Will Indy Loose his eye in Indy 4?

Kingsley

He could lose his left eye instead, that would be funny.
Or both eyes! Double drama.
In the nineties there will probably be a technology to fix such a loss. Come on, we are talking almost about the 21st century! Cars will fly and people will live in the moon. That's what our experts predict.

Rivers

No Ticket said:
No no no... Indy HAS to lose an eye in Indy IV. There's no way around it. If Indiana Jones at 90-something has an eye patch in the YIJC, then Spielberg has to show how that happened. It makes perfect sense. It has to happen in this movie or how will we ever know?! It's not like it could have happened anytime after the events in Indy IV. And how stupid would it be if it was due to some medical reason or because of a dumb accident at home.

You sound ridiculous..."Indy HAS to lose an eye"..."There is no way around it"..."It has to happen in this movie or how will we ever know?! It's not like it could have happened anytime after the events in Indy IV"

Uhhhh okay. Why does he have to lose an eye in Indy 4? Exactly Why is there no way around it??? Speilberg doesnt have to explain anything. Why couldnt it have happended anytime after Indy 4? Do you think Indy stops coming out of his house after Indy 4 or something???
You wont see really any big ties to YIJC in the feature films. They tend to like to keep them seperate
How Indy loses his eye should and probably will remain a mystery.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy1986 said:
Oh ok
cause I actually have seen only two episodes. And I even have one Episode on VHS but I watched it just once long time ago and I didn't reallt like it cause I thought it just didn't have the quality of the movies.
Anyway I was just wondering cause in the episode I own I never saw old Indiana Jones. So you say they delated the old Indy scenes? Why? And was there for every episode an Old Indy Scene?

The VHS you got, when did you get it? In the 1999 version VHS, there is NO Old Indy. As far as I'm aware, the vast majority of original episodes, did have Old Indy in it. The ONLY exception is an episode called, "Mystery of the Blues" or "Chicago, 1920". That episode is very special as it features 1950 Indy as played by Harrison Ford. Look that one up on Youtube. That happened near the end of the series run on tv, HF's appearance was an attempt to boost ratings.

Yes, they deleted the scenes. As for reasons why: it's a combination of things. By getting rid of Old Indy it is easier to join episodes together in a more chronological order than just random adventures ranging from 1909 in one episode and 1916 in another ( one example was the original "Curse of the Jackal" which was later split into 2 movies, one called "My First Adventure" and the second, "Spring Break Adventure"). Another reason, due to popular notion, is continuity (yes, as it has been noted in the mere idea of this thread). For example, Indy has a daughter. Yes, that's right a daughter! If the series had been very popular perhaps we wouldn't be seeing Mutt... With an unwritten future of Old Indy, this gives space for any future Indy IV to have different offspring or no offspring at all, a wife (or not) and even in this thread, one eye or both. Perhaps even die earlier... but I doubt that.

Indy1986

The eisode I have is "Treasure of the peacock's eye" with Sean Patrick Flanery, yes on the 1999 VHS
An other one I watched on Tv once was ...when Indy was with a couple of old soldiers in World War 1 I guess and the Germans have this huge cannon on a train hidden in a secret place.
I must say I was a little disappointed by the Young Indiana Jones episodes.
I would have liked it if there would have been much more allusions to the original movies with Ford. Like you get to know more details that help you understand the 3 Ford movies even better. I just wished the connection between the episodes and the movies would have been tighter.
And I would have liked if Spielberg/geroge directd the episodes.

slice

If's that the case that the old Indy will never be on the DVD, i dont think there is any reason for him to lose an eye. Actually, i'm a bit dissapointed when i saw the YIJC, featuring the old Indy wearing an eye patch.

No Ticket

slice said:
If's that the case that the old Indy will never be on the DVD, i dont think there is any reason for him to lose an eye. Actually, i'm a bit dissapointed when i saw the YIJC, featuring the old Indy wearing an eye patch.

I thought the eye patch was kinda dumb myself.

OmegaSeamaster

I don't consider the "Young Indy Chronicles" as canon.

Having fantastical adventures as an adult fictional hero is one thing, but having met EVERY FAMOUS PERSON OF THE ERA as a young kid was simply rediculous.

Lucas just wanted to make a kiddie show that was educational, so he came up with silly stories where Indy met every historical figure alive.

Papa Jones

Considering the official Indiana Jones site and being produced by Lucas himself, Indiana Jones is actually canon.

Not liking it isn't enough to classify it as non-canon.

(Otherwise, Star Wars: Episode II would be sooooo non-canon for me...)

BadDates

Matinee Idyll said:
Indeed, Old Indy seems destined to never appear officially on DVD.

Instead see both him and his daughter here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtRc-msCAY

Thanks for that link; it's the first time I've ever seen any of the 'Old Indy' intros. I have to say that if I didn't know who he was supposed to be, I would never have guessed! I know that people change a lot in 50-60 years...but he didn't look or sound anything like Harrison Ford. Strange casting IMO.

Rivers

Sankara said:
No, young Indy has nothing to do with the real INDIANA JONES. Only the movies are canon.

No! you are completely wrong ...young Indy is 100% canon. Lucas oversaw young Indy himself. This isnt fan fiction we are talking about here.
Canon...thats all there is to it.