Rare objects of antiquity

Luckylighter

Sorry this thread got messed up...I don't know if it's the board having technical problems or my computer having connection problems.

Anyway, the point of the thread was to ask what you guys have in your DVD collections that are rare and obscure movies.

What do you have that you think the other members might not have?

I have a copy of an obscure Polish fantasy movie called "The Saragossa Manuscript," and a Russian Sci-Fi film by director Andrei Tarkovsky called "Stalker" .

EDIT: To which ever Mod reads this first, can you delete the Doppleganger thread to this one that got posted due to the PC problems I had?

Last edited:

Nate Christen

This one's not terribly rare, but it's not really well known and I thought I'd recommend it as possibly being of interest to Indy fans. It's called Revelation, and it deals with the Knights Templar and thepossible descendants of Jesus Christ, with an interesting twist. The DVD has some interesting features, as well.

-Nate

Raffey

I've got a super duper extended version of Dune. The weird sci fi movie that came out back in 1984. A lot of people panned it when it was first released but I enjoyed it.

It's got a cult following now...

This version is the longest cut of the movie. The theatrical release was originally 137 minutes; broadcast versions were said to be at 145 minutes. My version I have on DVD adds another 45 minutes (I think) on top of that.

Finn

Staff member
Luckylighter said:
EDIT: To which ever Mod reads this first, can you delete the Doppleganger thread to this one that got posted due to the PC problems I had?
Tad slow doin' it, but done.

Pale Horse

Staff member
rare

\Rare\, a. [Compar. Rarer; superl. Rarest.] [F., fr. L. rarus thin, rare.] 1. Not frequent; seldom met with or occurring; unusual; as, a rare event.

2. Of an uncommon nature; unusually excellent; valuable to a degree seldom found.

BASEketball is an insult the the types of artifacts we are tying to find.

Indydan13

What?

That was an awesome movie!

"Of course we graduated...co*k..beer?"

"Just gotta water the plants"