Chud on Hurt and Shia

torao

Moderator Emeritus
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=10883

I guess there was a time when I decided not to read all of this. But anyway:

The "Hurt is Abner" part makes me happy. The other part about Shia and two more ****ing films .....:sick: I don't know....

All the time everyone talked about how they didn't want to see Indy passing the torch. But if Shia is in fact signed to two more "Indy" (why calling them Indy flicks anyway?) films isn't that exactly what is about to happen?

Also....why would Spielberg do two more of these film? I mean, the lifespan that remains for him is getting shorter and shorter.

I've not yet decided if I like the "Mutt" name or not.

What do you think about all of that?

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Whoopee. At the moment, I'm taking this thing with a heavy grain of salt.

I bet somebody's asked the question concerning these roles and gotten the usual "no comment" answer which the recepient has taken as "yes".

"Mutt" sounds like a set nickname for a character. You know, something the crew has conjured up for their amusement.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Mmmhhh...the set nickname explanation sounds plausible and like a funny crew...;)

But then again...this appears to come from the same source that gave away all the "greaser" and "son of indy" information, that turned out to be true, as far as we know now.

Finn

Staff member
torao said:
But then again...this appears to come from the same source that gave away all the "greaser" and "son of indy" information, that turned out to be true, as far as we know now.
Actually neither are fully confirmed true, though I'm starting to lean on them being. But still the fact that Shia's character seemingly rides a motorcycle on a scene doesn't make him a "greaser" as if.

Somebody is throwing together some lucky "close enough" guesses from random droplets of info is my take. You know, not spot-on, but not shooting too wide either to be laughed at afterwards.

oki9Sedo

torao said:
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=10883

I guess there was a time when I decided not to read all of this. But anyway:

The "Hurt is Abner" part makes me happy. The other part about Shia and two more ****ing films .....:sick: I don't know....

All the time everyone talked about how they didn't want to see Indy passing the torch. But if Shia is in fact signed to two more "Indy" (why calling them Indy flicks anyway?) films isn't that exactly what is about to happen?

Also....why would Spielberg do two more of these film? I mean, the lifespan that remains for him is getting shorter and shorter.

I've not yet decided if I like the "Mutt" name or not.

What do you think about all of that?

Signed on for two more films? Not likely.

Papa Jones

Harry Ford is still in shape to go for two more Indy movies.
Let him finish the second trilogy, then we'll see

Echo22

If Hurt is truly Abner, then it is possible that the Ark may come into play. Like the grail to Henry Sr., it was his obsession. That might explain the Area 51 rumors. Maybe Indy is trying to escape the Feds.

Ahhh rumors. Very interesting. I can see the "Mutt" rumor being sound. One of the New Haven reports stated that the driver of the motorcycle's leather jacket had "Mitt" written on it. Whoever reported it could have misread it.
:confused:

Who knows?

MsIndy07

I dont' know how much of this article I actually can believe. It sounds to me like the writer is a bit too sarcastic, and almost rude, about his article for it to actually be true. We shall have to see!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
MsIndy07 said:
I dont' know how much of this article I actually can believe. It sounds to me like the writer is a bit too sarcastic, and almost rude, about his article for it to actually be true. We shall have to see!

That's just Faraci.

Finn, you're right. It's important to always remember that grain of salt.

I think that I just easily believe it because I really appreciate chud.

MsIndy07

torao said:
That's just Faraci.

Finn, you're right. It's important to always remember that grain of salt.

I think that I just easily believe it because I really appreciate chud.

I have read the articles there before, and your right, most of them have some credence. I guess i just don't get how someone who knows so much information, could be so condecencing about the film. I woudl expect some enthusiasm from someone who had an aparent inside as to what is going on. But if it is just his personality, I suppose I will have to deal with it and just be happy I am getting info!

IndyCon

Indy V & VI

I liked everything in that article apart from MUTT that's just silly Jar Jar silly so I hope that's rubbish and Sankara I think saying nobody wants two more Indy movies is a bit strong because if Indy IV is good than I?d be up for it so your wrong on that. :whip::gun:

indyt

It is very possible the ark could come back in play. So if he is Abner, I guess Marion thought he had been killed but somehow survived. Dont jump on me guys, but is it possible Abner may have returned and is on the bad guys side? Just a thought, no more.

Papa Jones

Sankara said:
Nobody wants two more Indy-Movies. I don't believe this rubbisch...

Well, deal with it, if Indy 4 is a big commercial success, you can be sure that there will be some more movies. And since this will surely relaunch Harrison Ford's carreer...

effin

2 more shia movies if it goes over well, if not, than no flicks. It's just an option like when a recording artist signs a 3 album deal. they just want to lock him down if indy4 is a humungus success.

Yvonne

indyt said:
Dont jump on me guys, but is it possible Abner may have returned and is on the bad guys side? Just a thought, no more.

That's an intriguing idea. It could bring about some serious moments for the main characters too and a possible redemption at the end for Abner. The more I think about it, the more I really like that idea.

oki9Sedo

Papa Jones said:
Well, deal with it, if Indy 4 is a big commercial success, you can be sure that there will be some more movies. And since this will surely relaunch Harrison Ford's carreer...

But the script for Indy 4 was in gestation for so long, it could take years before they find a good enough script for Indy 5 alone.

And yes, this coupled with the potentially Oscar-worthy Crossing Over should definitely relaunch his career.

indyt

Yvonne said:
That's an intriguing idea. It could bring about some serious moments for the main characters too and a possible redemption at the end for Abner. The more I think about it, the more I really like that idea.

I agree Yvonne. It would put great emotional stain on Indy, Marion and her dad...and their son:p