TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #26
VP
Moderator Emeritus

I have seen that one. It's episode #609, Free Hat.

In the episode #135 of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy they had an Indyfan who was a gearhead. The episode will be aired tomorrow in Finland.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:25 PM   #27
Ben Friend of Indy
IndyFan

I just saw an episode of "Mythbusters" today. They tackled the myth of jumping out of a plane in a raft to save yourself, even going so far as to use footage from Temple of Doom. They used one of the crappy modern rafts that are round, with the skinny floors and inflated outsides (I was like "Yeah, that's really gonna cushion the fall!" ). It didn't work. Then they used an escape ladder, which, interestingly enough, actually looked more like the raft from the movie, and it did work. The myth was busted though, because they were just dropping it pre-inflated with a crash-dummy in it, and with how it was inflated, you wouldn't be able to inflate it properly to do it like in the movie.
Ben Friend of Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #28
Coronado
IndyFan

There's an episode of "Lost" where Sawyer calls Walt, the kid, Short Round.
Coronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:18 PM   #29
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I was watching my Seinfeld DVDs last night and I caught an Indy reference. George buys a fedora at a flea market and wears it on the way home. When Jerry meets him he addresses George as "Indiana."

If anyone's curious, the episode is titled "The Parking Space."
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #30
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I recently remembered another Indy reference while watching Lupin the 3rd (one of my favorite shows). There's an episode in which Lupin and his gang are trying to return a stolen jewel to an island and once there they discover a path carved into the side of a mountain. Along they way they encounter several traps and one involves the floor falling out from under Lupin's feet. His friends ask if he's alright and find him hanging onto the edge of the pit. He looks down and sees a skeleton impaled on some spikes below and replies, "Well, I'm doing better than Indiana Bones down there." It's quite funny but I'm sure that line wasn't in the original Japanese because this episode was made in 1978, so I'm guessing it was added in during the English dubbing.

The episode is called "The Curse of the Jumbo Juju" and it will actually be on television on Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network, for those that haven't seen it) at 1:30 E/12:30C Tuesday morning. I know that's pretty late for some of you but if you get a chance be sure to check it out. It's a great show and the Indy reference is certainly worth seeing.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #31
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I don't suppose anyone has heard of the UK kids show Basil Brush? My little brother watches it (that should give you a clue as to how old I am )and there is an episode called "Revenge of the Mummy". It has Basil Brush (who is a fox puppet) dressed as Indiana Jones bullwhip and all in the tomb of King Tutten-Beck. He dodges a out of control rolling stone (two actually: a dude dressed as Mick Jagger and a undersized boulder). The human co-star gets hit by darts in the butt. They are also attacked by the Salvation Army marching band. All to soundtracks of all three films. Also one of the kids on the show called David (who is obsessed with money) is dressed up as Toht.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #32
Finn

Hey, that sounds like Academy Award material.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #33
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
I recently remembered another Indy reference while watching Lupin the 3rd (one of my favorite shows). There's an episode in which Lupin and his gang are trying to return a stolen jewel to an island and once there they discover a path carved into the side of a mountain. Along they way they encounter several traps and one involves the floor falling out from under Lupin's feet. His friends ask if he's alright and find him hanging onto the edge of the pit. He looks down and sees a skeleton impaled on some spikes below and replies, "Well, I'm doing better than Indiana Bones down there." It's quite funny but I'm sure that line wasn't in the original Japanese because this episode was made in 1978, so I'm guessing it was added in during the English dubbing.

The episode is called "The Curse of the Jumbo Juju" and it will actually be on television on Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network, for those that haven't seen it) at 1:30 E/12:30C Tuesday morning. I know that's pretty late for some of you but if you get a chance be sure to check it out. It's a great show and the Indy reference is certainly worth seeing.

I am so behind the times of what is actaully on network T.V. is Cheers still on?
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #34
Indy Parise
IndyFan

Another one from a movie. In The Hebrew Hammer, Santa's son brings in a bunch of tywanese kids and one says " Okey Dokey Dr. Jones" to him.
Indy Parise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #35
Tennessee R
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webley
Magnum PI

Raiders of the lost Art

I love this picture. I have this one downloaded on the computer.

Magnum P.I. season 3 will come out on the 31st. of Jan
Tennessee R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #36
Canyon
IndyFan

Location: Originally from the UK but now living in Pennsylvania, USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
I don't suppose anyone has heard of the UK kids show Basil Brush? My little brother watches it (that should give you a clue as to how old I am )and there is an episode called "Revenge of the Mummy". It has Basil Brush (who is a fox puppet) dressed as Indiana Jones bullwhip and all in the tomb of King Tutten-Beck. He dodges a out of control rolling stone (two actually: a dude dressed as Mick Jagger and a undersized boulder). The human co-star gets hit by darts in the butt. They are also attacked by the Salvation Army marching band. All to soundtracks of all three films. Also one of the kids on the show called David (who is obsessed with money) is dressed up as Toht.

