The Random Picture Thread LXIX

Gear

Dude, I've seen that before!

TEST RESULT POSITIVE FOR AWESOME!!

The 7 Nation Army has invaded U.S. wave space.

7nationarmysingle.jpg

ProfessorChaos

~~~ Strange but Beautiful Images ~~~

You have to love an image of Hell where the people aren't suffering! Instead, they seem to be enjoying a rapturous experience, and the Devil is depicted as a being of light and beauty. The Church hates those kind of depictions. I, however, find them strangely beautiful. Of course I was always just a bit of a heretic, in my own way. I used to use this one, for my desktop background:

lucifer22.jpg

Speaking of strange but beautiful images, here is something the from the Lord of the Rings movies that never made it into the finished product. It is Sauron in his pre-fallen form as the angelic Annatar, and offers a glimpse of a side of the Dark Lord's nature that perhaps only his closest allies got to see. And so, here is Sauron looking as you probably never saw him before. Light, but dark:

imagenes_esdla_eliminadas_4.jpg

And here is the lovely Tilda Swinton as Gabriel, in Constantine. There is just something about her that I find *sexy*. Even in Narnia, as the White Witch, I thought she was just amazing! Perhaps it's because not every woman could play a complete androgyne like Gabriel yet still look really good while doing so.
That says something about someone's beauty, and about their acting ability!

06devr.650.jpg

Plus, something about her performance as Gabriel reminded me of a bit more sassy version of Galadriel from Lord of the Rings. Since I loved Cate Blanchett in that role (she is always good in roles like that), it was only natural that I'd also like Tilda Swinton. Here is my favorite picture of Galadriel, and you know there is more than a passing similarity between her and Gabriel. Here's Cate:

cate_blanchett_lady_galadriel.jpg

Now Here's Tilda Swinton's White Witch compared to Galadriel. They could be identical sisters, honest to goodness! Even these scenes are almost way too similar to be believed. I never noticed this until right now, but it's amazing! :D

1606__tildacate_l.jpg

And, we're ending this initial installment of Strange but Beautiful, with this very fitting image. Honestly, I think we've saved the best for the last here...

VFPPPP-30261VampireGirl.jpg

ProfessorChaos

SiX TwIsTeD FaIrY TaLeS!!!! (Not for the faint of heart...)
They say that, in their original forms, fairy tales were never intended for children. They contained frightening, even horrific elements that were the stuff of nightmares. In the spirit of those grim fairy tales, we have six dark and surreal pics gathered from the most obscure corners of the online world.

1. Alice in Wonderland

mercyalice.jpg

2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

meim10.jpg

3. Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping%20Beauty.jpg

4. Little Red Riding Hood

l_d7eedc7d8141c7004da283081d3c4026.jpg

5. Rapunzel

548778023_9a9cab380f.jpg

6. The Wizard of Oz

4hb7i43.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
ProfessorChaos said:
SiX TwIsTeD FaIrY TaLeS!!!! (Not for the faint of heart...)
They say that, in their original forms, fairy tales were never intended for children. They contained frightening, even horrific elements that were the stuff of nightmares. In the spirit of those grim fairy tales, we have six dark and surreal pics gathered from the most obscure corners of the online world.

1. Alice in Wonderland

mercyalice.jpg

It is true. They are morality tales designed to teach childern the cause and effects of bad behaviour. (Step sisters cutting of their feet to wear the glass slippers and what not) They're what NOT to aspire to be. Disney changed all that.

Awesome pics, btw

Insomniac

gear guardian said:
SyDSYD

javascript:%20window.close()/IMG][/QUOTE] SYD BARRETT The insane Pink Floyd bassist wow he looks a lot like...
Billie Joe Armstrong lead guitarist and lead vocals for Green Day...

[IMG]http://www.greendayauthority.com/Picture_Vault/displayimage.php?album=67&pos=23
BILLIE JOE
And Syd also looks a lot like... Paul Mcartny

1980856863_bb73fd2871.jpg

PAUL

syd_barrett.jpg
SYD

Billie_Joe_Armstrong_by_Ekuseru.png
BILLIE

The most beautiful woman in the universe...
karenallen7.jpg
:eek: :sleep:

Last edited: