Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #76
Mickiana
IndyFan

Now my hope is up, Stoo.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #77
Stoo
IndyFan

@Harvey: No idea on the artist. Good question, though. Ms. Belair may know (or be able to find out).

@Mickiana: While I'd imagine most of the other 11 stops will make up the European leg of the tour, it would surprising if the exhibit didn't go to Australia as there is obviously a fan base 'Down Under'. (Speaking of Oz, through my job I've met many Aussies and have never come across one I didn't like. Wonderful people.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Can't wait to hear what she has to say...hope the conversation mentions the other tours and maybe we'll get an audio tour with some of the actors?!
Knowing the other cities is probably the BIGGEST question on everyone's mind. Really looking forward to hearing the interview! I should ask Ed how he got in touch with her because I'd like to do the same.

The female poster (K.Belair?) at the Indy Lounge who goes by the name of, 'indyexhibition', still hasn't replied there in awhile. Here's a photo she took at the press conference:

Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #78
Mickiana
IndyFan

If it came to Australia, I'd still be hoping for it to come to my home town, Brisbane. Sydney, while not the capital of Australia, is the most populous city here and with Melbourne are the two most likely places to host international tours and events. Brisbane is 1000 km north of Sydney so it is only a two hour plane flight. Sydney's a great place to make a weekend of.... And yes, us Aussies are a great bunch. Australia is like a microcosm of the world but without many of the troubles.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #79
Goonie
IndyFan

Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology Exhibit

Anybody going to check this out? First stop is in Montreal, exhibit opens April 28:
http://www.indianajonestheexhibition.com/home.aspx

If it shows up in western Canada I'll definitely go check it out. Looks like it's a mix of real artifacts and props from the movies.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #80
Stoo
IndyFan

Post New Website Design & Extras

Well, I'm all set to return home to Montreal for a little while and will be attending this thing at the 1st available chance. Opening day is 2 weeks away! Woo-hoo! STOKED.

The official website for the exhibit has been completely changed and updated with many new videos, wallpapers, etc. Unfortunately, the "More Cities" link doesn't show anything new but there are *11* empty slots in place, waiting to be filled in...

http://www.indianajonestheexhibition.com/home.html

One of the downloadable wallpapers:

In another thread, Goonie posted a link to a CNN news article that contained some more info. 30 years on, 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' inspires real adventures

Here's the appropriate bit:
Quote:
"As a teacher, I would ask my students, 'How many of you were influenced by Indiana Jones films?'" said Fred Hiebert, an archaeology fellow with National Geographic. "Everyone in the class would raise their hands."

Hiebert is the co-curator of "Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology," an exhibition that makes its worldwide debut at the Montreal Science Centre from April 28 through September 19 and then moves on to other international locations. His enthusiasm for Indy, and the exhibition, is infectious.

The exhibition "has an incredible array of movie props from the films. It's got a lot of the designs and paintings and artwork behind the making of these films," he said. "And, we not only have almost 100 incredible treasures from around the world, but we also have the archaeologist's drawings and techniques they use to investigate the past. You get to see what was in the minds of the filmmakers, and the archaeologists."

Aside from the "Indy" versions of the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail, there is a lot in the exhibit for hardcore fans of archaeology as well. "We have a clay tablet with a map of a Mesopotamian city, one of the world's oldest maps," Hiebert said. "We have a fragment of a pot made 6,000 years ago, with the oldest representation of wine. We have a whole series of gorgeous prescribed pots from South America, and the first video of a scholar reading a scene from a stela, in a language no one has spoken for hundreds of years."

Hiebert said he hopes that with this exhibition, "People will enter the door as Indiana Jones and they will exit very inspired about archaeology. We want to inspire as many people as possible about science."
Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #81
I.M.J.
IndyFan

Story on Newsarama for those interested.
I.M.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #82
Stoo
IndyFan

Thumbs up Advertisement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.J.
Story on Newsarama for those interested.
Thanks, IMJ. I'm interested because I'm STOKED for this.

Hopefully, there will be some kind of book to buy in the gift shop. *If* there is, I'll try and pick up as many as I can. (Rocket Surgeon already asked me for one since he won't be able to visit so he's top o' the list.)

Here's a photo posted by Stefana Jones at The Indy Lounge. His brother snapped it this past Saturday at a Metro (subway) station:

How cool is that?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #83
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

There will be some Indy goodies in the gift shop... heard that today from Lucasfilm Exhibit Manager Kyra Bowling herself - so you can buy some items there!
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #84
Sharkey

You don't say.

Lucas is selling chatchkeys at the museum.

instead of wasting time dropping names prove useful and tell us what's there.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #85
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Always a pleasure to hear from you Sharkey...

You'll have to wait until IndyCast#127 which will be on the week of May 1st to hear all the details on the show and what you can expect to see from the LFL Exhibits Manager.

In the meantime, the Penn Museum is writing about the show and the layout in their blog at :http://penn.museum/blog/indiana-jone...e-penn-museum/

and as stated above in a previous post Ms. Bowling was also interviewed here: http://www.newsarama.com/film/indian...on-110414.html

Happy now?

Last edited by RaiderMitch : 04-19-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #86
Sharkey

You can have that free of charge.

No. I'm not happy. Your post sucked. All you did is tell us**** we already knew and dropped the name of someone who "told" you NOTHING.

