What is your single LEAST favourite scene from the trilogy?

ReggieSnake

Nor had he been to South America yet with Belloq to find the Crystal Skull...;)

I really like the boat-chase scene, and, to tell you the truth, I had never noticed the aerials until it had been pointed out to me.

xelaman

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm welll :rolleyes: um:rolleyes: oh its so hard urtrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i gotm it
the kissin in trotla

maby later in my life il like it, at mo hate it

my favourite was lc, cos it was funny and action packed, on saturday after rotj, know its tod thats my fave

Cagefighterkip

jonesissparrow said:
In TOD the dinner scene was over the top and the heart ripping scene was just too freaky for an Indy movie.

in TOD i'd say its any of the scenes where willie is whining (i cant be here, im a singer! -- i thought archeologists were funny li'l men looking for their mommies!). i love TOD but hate willie.

NamedAfterDaDog

I didn't like from when Indy, Marion, and Sallah arrive at the docks all the way to when the Germans boarded the ship. In between, I think it's dull. Great contribution to the story's adventure, but I think that space is just very.... unlikable.
:D

indyrcks

I liked that scene where Indy fell down the stairs and his dad says the solution presents itself

I didn't like the beating heart in Temple Of Doom because it was just disgusting :sick:

emtiem

Short Round doing karate is a bit embarrassing. He's Chinese so he automatically knows karate: riiight.

Crusade>Raiders

If there is one scene I always skip, its the Indiana village scene in Temple of Doom. Its just boring exposition, and I really don't feel like looking at these stereotypical Indian characters either.

Darth Vile

Crusade>Raiders said:
If there is one scene I always skip, its the Indiana village scene in Temple of Doom. Its just boring exposition, and I really don't feel like looking at these stereotypical Indian characters either.

To be fair... it's the only point in the movie (sans possibly the camp fire scene), where there is any reasonable exposition as to why they are there and what there're going to do.

Crusade>Raiders

Darth Vile said:
To be fair... it's the only point in the movie (sans possibly the camp fire scene), where there is any reasonable exposition as to why they are there and what there're going to do.

Yeah, I know the purpose of it, and everything else seems to be free-wheeling the whole plot, but I still don't like watching it. The exposition scenes of Raiders/Crusade(hell even Kingdom) had an up-beat charm to it, whether it be the environment, the dialogue, or the actors. Here, we have ugly poor Indians begging for Indiana Jones(who just so happens to arrive here) to help them.

Marion Fan

The whole ripping of the heart ouf of the chest in TOD. One helluva of an effect and quite memorable but at the same time it was just way too much for a PG audience. I have to say the "dinner" scene in the palace was along the same line for me. Again it was very memorable but just a bit too much.

Darth Vile

bonoferox said:
Same here. That part just gets me tired of Willie.

I really like that scene.

It's ironic that, as someone who believes TOD to be the weakest of the four, I seem to be defending some of the TOD scenes that I think are really good. ;)

Benraianajones

Haha. My least favourite...I can't really say I dislike any in the originals. The only scene in the entire 4 movies I dislike is the Tarzan swing, it just looks awful on screen.

Even so, I woudn't skip it. I am surprised people can watch any Indy movie actually and skip sections... that'd ruin it more than watching any offending scene to me.

oki9Sedo

IndyFan89 said:
The Willie Indy scene from Temple of Doom "I'm a scientist."

I loved that scene. Indy's got one thing on his mind and he's not ashamed of it at all! He's a very good flirter, it has to be said.

Lance Quazar

Several of the action sequences in "Last Crusade" left me cold, even the very first time I saw them.

The aforementioned speedboat chase in particular, especially the ending as the boat is being chopped up and Indy is fighting with Kazim. There is just NO real tension in that scene, the whole thing feels phony and forced.

The tank chase does have a few dull moments, but it's grown on me.

But LC has too many wildly implausible action beats. I generally like the motorcycle chase, but when Indy very limply tosses the flagpole into the spokes of the bike and then there is an EXPLOSION propelling the bike 20 feet into the air....eh, it's a bit much and would have been very easy to fix and make cool. Like maybe Indy JAMS it in the spokes instead of just casually tossing it there. And we lose the ridiculous SFX.

I also hate the "bag getting caught on the cannon" which is completely impossible and it magically gets uncaught the second Indy needs to climb back up and resume the fight.

Nitpicking, yeah, but those moments bug me slightly.

In general, Indy is far less vulnerable and fallible in LC as he is in the previous films, which is a shame.

In fairness, though, LC's action scenes are friggin' Jason Bourne compared to KotCS.

Ai-Chan

Benraianajones said:
Haha. My least favourite...I can't really say I dislike any in the originals. The only scene in the entire 4 movies I dislike is the Tarzan swing, it just looks awful on screen.

Even so, I woudn't skip it. I am surprised people can watch any Indy movie actually and skip sections... that'd ruin it more than watching any offending scene to me.

I have to agree with that. :)

Crusade>Raiders

Exposition scenes/elephant rides in ToD. Boring, uninteresting, slapstick, in need of editing...The only scenes in the trilogy I fast forward.