Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #51
Saber79
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Very glad to see you back, Saber. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this will be touring the U.S. (so far). Montreal *may* end up being your closest bet and Selden is on Long Island, yes? 6-7 hour drive for you.

Thanks Stoo, great to be back in the saddle so to speak...maybe future dates will be posted..who knows...wishful thinking I guess...I know there is a National Geographic museum in Manhattan, they just had the King Tut and Titanic exhibits...so I'm hoping Indy catches a ride to Gotham. Yeah Selden is on Long Island, I actually made the trip to Montreal when I was in college and that took me about 7 hours...definitely worth the trip! If the exhibit is only in Montreal, I may make the journey to the Great White North yet again, perhaps our paths will cross!
Saber79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #52
indyartist
IndyFan

Quote:
Hi, Bill. Unfortunately, it appears that the exhibit will not be in Chicago (nor touring in the U.S. at all ) so this thread is pretty much a dead-end. For more info & details, check this one out: Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition

P.S. I like Chicago because it's a great city with lots of character but you Chicago fans should make your way to Montreal for the premiere! It might be the only chance you get and it's not that hard to do. Only a 14-hour drive...Believe me, I've done it...
Thanks Stoo, for the info.
indyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #53
chicago103
IndyFan

It would be so awesome if that Indiana Jones exhibit came to Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry, it is right up that place's alley. It's an awesome museum, I am a member there and it is just blocks away from the University of Chicago, Indy's alma mater.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #54
Mickiana
IndyFan

I suppose Australia will be out of the question? Oh well, I will just have to make do with Indy5. I mean, there is going to be an Indy5, isn't there???!!! Where are those antidepressants?
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #55
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
I suppose Australia will be out of the question? Oh well, I will just have to make do with Indy5. I mean, there is going to be an Indy5, isn't there???!!! Where are those antidepressants?
Don't give up so quick! Did you see The Magic of Myth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
The Magic of Myth tour dates:

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
The San Diego Museum of Art
The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
The Field Museum, Chicago
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
The Toledo Museum of Art,
The Brooklyn Museum of Art,
The Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 AM   #56
Mickiana
IndyFan

Sydney is a nine - ten hour drive or a one hour flight. That's doable! But is this tour an Indy thing, at least partly?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #57
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
Sydney is a nine - ten hour drive or a one hour flight. That's doable! But is this tour an Indy thing, at least partly?

Magic of Myth was the Star Wars tour that preceded this one. That list of tour locations from last time is more or less what you Australians and we Americans have to pin our hopes to, in terms of getting the exhibit on our own soil, and not just Canada, Europe, and Asia.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #58
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Magic of Myth was the Star Wars tour that preceded this one. That list of tour locations from last time is more or less what you Australians and we Americans have to pin our hopes to, in terms of getting the exhibit on our own soil, and not just Canada, Europe, and Asia.
It might be interesting to see how the tour coincides with Crystal Skull grosses.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #59
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Interesting... I would see it, though admittedly, I did want to see the Magic of Myth, but it wasn't on for long in Sydney and when I did get to Sydney, I missed it by a few months. However, I did get to see a really good exhibition on the Incan and Aztec civilisations at the Australian Museum there, so I kind of got a bit of a Raiders opening and Crystal Skull experience. I did get to see a fertility idol there, btw, but it wasn't gold!

Usually when Asia-Pacific gets mentioned, that usually means Australia (either Sydney or Melbourne). I would love it if they would send these exhibits to Brisbane. Not as far to go!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #60
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Interesting... I would see it, though admittedly, I did want to see the Magic of Myth, but it wasn't on for long in Sydney and when I did get to Sydney, I missed it by a few months. However, I did get to see a really good exhibition on the Incan and Aztec civilisations at the Australian Museum there, so I kind of got a bit of a Raiders opening and Crystal Skull experience. I did get to see a fertility idol there, btw, but it wasn't gold!

