Gentle Giant Statues/Busts

Deckard

I love taht statue . I was watching LC w/ a friend 2 days ago and mentioned how I loved his horse but the white horse from Raiders seems to get all the attention. The one in LC is way cooler tho, he uses it to take on a tank not a few trucks, cmon... Im picking that up 4 sure.

trippweeder

Re: Indy Gentle Giant Statue...
Does anybody know where I could find a miniature Ark of the Covenant. I know about the ones on ebay and they don't quite cut it. I want a well-detailed, well-coloured Ark which is freestanding, with NO inscriptions on a base and at a decent size (between 10 and 15 inches). Any advice would make me love you...;) ;) ;)

ChromiumBlue37

trippweeder said:
Re: Indy Gentle Giant Statue...
Does anybody know where I could find a miniature Ark of the Covenant. I know about the ones on ebay and they don't quite cut it. I want a well-detailed, well-coloured Ark which is freestanding, with NO inscriptions on a base and at a decent size (between 10 and 15 inches). Any advice would make me love you...;) ;) ;)

If you have a Meijer store or Wal-Mart, see if you can find this Moses action figure. It is a toy, but similar to the IJ Raiders style.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110907a.htm

Katarn07

Hrm, that horse statue's definitely not worth the money in my book. The minibust? I don't collect them, but it's more intriguing. Especially with the more affordable price tag. But even then, that's a lot for such a small thing. I guess I'm just more into action figures than statues though....

Billy Ray

The horse statue is cool, but I don't know if it is $200 cool. Indy's whole head just looks a little off to me. Also, it may just be the angle of the photo, but the horse's head looks very odd as well. I'd like to see somemore photos of it. The mini-bust looks to be cool, at least the silhouette. I don't really get into the busts/statues but I may make an excpetion if the mini-bust comes out good.

groves

Pretty cool, but it looks like there are way to many things begging to be broken off. One small spill and there goes the hand and gun. Whoops there goes a horse leg, etc. etc...

Deckard

groves said:
Pretty cool, but it looks like there are way to many things begging to be broken off. One small spill and there goes the hand and gun. Whoops there goes a horse leg, etc. etc...

Ya well im 21, Im not going to get my old Stormtroopers out and bash them into the horse and go pew pew, bang. Its going to sit on my desk. Any statue is fragile.

groves

Deckard said:
Ya well im 21, Im not going to get my old Stormtroopers out and bash them into the horse and go pew pew, bang. Its going to sit on my desk. Any statue is fragile.

Ya, well I'm older than that. You haven't heard of anything being knocked off of a desk before??? Maybe not by you, maybe a wife or girlfriend or your kid, etc. etc. There are some statue's that are more fragile than others.

Deckard

Just dont put it close to an edge. Or on a desk your going to shwipe the shtuff off of to make out w/ a girlfriend on laddie. :p

Seriously tho, no its nvr happened to me so far.

groves

Deckard said:
Just dont put it close to an edge. Or on a desk your going to shwipe the shtuff off of to make out w/ a girlfriend on laddie. :p

Seriously tho, no its nvr happened to me so far.

Wow, your lucky. We've had things tip over and break all the time. My parents as well.
Family heir looms, china dolls, bells, statues, cups, you name it.

ChromiumBlue37

In my home, I have three glass-doored cases with lighting from Ikea.

They are cheap and NICE. One is going to to books and my vintage Kenner Collection. The second will hold props/busts/statues and real artifacts. I have pieces of the marble floor from the Circus Maximus in Rome and a few Spanish doubloons. The third cases is strictly for new IJ toys. Might have to get a fourth case, now!

As I have pre-ordered both the bust and statue, I want to make sure I have a proper home where they can be viewed and enjoyed with no threat of damage.

groves

Just in case anyone is interested.

wizarduniverse_1982_207027427