Basil Brush dressed as Indy? Now, thats a worrying thought.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #37
moondrifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon
Basil Brush dressed as Indy? Now, thats a worrying thought.

ha ha ha ha boom boom...

i apologise...i was forced to type that
moondrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #38
Canyon
IndyFan

Location: Originally from the UK but now living in Pennsylvania, USA!!!
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #39
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I know it's been a while for this thread, but I recently stumbled upon some Indy tv references. The other night, I saw a new Simpsons episode, called "The Seemingly Never-ending Story" where Snake (the crim who always says "Dude" and "awesome") before being a jailbird was in fact, an archaeologist and was dressed as Indiana Jones! He ends up in jail because Moe steals his ancient coins, which Snake was going to give to the museum in the morning.

Another one was on a videotape from a few years ago. You guys would know the Aussie comedian Paul Hogan, right (the guy who is Croc Dundee)? Well, back in the late seventies and early eighties, he had his own tv sketch show and did a sketch called "Wreches of the Lost Park." Paul Hogan was called Gutamuga Hoges (Hoges was his nickname) and had to endure vampire koalas and a kid show icon of Australian tv, Humphery B. Bear.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #40
roundshort
IndyFan

Hey, I just was watching the South Park Season 8 dvd set, (god I miss having cable sometimes), and on the Jefferson epi. Micheal Jackson's son's room has the ark from raiders in it. very strange, but cool.
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #41
Moedred
Administrator

April 18th, 1992 SNL where Jerry Seinfeld uses Raiders to teach history.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFjyh0R3rw
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/91/91rmakeyouthink.phtml
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #42
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

On the new Family guy episode

Stewie ripped out Megs heart Mola Ram style while chanting Kali Ma!

and Meg was like O lum Shivari or whatever it was the sacrafice victim said
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #43
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Jack: What about it, boys? Want be treasure hunters?
Shawn: Are you kidding me? That's like asking me if I want my own jet pack, or if I ever wanted to be a koala bear.
Gus: Okay, I think he means yes, you can count him in. And me too.

The entire episode is a riff on Indy. Especially with the map-n'-red line as they travel around Santa Barbara.

The Greatest Adventure in the History of Basic Cable

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #44
indyclone25
IndyFan

i was watching the season 4 opener of the venture bros and they had the next door neighbor magican dressed like belloq in the ceremonial robes and casting a spell that destroyed nazis and the nazi that was holding doc. venture hostage said "it's beautiful" and his face melted and he fell on venture and he said "get off me you getting face all over me!" i hope this link works
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?epis...246d2e25210004

Last edited by indyclone25 : 10-23-2009 at 04:01 PM.
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #45
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
The entire episode is a riff on Indy. Especially with the map-n'-red line as they travel around Santa Barbara.
I love that episode! I personally consider that more of a pirate episode than a archaeology episode,even if they did have a map-n'-red line or mention getting matching fedoras(they had more Indy references in the deleted scenes on the DVD).
I wish they would do an archaeology episode with Sean Patrick Flanery as the archaeologist.That would be cool!
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #46
lao che & sons
IndyFan

On the latest family guy chris anf peter hate each other... so at dinner chris did the Raiders "love you" trick but with "hate you" it was rather funny
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #47
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao che & sons
On the latest family guy chris anf peter hate each other... so at dinner chris did the Raiders "love you" trick but with "hate you" it was rather funny

Yeah, I seen that yesterday! Pretty good reference. I bet not many people picked that up.

The second I seen that I sent out my brainwaves to Raven members hoping someone would post it. And *shabow* it happened. I'm more psychic that Spalko.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:27 AM   #48
AnnieJones
IndyFan

I remember 4 more references.

In an episode of Tiny Toon Adventures called Cinemaniacs (1990) (IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979167/ ),Buster Bunny had played a character named Pasadena Jones seen here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/t...maniacsa11.jpg

In an episode of Full House called The House Meets the Mouse (1993),they go to the Indiana Jones attraction.Seen on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuR6TxL_14Y

In an episode of Even Stevens called Raiders of the Lost Sausage (2002) (IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0573928/ ),Louis discovers a tunnel in the basement and goes on a journey to find hidden treasure which is a lost golden sausage that Louis and his dad end up looking for.
The title is obviously a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark and there was a line in it that was also referring to Raiders.Referring to balancing the sausage with something else in its place Louis says something like this to his dad,"Wait I saw this in a movie once.We need something to counter balance the wait."

In an episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody called I Want My Mummy (2007) (IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020740/ ),there was an archaeologist named Dakota Smith.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 11-14-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #49
AnnieJones
IndyFan

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody I Want My Mummy (2007)
Episode Summary: An adventurer presents an exhibit at the hotel featuring a mummy that is allegedly cursed, but before the exhibition opens, the boys knock the mummy out of a window and work fast to replace it. Esteban is against the whole exhibit, he says it is cursed; Maddie also believes "This wrong must be righted."

The archaeologist,Dakota Smith,just got back from South America and puts the artifacts he found on display at the hotel.In my opinion the artifacts look more Ancient Egyptian than South American,even though they are supposed to be from South America.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #50
AnnieJones
IndyFan

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody I Want My Mummy (2007) - With Dakota Smith

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFXdm...eature=related

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k9ET...eature=related

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPfYP...eature=related