TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #101
Rocket Surgeon

1984 between Raiders and Cusade...

Watching the Remington Steele episode: Puzzled Steele, and while on Malta they question Vic Tablian a guide who provides them with a map( ) which leads them to Kevork Malikyan who is the leader of a group that chases Steele and Holt through caves forcing them under water to escape...

Remington Steele also drove a Auburn Boattail Speeder.

Wow.

You can watch it here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/62125/remi...puzzled-steele

But it IS 80's TV...

Last edited by Rocket Surgeon : 12-14-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #102
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
So I take it no one else watches Community? In last week's episode, "Remedial Chaos Theory," Abed has constructed a scale model of the rolling boulder scene from Raiders. It's really a case of the internet/DVD culture of viewing offering some fringe benefits for those who want to examine the production design. There's a catch later in the episode that may be intended as a "Bad dates" style move, even an instance of "Water...water...water!"

You can check it out here, if you're stateside. Indy makes his first appearance less than a minute in. (It's character comedy, so I'm not sure how much you'd get out of the entire episode without having followed the series - it's funny stuff, but it's of a certain sort - but it's a fine piece of television.)

Here's an image of the model, to follow-up.

Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #103
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

I'm In The Band: Raiders of the Lost Dad

I'm In The Band: Raiders of the Lost Dad: The main character's Dad returns and he dresses like Indy and is a globe-trotting archeologist... even has a giant rolling boulder..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3WmqeVYIj8
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #104
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

i saw an episode of American Dad where he digs deep under his house and finds this treasure from this old general dude, i dont remember the whole story. but he dressed as Indy when he was filming his discovery
Indy Scout 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #105
AnnieJones
IndyFan

I normally watch the Disney Parade every year and can you believe it? The one year that I decide not to watch the parade, "Indiana Jones" is in it. I am so annoyed that I didn't watch the parade. My sister saw that part of the parade that had him in it and later told me about it. I've watched the X-mas Day Parades for many years and I never remember seeing Indiana Jones in the parade before, but this year the Disney Parade had two men dressed as Indiana Jones. I'm thinking it's because he is becoming more and more popular lately. More popular than he already is of course. It could be because of all the t.v. airings of the movies, people watching them, and therefore the ratings going up, and that could be why Disney wanted to have Indiana Jones in the parade. Whatever the reason, I think that's so cool that they finally had him in a parade.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #106
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieJones
I normally watch the Disney Parade every year and can you believe it? The one year that I decide not to watch the parade, "Indiana Jones" is in it. I am so annoyed that I didn't watch the parade. My sister saw that part of the parade that had him in it and later told me about it. I've watched the X-mas Day Parades for many years and I never remember seeing Indiana Jones in the parade before, but this year the Disney Parade had two men dressed as Indiana Jones. I'm thinking it's because he is becoming more and more popular lately. More popular than he already is of course. It could be because of all the t.v. airings of the movies, people watching them, and therefore the ratings going up, and that could be why Disney wanted to have Indiana Jones in the parade. Whatever the reason, I think that's so cool that they finally had him in a parade.

Hah. I had the parade on, but didn't notice that.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #107
AnnieJones
IndyFan

My sister also told me that the two men dressed as Indiana Jones were holding a treasure chest. They put it down, then opened it up and the air buddies were inside. Mario Lopez called them over and they ran over to him. My sister also told me there was a float behind the two Indiana Jones men, but she said she couldn't see what the float was supposed to be of because they showed it too quickly.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #108
Attila the Professor

Quote:
My sister also told me that the two men dressed as Indiana Jones were holding a treasure chest. They put it down, then opened it up and the air buddies were inside. Mario Lopez called them over and they ran over to him. My sister also told me there was a float behind the two Indiana Jones men, but she said she couldn't see what the float was supposed to be of because they showed it too quickly.

Ah, the dogs. Here we are, then. No mention of Indy, it seems.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #109
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Thanks for posting this. It's there at 18:31. There is more of the parade here than she described to me. So that means she only caught that last part of it. Apparently there are three men dressed as Indiana Jones and you can see the float clearly enough to know what it is. That is so cool.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 01-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #110
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting this. It's there at 18:31. There is more of the parade here than she described to me. So that means she only caught that last part of it. Apparently there are three men dressed as Indiana Jones and you can see the float clearly enough to know what it is. That is so cool.

No comment - words fail me.

Kill me now!
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #111
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
No comment - words fail me.

Kill me now!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #112
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
Kill me now!

Do we really have to? But, you're such an asset to this joint it would be a shame... Maybe you could just lie low in the digittal archive until it all blows over.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #113
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Not really a "television reference", but Indy has an early appearance in a new Nike commercial.

Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #114
HJTHX1138
IndyFan

This one might be kinda obvious.

Back in the early ninties, Alvin and the Chipmunks had this weird reboot of sorts. Aside from regular episodes they had "Chipmunks at the Movies" where the episode was a parody of a current movie.

One of the episodes was called "Daytona Jones and The Pearl of Wisdom". It was a parody of "Temple of Doom". Alvin was Indy, Theodore was Short Round, Simon was Brody etc.

(I was hoping this would be on youtube, apparently not )

Anyway, it's on DVD along with the episodes featuring Bat-Munk and Robo-Munk. I remember all these fondly, for some reason.

HJTHX1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #115
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Do we really have to? But, you're such an asset to this joint it would be a shame... Maybe you could just lie low in the digittal archive until it all blows over.

Asset, me? Bless you Montana.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #116
HJTHX1138
IndyFan

Wait, I have one more . . .

Speaking of Disney Parks and everything, did anyone ever see the T.V. special "Making of The Foridden Eye" for the opening of the ride with John Rhys-Davies and Karen Allen?

(I guess this doesn't count as a reference then . . . whatever.)
HJTHX1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #117
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
Not really a "television reference", but Indy has an early appearance in a new Nike commercial.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #118
Junior Jones
IndyFan

A recent episode of Phineas and Ferb featured Ohio Flynn and Rhode Island Fletcher on an adventure in Central America. It's title is "Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon."

Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #119
Montana Smith
IndyFan

I know nothing about Hannah Montana. Honestly!

But while looking up pictures from the cartoon Montana Jones, if found this.

Quote:
In the upcoming episode “What I Don’t Like About You,” Miley returns home after finishing work on her new movie and discovers that Lilly (Osment) and Oliver (Musso) are dating and soon, they put her in the middle of an argument and ask her to choose sides. Meanwhile, Jackson (Jason Earles) pretends to be a philanthropist to impress Catherine (Cheryl Hines), a college recruiter.

http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2009/...#ixzz1kvRZskC2

Old 01-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #120
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I was watching an episode of Good Eats the other night and Alton Brown was dressed as Indy while 'exploring Egypt' and explaining the history of pickling.

Last edited by The Drifter : 01-30-2012 at 12:42 PM.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #121
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
A recent episode of Phineas and Ferb featured Ohio Flynn and Rhode Island Fletcher on an adventure in Central America. It's title is "Phineas and Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon."

Wow, someone saved me from needing to post a personal 3rd Phineas and Ferb reference in a row. Thanks for beating me to the punch!
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #122
Attila the Professor

Coming up.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #123
Rocket Surgeon

Not the NEXT Indy Trivia...but the one after that!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #124
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

But that trailer for Aliens: Colonial Marines looks more promising.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #125
Exulted Unicron
IndyFan

A friend of mine showed me the latest episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. In which, one of the ponies is in hospital and find a book called Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone. The segments based on the book are a pastiche of Raiders with a hint of James Bond. Even some of the music of Daring Do approaching the Sapphire Stone is a nod to the Raiders Soundtrack
Exulted Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote