The Rumor Mill

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
This just in...

Many of you know that AICN reported a few weeks ago that a YIJC film is possibly in the works. However, from what I am hearing that may not be far from the truth, but instead of a film George is looking at doing a miniseries. Think Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, more adventure less educational experience...but with a young Indiana Jones or perhaps (depending on the storyline of Indy IV) his son or daughter.

George is considering doing the miniseries idea instead of another movie (after IV), but he is still remaining open to the idea of Indiana Jones V (depending on the success of IV) based off of the young Indy/son/daughter idea that is being knocked around the Ranch right now.

Thoughts?

Stoo

The daughter idea makes me shudder. If the franchise went that way it could
become nothing more than the Lara Croft/Relic Hunter wank that it inspired.
Any stories concerning Indy's offspring would take the settings into more
contemporary times which, in my opinion, would conflict with the tone of
the originals. :(

A younger Indy would be the way to go. The TV series had such potential
and it needs to be rejuvinated.

Paden

I'd have to agree. For some reason I've never cared for the idea of Indiana's offspring becoming the focus of things. Indiana's life has more than enough unanswered questions to support any number of new adventures. I think using a younger Indy, and producing a story that was true to the adventurous plots of the films, would be the best route to take.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
There aren't any details, only rumors...which I clearly identified as such.

And, no, I'm not trying to hit 3000, just trying to give these forums some CPR.

San Holo

Lucas has been talking about doing more television for awhile. The Star Wars t.v shows are in the works so an Indy adventure for the small screen is inevitable. I think a mini-series with Flannery would be pretty sweet.

Junior Jones

I can't find it now, but I read an article over at Indyfan.com years ago about episodes that were planned for the third season of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. There were a lot of interesting things that I was sorry were never made, including the introduction of young Rene Belloq as a rival archaeology student. That's the kind of story that would make a good mini-series.

I would support and purchase DVDs of any new Young Indy projects that did not see him as a little kid; other than those I would love it. It would be very interesting to see a young Rene Belloq as a rival... very interesting indeed.

If you ever come across that article on the third season of Young Indy again, please let us know!