Continue with the series?

How much 'till we're done?

• NOOOO! After KOTCS, I AM done!

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Indy 5, But no more after that.

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • 2nd Trilogy Baby! Bring it ON!

Votes: 61 50.4%
  • Huh? Where are my pants? What year is this?

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

foreignerfred

Violet said:
SHE has a name! :rolleyes: Now that my ipod and the tecnical pathway has been tested, it's now all up to Saturday to work out. I will be reporting one way or another.

What is it you would like me to ask Karen in particular, foreignerfred? Or is it generically "is there going to be an Indy V and what do you know"?

Thanks for going there and reporting for us, Violet!

Yeah, in my previous post, I just meant the stuff we're constantly mulling over around here..."Will there be an Indy 5, when?...whatever she knows, etc."

But I personally would love to know if she thinks they're intentionally acting like nothing much is happening while they are progressing along nicely.

Again, thank you so much, ma'am.

-Ff

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
foreignerfred said:
Thanks for going there and reporting for us, Violet!

Yeah, in my previous post, I just meant the stuff we're constantly mulling over around here..."Will there be an Indy 5, when?...whatever she knows, etc."

But I personally would love to know if she thinks they're intentionally acting like nothing much is happening while they are progressing along nicely.

Again, thank you so much, ma'am.

-Ff

I'm sure if not me asking, someone will during the Q&A. I intend on recording the Q&A so it will be like a delayed radio cast of the event or if anything goes wrong, I'm able to write a transcript based on it. I do intend to obviously ask my own questions during her signing session and at Q&A, I just don't know how many I'll be able to ask, as that really depends on how big the crowds are at Armageddon. This is the first time, I've gone to this particular con, so I don't know how popular it is. I suspect from the rather large and good guest list, they obviously get enough people.

Stoo

Violet said:
SHE has a name! :rolleyes:
You know that I know, Violet.;) I just didn't want to steal your thunder and set it up so that you reply for yourself.:D Glad to hear that Marion Fan Extraordinaire is finally going to get a chance to meet Karen Allen.

Indy's brother

Well this has been revealing. As of today, of Raveners that have voted, 87% want at least a 5th. Either the hatred of KOTCS and the thought that Ford is too old is either greatly exaggerated, or fans that see KOTCS as the death of the franchise simply don't like to vote.

Dr.Jonesy

Indy's brother said:
Well this has been revealing. As of today, of Raveners that have voted, 87% want at least a 5th. Either the hatred of KOTCS and the thought that Ford is too old is either greatly exaggerated, or fans that see KOTCS as the death of the franchise simply don't like to vote.

I think you got the part right about the hatred of KOTCS being exaggerated.

Sadly...now, I think it's too late for a 5th.
:(

fenris

Indy-Anna said:
Particularly if Mutt takes a more prominent role in Indy 5.

Well... we could always hope and pray that he'll be kidnapped and that would be the reason for Indy to go on another adventure.

...then Indy will eventually fail to save Mutt! Wahoooooooo!!! (y)

kongisking

You'd think that, if anything, just being the son of freakin' Indiana Jones would guarantee fans liking him. :(

TheMutt92

I'd like more, at least one more I suppose, as long the characters, plot, and action sequences are up to par or (hopefully) better than what we've seen. But like I've said before, the ending of Indy IV definitely puts the Indy character in a corner. Sure, a lot of action heroes have had wives and kids, but Marion and Mutt have already been part of the action, so they're baggage as far as I'm concerned. Which means we're either going to get fewer new characters :)down: ) or too many characters :)down: ). Either way, they need to balance it carefully.