Bet I can tell you three things they sell in the gift shop before you can and I promise I won't call my cousin who works at Lucasfilm: George.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #87
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Well can you pick me up some of the Indy airfreshners and whip oil. I love you man. You complete me! Did you like the last show? Waiting for a review from the balcony.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #88
Mickiana
IndyFan

Stoo, if there is a book, can you find out if we can order a copy over the net? Maybe I can get one that way in case the tour doesn't come close to me here in Australia.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #89
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
Stoo, if there is a book, can you find out if we can order a copy over the net? Maybe I can get one that way in case the tour doesn't come close to me here in Australia.
Mickey, I will definitely look into that option. Trust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Mitch
There will be some Indy goodies in the gift shop... heard that today from Lucasfilm Exhibit Manager Kyra Bowling herself - so you can buy some items there!
Nice to know, Mitch, and I'll buy all the goodies I can. (Re: Kyra Bowling...What happened to Montreal's Kim Belair?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Mitch
You'll have to wait until IndyCast#127 which will be on the week of May 1st to hear all the details on the show and what you can expect to see from the LFL Exhibits Manager.
It looks like I may be seeing this on April 30 or May 01...before the next Indy Cast!

When I recently informed one of my best friends about this exhibit (and the fact that it won't be going to Toronto), he decided to come to town so we can do it together! (and he's not even a HARDCORE Indy fan).

Good time ahead...
Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #90
Stoo
IndyFan

Thumbs up More Advertisement

A few days ago, I returned home and what greeted me on the ride from the airport? Two billboards with Indy! There was also a poster at my Metro stop.

It starts in 3 days!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #91
Mickiana
IndyFan

Looking forward to hearing about it, Stoo. Very jealous too! Sorry about the rhyme, it doesn't happen every time.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #92
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Sallah himself - the great, actor John Rhys-Davies - will be in Montreal tomorrow night for the #indianajones Exhibit Premiere!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #93
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderMitch
Sallah himself - the great, actor John Rhys-Davies - will be in Montreal tomorrow night for the #indianajones Exhibit Premiere!
DAMN IT! Aaaaargh! I'm stuck in Kingston, Ontario visiting the 'in-laws' for the rest of the week!!! Will be seeing the exhibit on Saturday or Sunday.

Mitch, when & how did you find this out? I didn't see anything on the official site that mentioned John Rhys-Davis appearing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
Looking forward to hearing about it, Stoo. Very jealous too! Sorry about the rhyme, it doesn't happen every time.
Heh heh. It really must be said to you all, I'm glad it's starting in Montreal. My city is quite exquisite so hopefully people will come to visit.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #94
Stoo
IndyFan

Key 1st Peek Inside

Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me this sneak-peek:

Apparently, taking photos inside the exhibit is FORBIDDEN! How unfortunate.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #95
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

I'm not stunned by this, perhaps especially because the Lucas/Spielberg sponsored and sourced Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Smithsonian was also a no photography zone.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #96
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me this sneak-peek:

Excellent!

My VERY good friend Laure, ( ) who works at the gift shop mentioned some books, a DVD (!) and other typical items like t-shirs and hats. She'll get me a better list shortly!

She's checking into the possiblity that these items will be offered online...
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #97
Rocket Surgeon

Sadly she was mistaken about a DVD, though from what she said I wouldn't be surprised if the films would be sold.

There is NO book like the The Magic of Myth. Though our French and English were sketchy she mentioned the exhibit was too small to warrant a book.

The Ultimate Guide, Lost Journal, ect are on the shelves already.

The unique items, (so far) are posters and t-shirts with the logo:

Quote:

English versions won't be available for a week, but what Indy fan wouldn't prefer a foreign language version? She mentioned the shirts were in the twenty dollar range, (+$1.20 USD).

She also mentioned Fedoras in the same price range and various colors...colours? Her expression was "not a cowboy hat, but..."

There are buttons as well.

C'est la vie.

Stoo, please ask for her, I think she has a surprise for you, (and me).
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #98
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

That's odd. Lucasfilm says on tape during my interview they encourage fans to take as many photos as the like of the exhibit. I have the audio proof from exhibit manager herself.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #99
Attila the Professor

Quote:
That's odd. Lucasfilm says on tape during my interview they encourage fans to take as many photos as the like of the exhibit. I have the audio proof from exhibit manager herself.

Perhaps it's the museum's decision, then, as opposed to the organizers of the exhibit? (Unless Lucasfilm is just wrong, of course.)
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #100
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
I'm not stunned by this, perhaps especially because the Lucas/Spielberg sponsored and sourced Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Smithsonian was also a no photography zone.
While a no-photo policy is pretty much the norm for painting exhibits, I only half-expected it for this event.
Quote:
Very odd, indeed. (By the way, Mitch, how & when did you find out about John Rhys-Davies appearing for the premiere?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Perhaps it's the museum's decision, then, as opposed to the organizers of the exhibit? (Unless Lucasfilm is just wrong, of course.)
It's baffling because there were no photo restrictions at a Jules Verne exhibit there a few years ago. Which was excellent, I might add.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Stoo, please ask for her, I think she has a surprise for you, (and me).
Woo-hoo! I hope she works Sundays! Thanks for the scoop on the merchandise. No special books? That's disappointing and a DVD would've been great. Of the items you mentioned, the only ones I'm interested in are the buttons (and perhaps a poster). Maybe I'll pick up extras for IndyCast prizes...