"Made In Indiana Jones": Korean Indy Coverage

AlivePoet

Yesterday I tuned in to a program on the Korean TV station CGV for a Korean program translated to "Made In Indiana Jones." The show featured many clips from the films and many trivia bits (which most of us already know) were revealed as well. It was pretty funny how I could foresee what trivia bits would be revealed about the films thanks to some pretty hefty discussion and scrutiny about them here. I could imagine watching the show with some of the posters here, taking turns calling the shots and then groaning when the bits were revealed as "secret trivia" (Harrison Ford injuring himself and then still doing the shoot for the truck chase, anyone? ;) ). Still, it was pretty cool knowing how popular Indy is worldwide and that he's still getting coverage. They had some segments such as comparing opening shots from all four films, correlating lines ("bedtime story" from LC and KOTCS, Marion's line "Indiana Jones" from RotLA and KOTCS, etc.), giving a brief look at the different artifacts, etc.

Then they were so bold as to announce that Indy 5 is coming out in 2011, showing part of the MTV interview and quoting George Lucas on announcing it coming out in 2011, though I hadn't heard that quote before. Anyway, I took it with a grain of salt...that kind of thing happens in Korean media pretty often.

All in all, the show was pretty interesting and it was fun to see a compilation of clips from the films. And from the clips they showed of KotCS, it actually looked like a pretty good film. :D Then again, it had the support of the original three interwoven in the show...couldn't've hurt, huh?

Montana Smith

It's cool to hear that across the world, through vastly differing cultures, there are some common things that can bring us together. (y)

I don't suppose that KOTCS is available in North Korea, though (or any other decadent films for that matter, like Team America!).