TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Here is a better picture of Dylan Carter who is the Indiana Jones looking character from the Nancy Drew Adventure computer game Tomb of the Lost Queen. The game comes out today (May 8, 2012).

First preview of Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen.

Second preview of Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 05-08-2012 at 08:57 PM.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #27
keylan
IndyFan

My wife and I just finished watching the episode with Nancy Stratemeyer in it. After it was over I asked if she knew who Nacy Stratemeyer was. I then informed her that she was probably the idea for Nacy Drew. Then I found this thread talking about it.
keylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #28
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Yes, in a way you are correct. Nancy Stratemeyer is strictly fictional. She was only made up for the show. She was put in the show to make it look like she was the inspiration for Nancy Drew. Even though, in reality she wasn't because she was never real, but fictionally speaking, just for the show, she was made to look like she was. However, Edward Stratemeyer did have two daughters named Harriet Stratemeyer Adams (1892-1982) and Edna Camilla Stratemeyer (1895-2002). They are a little bit older than the Nancy Stratemeyer character.

In reality, Edward Stratemeyer came up with the characters then hired ghost writers to write his stories for him and the first person to write Nancy Drew was a woman by the name of Mildred Wirt Benson. Mildred Wirt Benson's pen name was Carolyn Keene. Other people would later write the Nancy Drew books also under the same pen name including Harriet Stratemeyer Adams.

More information here:
Nancy Drew Sleuth.com Mildred Wirt Benson
YouTube Storied Life of Millie Benson
YouTube The Original Authors of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote