what is your favorite Indiana Jones Shot

Chicago Jones

what is your favorite shot in Indiana Jones trilogy?

Yes "All" shots are amazing

but what stand out to you?

My favorite shot is in Temple Of Doom when Indy goes to rescue the slave children. He is standing with this "I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead" look on his face. When I was a youngling I remember whooping and yelling in excitement.

That shot depicted Indy as Hero so yeah thats my fav shot.

TheMutt92

Chicago Jones said:
what is your favorite shot in Indiana Jones trilogy?

Yes "All" shots are amazing

but what stand out to you?

My favorite shot is in Temple Of Doom when Indy goes to rescue the slave children. He is standing with this "I'm gonna kill you all kinds of " look on his face. When I was a youngling I remember whooping and yelling in excitement.

That is definitly VERY high on my list. I also like the shot in KOTCS where Indy puts on his hat in silhouete form.

Morning Bell

TheMutt92 said:
That is definitly VERY high on my list. I also like the shot in KOTCS where Indy puts on his hat in silhouete form.

That's one of my favorites as well; a great re-introduction to the character.

I really love the shot in LC where Indy and his dad are on the beach. His dad walks away after scaring the birds and the camera slowly zooms in on Indy as the Raiders March slowly plays. It's such a great scene and the look on Indy's face is so telling.

Kevin

Chicago Jones said:
My favorite shot is in Temple Of Doom when Indy goes to rescue the slave children. He is standing with this "I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead" look on his face. When I was a youngling I remember whooping and yelling in excitement.

^^^This shot is the best, no question about it.

A close second would be the reveal in ROTLA, when Indy emerges from the shadows after whipping the gun from Barranca's hand.

My third favorite would have to be from LC, when we transition from young Indy to current Indy,when he looks up, gives that "take your best shot" look, and gets socked in the face.

The Man

There are three - and no less - I could select...

381.jpg

369.jpg

320.jpg

michael

I'd say from an artistic standpoint, those are definitely my favorite shots.

But I always get giddy when I see this:

327.jpg

Dyonus

I only like it for its comedic purpose, but in Temple of Doom where Indy and Willie are talking through the hole in the wall and he goes "WE ARE GOING TO DIE" and then he makes that over exaggerated frowny face. :(

I die laughing every time I see that.

graz

Not a huge fan of the film but Indy on the bridge with the machete is a very good call. (in TOD!)

Saber79

1) Temple of Doom..."The Stare"
2) Raiders - Silhouette digging for Well of the Souls
3) Temple of Doom - Bridge with the Machete
4) Crusade - Indy looking up on the ship (after young indy sequence)
5) Raiders - Sallah and Indy lift the ark out of the chest.
6) KOTCS- Silhouette on Jeep with hat
7) Crusade - Penitent Man Shall Pass...walking in the temple reading the diary..
8) Indy vs. Cairo Swordsman..the look of annoyance just before he pulls the gun
9) Crusade - End riding into the sunset
10) KOTCS - After the cemetary fight..."Part Time" - vintage Indy.

I'd say that was my immediate top 10.

woohoo...that's 100 points...time to get my ass an avatar. :whip:

Morning Bell

Dyonus said:
I only like it for its comedic purpose, but in Temple of Doom where Indy and Willie are talking through the hole in the wall and he goes "WE ARE GOING TO DIE" and then he makes that over exaggerated frowny face. :(

I die laughing every time I see that.

Me too. That's always been a favorite of mine as well.(y)

Saber79

Yeah one of my favorites. When I first saw that in the trailer I was like "NICE!"

Then my wife called me a dork and I sat back down....oh well.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I also love the shot Pale Horse posted. It works on so many levels. I just remember marveling at the lighting and what it does to/with Indy's eye a lot when I first watched the film on DVD.

The Man said:

Ropebridge-Indy is a force of God.

063.jpg

+ the wide angle version.

400.jpg