Usually when Asia-Pacific gets mentioned, that usually means Australia (either Sydney or Melbourne). I would love it if they would send these exhibits to Brisbane. Not as far to go!

Everyone complains about the attention Star Wars gets and how Indiana Jones always gets the short stick. I see this as an opportunity to encourage more films/books/shows...

Bring on Indiana Jones:In Concert!

Master of Ceremonies: John Rhys-Davies!
Old 11-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #61
Moedred
Administrator

Twitter:
http://www.Twitter.com/IndyExhibition
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Indian...69410763085130
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #62
emtiem
IndyFan

I hope this makes it to the UK eventually! I'd love to see the Ark up close. I'm sure one of those big touring Star Wars ones came to London a few years back; only right given Indy's and Star Wars' ties here I suppose!
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #63
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

In case you hadn't noticed, the people behind the Adventure of Archeology exhibit Facebook page have name dropped The Raven on their page! It'll be interesting to see if there's a new influx of people to the site...

I say there's a good chance that this exhibit will ultimately become a traveling event. With Lucasfilm and National Geographic as co-sponsors, I suspect it'll hit the NYC and/or DC metro area and the San Francisco Bay Area at the very least. And while not as reassuring as, say, a list of official stops, the trailer at least indicates that they want it to become a worldwide tour.

So at least there's that.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #64
Moedred
Administrator

Prior to that discussion was happening here.
http://indylounge.proboards.com/inde...ay&thread=5058
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:46 AM   #65
Rocket Surgeon

NOT their first Rodeo...

Quote:
ILM Models on Display in Chicago
June 01, 2004

If you've ever wanted to get up close to a careening mine car, a decaying Donavan, the Ark of the Covenant or other amazing models from the artists of Industrial Light & Magic, the windy city offers such an opportunity. Now playing at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago is Action! An Adventure in Moviemaking, a special exhibit showcasing some of ILM's most famous models.

Among the Indiana Jones models and props on display are:

The miniature mine cars and puppets from Temple of Doom

The Ark of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Ark

The disintegrating Walter Donavan puppet from The Last Crusade

and others.

The 12,000-square foot exhibit includes a section entitled "Meet the Moviemakers," presenting an inside look at the filmmaking process told by top professionals in the field. "The Sound Stage Experience" takes museum guests right into the action of a movie sound stage, on three live sets where scenes are being shot. Finally, the postproduction process is illuminated in a screening room detailing the editing and mixing of a movie, with Skywalker Sound lending its expertise to the exhibit.

The Museum of Science and Industry is one of the most visited museums in the world. It is on 57th Street and Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. It is open every day of the year, except December 25. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sundays. For more information about the Museum, visit the official website here

Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, NJ
May 28, 2005 - Sept 5, 2005

Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Oct 1, 2005 - May 21, 2006

Discovery Place, Charlotte, NC
June 24, 2006 - January 7, 2007

Available bookings
through 2009

Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #66
Stoo
IndyFan

Dang it, I've been back home for a month but have been too busy visiting family & friends to stop by the Science Centre to see if there's any promo literature and am leaving tomorrow. Sorry, folks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
In case you hadn't noticed, the people behind the Adventure of Archeology exhibit Facebook page have name dropped The Raven on their page! It'll be interesting to see if there's a new influx of people to the site...
Way cool that The Raven was mentioned but it looks like one of the X3 Productions employees decided to join Indy Lounge instead. She's looking for Montreal Indy fans so maybe I'll join the Indy Lounge just to contact her (and tell her to join The Raven)!

Among other things, she (indyexhibition) has confirmed that the Ark and the crystal skull prop will be on display (see: Moedred's link below).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Prior to that discussion was happening here.
http://indylounge.proboards.com/inde...ay&thread=5058
Today (regarding the fact that the exhibit won't be touring the States) someone wrote this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastered
there has always been a bit of a disliking of Americans from Quebec.. not saying that's why but it's insane to not have it here.
Urgh. If he's "not saying that's why", then why is he saying it?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #67
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Dang it, I've been back home for a month but have been too busy visiting family & friends to stop by the Science Centre to see if there's any promo literature and am leaving tomorrow. Sorry, folks!

Way to go, Stoo. Putting family and friends ahead of the mission again!

Quote:
Way cool that The Raven was mentioned but it looks like one of the X3 Productions employees decided to join Indy Lounge instead. She's looking for Montreal Indy fans so maybe I'll join the Indy Lounge just to contact her (and tell her to join The Raven)!

The Indy Lounge is a horrible looking site. I had a quick look and it was a relief to come back here to the signature free warm colours of The Raven. Take off the pith helmet and sneak in to lure her out. She'll be much happier here.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #68
Stoo
IndyFan

Well, I registered to the Indy Lounge 2 days ago and asked Mrs. Indyexhibition to come join us here. No word yet but let's hope she accepts the invitation.

Family & friends above the mission? Why, of course! What kind of man do you think I am?

(The quote from jedimastered which I posted above was removed from the thread! Nonetheless, it did spark a heated conversation.)
Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #69
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Family & friends above the mission? Why, of course! What kind of man do you think I am?

It was the pith helmet. I mistook you for Belloq!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #70
Stoo
IndyFan

To tell you the truth, Smiffy, I don't like the style of Belloq's helmet.

O.K. Screw any news about that dork in the bat suit and all the general film & video game B.S., Indy is coming to La Belle Ville de Montréal! Only 3 months to go so everyone get your tuchus in gear!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #71
Rocket Surgeon

The Indiana Jones Exhibition

Many staff members here are geeking out about the Indiana Jones Exhibition opening in Montreal in April.

Penn Museum will be loaning many of the real artifacts that will be on display in this exhibition. We are all giddy about seeing them in the context of such a classic movie. The Museum is always abuzz whenever Hollywood even winks in the direction of archaeology or anthropology or even museology (Night at the Museum). Plus, sometimes we get free promotional shwag! The whole Indiana Jones phenomenon had an especially profound effect on many of my Penn Museum colleagues. I asked a few of my co-workers to share their Indy reflections and anecdotes. Here’s what they had to say:

Bea: Membership

1) I won a Halloween costume contest as Dr. Elsa Schneider from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Chris was Indiana so we were quite the pair. I even made a grail and a grail diary and loved every minute of it. The grail kinda sucked so I threw it out, but the hand drawn copy of the grail diary was a keeper.

2) My cell phone ring is the theme song to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

3) I grew up listening to movie theme music with my dad so I knew the music to all three movies before I even understood what they were about. I remember not liking Marion as a character because I didn’t like her theme music. I’ve since learned better and can enjoy her character for more than just the tune.

4) Quotes from the movies permeate my everyday life. Like the Simpsons, Indy has something so say in every situation that is clever and pithy.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #72
Mickiana
IndyFan

I'd love to see that exhibition but I don't think it come anywhere near here.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #73
Stoo
IndyFan

Mickiana, keep your fingers crossed. Some of the planned stops are in the 'Asia-Pacific' region so they could include Oz.

On this week's IndyCast, Ed Dolista mentioned that an exhibit spokesperson, Kim Belair, will be on the next show. Maybe she'll have some new info.

Wondering if Ms. Kim Belair is the same gal who is posting at the Indy Lounge forum, I just looked her up on Facebook a minute ago...Lo & behold, to my complete and utter amazement, in her profile photo she is wearing a FREAKING PITH HELMET just like one of of mine! I HAVE to meet this chick!!!!!!

Don't mean to sound like a stalker but I'm convinced it's the same Kim (and the same person who is at the Indy Lounge). A marketing major from Montreal...
Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #74
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
On this week's IndyCast, Ed Dolista mentioned that an exhibit spokesperson, Kim Belair, will be on the next show. Maybe she'll have some new info.
Can't wait to hear what she has to say...hope the conversation mentions the other tours and maybe we'll get an audio tour with some of the actors?!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #75
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:

Anyone know the artist on this?
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote