Vintage Jones: So close but so far away

UIMJ

I need one elusive figure to complete my loose, complete vintage set. Ugh. And it's way overpriced on eBay... Belloq should be a 10 dollar fig, if I can find him.

VintageComplete.jpg

Monkey Man (still in bag) |
Cairo Swordsman (w. Saracen sword & Dagger in his belt) |
German Mechanic (w/ the ever elusive wrench) |
Toht (holding his gun, the coat is behind him) |
Belloq (w. map) |
Indy in disguise (w. Bazooka) |
Salla (w. Torch) |
Maproom Indy (w. satchel, gun & the VHTF journal) |
Indy (whip, gun & a spare Maproom Indy satchel for completeness) |
Marion (w. dress & monkey)

The new Hasbro stuff was great, but the vintage collection is where it's at. It's an investment, but it's small enough to manage over time.

Deckard

UIMJ said:
The new Hasbro stuff was great, but the vintage collection is where it's at. It's an investment, but it's small enough to manage over time.

Agreed, except w/ the ToD wave which is amazing.

Imagine if we had gotten that Radiers wave 2 with all the figures you have there.

Anyway, mail away Belloq or no, its a great little collection you have.

Billy Ray

Very nice indeed. I recently found my vintage Indy figures...or what's left of them at least. For many year all I could find was my Map Room, but just last week I found a box of my old stuff that had Indy, Map Room Indy, Toht, and the Cairo Swordsman. The only other figure I had was Marion and she is missing (my brother probably stole her). For the longest time, I never knew all these other vintage figures were even released...I was overseas when the vintage Indy stuff came out and what we got was courtesy of the Sears or JC Pennys catalog.

I am seriuosly contemplating trying to complete my vintage set now. As far as what I do have, my Indy is missing his whip and Cairo Swordsman is missing both the sword and knife. Toht and Map Room Indy are complete (thanks to Inky Skin). I also have one torch from my Well of the Souls...but no Well of the Souls! I am thinking it must be at my Mom's house somewhere, as I never would have gotten rid of it...but going through her garage or attic will be an adventure worthy of Indy himself:whip:

UIMJ

Thanks!
And yeah, if you can't find your old stuff, let me know. I've got some vintage doubles (loose and complete). But like I said... they were pricey.
:dead:

UIMJ

Landed a great deal on some additional vintage stuff I needed, including the VHTF vintage Arabian Horse! At this point, I still need a Belloq in Ceremonial garb, and I could use a loose, complete Monkey Man as the one I have on display is missing his robes (I've got a complete one, but he's still sealed).

Can you guys spot the few customs in these pics? ;)

Vintage Raiders - Temple
RaidersVintage.jpg

Modern Raiders
RaidersModern.jpg

Temple | Crusade | Kingdom
TempleCrusade.jpg

Normally, I'd have these in a glass case so that they weren't so tacky on an open faced display or a bookshelf, but I'm having a hard time finding something affordable and at the right size....

UIMJ

deckard24 said:
:hat: Nice collection man, the vintage stuff has always been my favorite!

Try IKEA for a cabinet, this is one I saw online a while back: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055

Thanks for the suggestion... I've got two of those cabinets already housing some of my Iron Man statues. The problem with them is that they are great for statues but wayyyy oversized for action figures.

Here is a cabinet that I use for my Iron Man action figure collection:

CabinetComplete.jpg

The shelf spacing is ideal for figures of this size, and it mounts on the wall out of the way. The problem is that Ikea doesn't carry these anymore, so I'm stuck looking for something similar. Big Bad Toy Store now carries the Geekbox but those are priced at a ridiculous markup. The glass case I pictured above was cheaper and of better quality in every way.

Last edited:

UIMJ

So I've been reorganizing my office a bit, and I felt that my Indy collection should be in here as opposed to the area I've dedicated to my Iron Man collection.

Here's the deal - I've got more Indy stuff than I'm capable of displaying. I decide to allocate a small, finite section of wall to Indiana Jones, and that's that. What fits, fits. What doesn't won't get displayed. That brings me to how I'm going to organize, and I thought I'd go to my fellow Raveners for some thoughts.

I'm going to fit what I can in the square area you see in the picture here...
IJDisplay.jpg

Now the trick is what do I use the square area above the figure case for. My original plan was to put a shelf there that would hold the DVD case from Blockbuster, along with a few of the premium or scarce 12" figs (i.e., Hasbro German Indy, and the Sideshow Henry Sr., Raiders Indy and the KOTCS Indy probably).

However, I've got another case identical to the one on the wall. I could hang that and maybe get the entire Kenner and Hasbro collection in there instead. But if I do that, it's a little dry, where the 12" stuff and the cool DVD case would create some diversity.

Thoughts?

IJCase.jpg