I totally love Harry as Indiana Jones. I do believe he gave so much to the character, but honestly, and though he shows in the Cowboys & Aliens trailer that he's still alive, I wouldn't mind to see another actor to play Indy.
I don't understand why people here want to see Harry and nobody else, or want to see an actor that looks like Harry. Actually, I think I'd love to see a good re-boot, with a character that does not necessary look like Ford. To keep Ford just keep us in childness, so in the past. Let's come back to the present AND the future and give to our favorite hero a new youth!
Peace;)

Hanselation

davidgribouille said:
I totally love Harry as Indiana Jones. I do believe he gave so much to the character, but honestly, and though he shows in the Cowboys & Aliens trailer that he's still alive, I wouldn't mind to see another actor to play Indy.
I don't understand why people here want to see Harry and nobody else, or want to see an actor that looks like Harry. Actually, I think I'd love to see a good re-boot, with a character that does not necessary look like Ford. To keep Ford just keep us in childness, so in the past. Let's come back to the present AND the future and give to our favorite hero a new youth!
Peace;)

If another actor should play Indy, I would prefer that there will be told a story with a flashback. Like LC with Harrison and River Phoenix, an older (Harrison) and an younger ( age around 30) Indy in one movie. So the torch of adventure has to be given in this official way to another actor. And after that the new Indy-actor could be accepted also by us older Indy fans and may have the chance to do more Indy movies ...

foreignerfred

Hanselation said:
If another actor should play Indy, I would prefer that there will be told a story with a flashback. Like LC with Harrison and River Phoenix, an older (Harrison) and an younger ( age around 30) Indy in one movie. So the torch of adventure has to be given in this official way to another actor. And after that the new Indy-actor could be accepted also by us older Indy fans and may have the chance to do more Indy movies ...

I've often thought that's how it should be done as well.

I mean, River gets a lot of props for his portrayal (rightfully so!) in LC, and if he had gone on to play Indy in official Young Indy films, I don't think the audience or fans would skip a beat.

We are in a rebootastic age. I think the idea that the general audience could never accept another actor as Indy (or that we as UBER Indy fans wouldn't go!) is ridiculous.

I think a flashback of a younger Indy in a film starring Harrison would be the perfect way to "officially pass the torch."

Darth Vile

If Lucas/Spielberg were to remain involved in some way; an idea may be to re-boot a TV series with a younger lead and then, after a season or two, expand into a full blown Indy movie with new lead in situ. That may make a new actor more palatable in the short/medium term.

Mickiana

I can't contemplate a remake. I think that would be totally unnecessary. As for a good younger Indy for a reboot, I don't know. Just as long as they don't overdo the character. Indy was played well by Harrison in that Harry balanced a kind of 'blandness' or 'coolness' against the exciting adventures he was thrust into. I would hope for that to be continued by another actor.

Raiders90

Mickiana said:
I can't contemplate a remake. I think that would be totally unnecessary. As for a good younger Indy for a reboot, I don't know. Just as long as they don't overdo the character. Indy was played well by Harrison in that Harry balanced a kind of 'blandness' or 'coolness' against the exciting adventures he was thrust into. I would hope for that to be continued by another actor.

I'd love to see some of the novels (set in the 1920s) be adapted into movies...So if they did do a remake, that'd be a good basis. Or Fate of Atlantis....

But personally I don't want to see an Indy remake for years down the line. I want an Indy 5, and maybe an Indy 6, with Harry, first.

Mickiana

Definitely an Indy 5 and 6 with Harry. Then retire Harry and reboot like you say in the 20s and 30s and may Indy continue!

Raiders90

Mickiana said:
Definitely an Indy 5 and 6 with Harry. Then retire Harry and reboot like you say in the 20s and 30s and may Indy continue!

Amen. I hope they shoot 5 and 6 back to back. I want 2 trilogies, 30s and 50s/60s. I want Indy to go out like John Wayne--a cantankerous badass to the end. I do NOT think Indy should die on film. I hated when Mask of Zorro did that to Diego de la Vega, and I think I would truly hate Lucas & Spielberg if they had Indy die on film.

Darth Vile

Mickiana said:

I agree. Something that was alluded to in the movies (more so in Raiders), but not fully explored, is the two sides of Indiana Jones... The academic, bumbling professor and the action adventurer/sophisticate. I always saw Indiana Jones more like Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent... in that there were 2 distinct personas... but by TOD Indiana Jones is pretty much Indiana Jones wether he's in the hat and jacket or not.