can party at my place and then hit the town which is within walking distance of many hot-spots. Stoked!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
If anyone is planning on going to Montreal to see the exhibit, let's co-ordinate because I'll be back in the summer for a couple of weeks and it's also the best time to visit the city.
We'll talk!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #29
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Do you really think it won't tour the US? My bet is they're working out the kinks and we'll get a more refined version of the exhibition. Also consider the ticket sales which can be tracked to negotiate the most equitable cut of the profits...

I have no idea if it will. The press release doesn't mention the US at all. Even if it does come to the US it won't be for several years.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #30
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
I have no idea if it will. The press release doesn't mention the US at all. Even if it does come to the US it won't be for several years.

Isn't the only thing that's apparent that it will be in Montreal through September of 2011? That's less than a year away.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #31
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Isn't the only thing that's apparent that it will be in Montreal through September of 2011? That's less than a year away.

This is from the official press release:

Quote:
This first-of-its kind touring exhibition will be presented in twelve world-class institutions in Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. The world premiere run will be held at the Montreal Science Centre, starting April 28, 2011.

So it looks like it will be travelling to Europe and then the Asian Pacific Region later on.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. The announcement of an Official Indiana Jones event is much more tiresome then complaining about Ford and Jay Leno talking cars...and The Mod Squad.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #33
Attila the Professor

Hmm, good point. Well, it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. It would be somewhat surprising to see Lucasfilm and the Penn Museum being so active in an exhibit that doesn't hit the states at any point.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #34
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Yeah, you're right. The announcement of an Official Indiana Jones event is much more tiresome then complaining about Ford and Jay Leno talking cars...and The Mod Squad.
What? Hate to take things off-topic but where can one find Harrison Ford talking about "The Mod Squad"? That was a good show and the music was top-notch!
Quote:
...twelve world-class institutions in Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region
Twelve. I wonder what the other 11 are?

Looks like the exhibit will have the Chachapoyan idol, the Cross of Coronado, Nurhachi's urn, Mola Ram's head gear, the Grail, the Ark, the Crystal Skull and Orellana's mask, etc.!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #35
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
What? Hate to take things off-topic but where can one find Harrison Ford talking about "The Mod Squad"? That was a good show and the music was top-notch!

One of Jay Leno's staff swears Ford was in an episode of The Mod Squad as a cop. Just like The Great Escape, he wasn't. Though the pic over on the General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities is another actor.
Quote:
It would have been nice if they even mentioned Cowboys and Aliens. But no they had to talk about Jay's cars and a Mod Squad appearance that never happened.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #36
indyclone25
IndyFan

indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #37
indyclone25
IndyFan

don't forget i heard rumblings of this exhibit about a year ago , here is the link
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18890
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #38
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:

Huh? I'm just expressing my personal disappointment that I won't be going to this show in the foreseeable future. I'm happy for the people who are able to go to it.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up something I said in another thread.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #39
indyartist
IndyFan

Video looks interesting

is there a site on the National Geographic museum exhibition of Indy stuff?
indyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #40
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyartist
is there a site on the National Geographic museum exhibition of Indy stuff?
Hi, Bill. Unfortunately, it appears that the exhibit will not be in Chicago (nor touring in the U.S. at all ) so this thread is pretty much a dead-end. For more info & details, check this one out: Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition

P.S. I like Chicago because it's a great city with lots of character but you Chicago fans should make your way to Montreal for the premiere! It might be the only chance you get and it's not that hard to do. Only a 14-hour drive...Believe me, I've done it...
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #41
Rocket Surgeon

The site is up, tickets are on sale: indianajonestheexhibition.com

Quote:
Huh? I'm just expressing my personal disappointment that I won't be going to this show in the foreseeable future. I'm happy for the people who are able to go to it.I'm not sure why you are bringing up something I said in another thread.
Well, you're an understanding fellow. It's not hard to imagine someone thinking the lack of Indy V conversation on The Tonight Show is more interesting to you than The Exhibition being some proof of life.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #42
Ironclaw
IndyFan

Quote:
I'm just expressing my personal disappointment that I won't be going to this show in the foreseeable future. I'm happy for the people who are able to go to it

Yeah, I saw this and got all happy...only to be crushed by the sadness that it won't be anywhere near until 2012 (if that...I doubt the Carnegie in Pittsburgh will get it).
Ironclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #43
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
The site is up, tickets are on sale: indianajonestheexhibition.com

Well, you're an understanding fellow. It's not hard to imagine someone thinking the lack of Indy V conversation on The Tonight Show is more interesting to you than The Exhibition being some proof of life.

You're taking what I said out of context and blowing it way out of proportion. Way to go.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #44
AnnieJones
IndyFan

I love how you get to use the brush as a way to dust the sand(and or dust)off of the Indiana Jones the Exhibition website.
It makes you temporarily feel like an archaeologist.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 11-04-2010 at 10:05 PM.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #45
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieJones
I love how you get to use the brush as a way to dust the sand(and or dust)off of the Indiana Jones the Exhibition website.
It's a nice little touch.

Quote:
You're taking what I said out of context and blowing it way out of proportion. Way to go.
No doubt Doc. I'm just expressing my personal puzzlement over your expressions of disappointment, that you lament the lack of Indy V news, and gripe when there is a ray of hope. I'm happy to hear Indy hasn't been shelved for good. I'm not sure why you perpetuate a silly squabble. Shame...
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #46
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
It's a nice little touch.

No doubt Doc. I'm just expressing my personal puzzlement over your expressions of disappointment, that you lament the lack of Indy V news, and gripe when there is a ray of hope. I'm happy to hear Indy hasn't been shelved for good. I'm not sure why you perpetuate a silly squabble. Shame...

Look, I really am not clamoring for Indy 5 news. I don't think I've ever complained about a lack of Indy 5 news. The only reason why I was complaining about this exhibit is because I'm jealous I won't be able to see it.

I respect you and your posts, so why don't we just stop attacking each other?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #47
Rocket Surgeon

I wonder what's going to be in the gift shop? I have The Magic of Myth book, and a couple other unique items from that exhibit. Blu-ray maybe?

Last edited by Rocket Surgeon : 11-05-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #48
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Hi, Bill. Unfortunately, it appears that the exhibit will not be in Chicago (nor touring in the U.S. at all ) so this thread is pretty much a dead-end. For more info & details, check this one out: Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition

P.S. I like Chicago because it's a great city with lots of character but you Chicago fans should make your way to Montreal for the premiere! It might be the only chance you get and it's not that hard to do. Only a 14-hour drive...Believe me, I've done it...
Maybe they can be merged...amazing they could keep this under wraps for so long, even with indyclone's inside information goin back a year!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #49
Saber79
IndyFan

Hey everyone,

Been a long time since I've been around....lot of things happening in the personal life...but I'm back, with hopefully no more lapses...

Anyway, I was so excited to hear about this exhibit. I can't wait for it to come to New York City. This is great news!!
Saber79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #50
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Yeah, I saw this and got all happy...only to be crushed by the sadness that it won't be anywhere near until 2012 (if that...I doubt the Carnegie in Pittsburgh will get it).
Am I missing something? I don't see any other future locations listed on the website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieJones
Have to agree. It's an amusing feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber79
Been a long time since I've been around....lot of things happening in the personal life...but I'm back, with hopefully no more lapses...

Anyway, I was so excited to hear about this exhibit. I can't wait for it to come to New York City. This is great news!!
Very glad to see you back, Saber. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this will be touring the U.S. (so far). Montreal *may* end up being your closest bet and Selden is on Long Island, yes? 6-7 hour drive for you.