Who is your favorite Batman?

Who makes the best Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raiders90

Michael Keaton. Sorry Nolan drones. I'll take a Batman who actually talks over one who sounds like Vito Corleone with lung cancer.

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
Michael Keaton. Sorry Nolan drones. I'll take a Batman who actually talks over one who sounds like Vito Corleone with lung cancer.

Clark Bartram. Sorry Keaton drones. I'll take a Batman who actually looks like a Frank Miller creation over one who can't turn his head. :p

bat01.jpg

dark2.gif

Last edited:

Archaeos

Raiders112390 said:
...who sounds like Vito Corleone with lung cancer.

LOL! And so true. In fact, when I first heard The Bad Bat Voice?, I thought that this is something they did wrong in post and needed fixing.
It is utterly grotesque!

IndyJones5183

My favorite Batman would be George Clooney.He did a good Bruce Wayne and he did a good Batman.Val Kilmer I liked as Bruce Wayne,but not as Batman,he didn't look good in the costume.Michael Keaton made a good Batman and a good Bruce Wayne.

Montana Smith

IndyJones5183 said:
My favorite Batman would be George Clooney.He did a good Bruce Wayne and he did a good Batman.

Clooney Claims His Batman Was Gay

by Jen Yamato | Wednesday, Mar. 01 2006

According to the New York Daily News, George Clooney tells Barbara Walters tonight that his 1997 film "Batman & Robin" was more like "BrokeBat Mountain..."

From the Daily Dish:

"George Clooney outs Batman on Barbara Walters' Oscar special tonight. Asked if he'd ever play a gay role, Clooney says he already did as Batman. "Think about it," he explains. "I was in a rubber suit. I had rubber nipples. I could have played him straight but I didn't. I made him gay." Well, that puts Bruce Wayne's "ward" Robin in a new light ?"

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/..._gay_barbara_walters_interviews_other_people/

IndyJones5183 said:
Val Kilmer I liked as Bruce Wayne,but not as Batman,he didn't look good in the costume.

I can barely remember Kilmer. All I recall is Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey on an acid trip.

Marshall2288

I'll go with Keaton because until Bale came along he was the ONLY Batman worth a crap in my lifetime. Bale gets a close second though.

kongisking

Marshall2288 said:
I'll go with Keaton because until Bale came along he was the ONLY Batman worth a crap in my lifetime. Bale gets a close second though.

I understand that choice. Keaton certainly was terrific in the role. I'm just punch-drunk in love with the Nolanverse, so I'm Bale all the way. I just feel the Nolan films did Batman in a way that for the first time felt genuinely legendary. And that's what I want out of Bats: a mythical figure, a dark creature of the night, a mysterious being that will live forever in the urban legends of Gothamites.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
I understand that choice. Keaton certainly was terrific in the role. I'm just punch-drunk in love with the Nolanverse, so I'm Bale all the way. I just feel the Nolan films did Batman in a way that for the first time felt genuinely legendary. And that's what I want out of Bats: a mythical figure, a dark creature of the night, a mysterious being that will live forever in the urban legends of Gothamites.

(y)

Nolanverse is where it's at for the darker Batman. Burton paved the way, but Nolan took it a step further. At the time Keaton was a welcome antidote to West.

However, I'm now loving the tongue-in-cheek Adam West version. Never thought I'd say that, but I'm really digging the intentional silliness, the old-time feel, and the cool '60s Batmobile.

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
(y)

Nolanverse is where it's at for the darker Batman. Burton paved the way, but Nolan took it a step further. At the time Keaton was a welcome antidote to West.

However, I'm now loving the tongue-in-cheek Adam West version. Never thought I'd say that, but I'm really digging the intentional silliness, the old-time feel, and the cool '60s Batmobile.

Honestly, I've never seen the West show, just the movie. So I feel like it would be unfair of me to mock a show I'm not too familiar with. Especially since, from what I've read and been told, it seemed to have nailed the tone it was going for, just like Nolan's saga.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Honestly, I've never seen the West show, just the movie. So I feel like it would be unfair of me to mock a show I'm not too familiar with. Especially since, from what I've read and been told, it seemed to have nailed the tone it was going for, just like Nolan's saga.

Yes, I think the '60s version set itself up to be mocked. I'm thinking of it now in terms of a Mel Brooks movie.

Conversely, Nolan went for the other end of the spectrum. A very serious tone, which has itself come to be mocked in certain quarters.

For me Nolan's is the true Batman, drawing on what I feel was the best period of the comics. Whereas West's is just a comic version.

Marshall2288

The 60's version does have 1 thing going for it even to this day, the hottest Catwoman!! (At least until Dark Knight Rises, then we'll have to see)

Montana Smith

Marshall2288 said:
The 60's version does have 1 thing going for it even to this day, the hottest Catwoman!! (At least until Dark Knight Rises, then we'll have to see)

The competition is going to be tight.

acatwoman2.jpg

anne-hathaway-catwoman-2.png

Free delivery? Catwoman's moonlighting for Pizza Express?

Archaeos

No love for Michelle Pfeiffer here :( ?
Just because her butt is underrepresented on Google Image search?
(1992, pre-Photos-on-WWW-times)
:whip:
x-20080501183743328.jpg

Montana Smith

Archaeos said:
No love for Michelle Pfeiffer here :( ?
Just because her butt is underrepresented on Google Image search?
(1992, pre-Photos-on-WWW-times)
:whip:

Yes, it's surprisingly difficult to find a good shot of her shiny derrière. Is this as good as iot gets?

catwoman-michelle-pfeiffer-23077.jpg

Or even of Halle Berry's?

catwomanhalle-berry.jpg

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Yes, it's surprisingly difficult to find a good shot of her shiny derrière.
C'mon, Monty. They make their female star wear a skinhugging latex suit for the best part of the movie and skip the opportunity to place the best parts under the strict scrutiny of the male gaze? We both know where the odds lie.

Pk3u2.jpg

Archaeos

Well, this subthread got nearly derailed by the Halle Berry pic :)sick: - I think Google culls images of her Cat-Butt on purpose, and I can see why), but now we are back on track with Pfeiffer adoration. :p