The wait is over!!!!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Gets old after a while. I would only use it to emphasize important parts, it looses its meaning if it's overused.

Brown Fedora

Guarded about this one...

Whilst many others have said it, I will remain reserve judgement until the film is completed. So much has changed, the time period of the 1950s is so -dramatically different- from pre-war adventure pulp... and then, we have so much chicanery involved with the egoes of certain directors, producers, and screenwriters...

I'm just not sure this is going to be the whiz-bang return of our favorite square jawed archaeologist that so many have pinned their hopes on it becoming.

Nevertheless, I'll reserve judgement. And of course, I'll go to see it before I judge completely.

*taps the brim of his fedora* Let's hope for a good one, gang.

-B.F.

IrishLuck1980

I'm not too big into Indy dealin with the Soviets. Perhaps a secret clandestine Nazi Group trying to rebuild the Fatherland?

RangerOfTheEast

I had to come out of semi-retirement to celebrate with everyone else. 2007 is going to be a lot of fun following the news on the production as it *actually* happens this time and with May 2008 as an actual tangible date we can look forward to imagine sitting in a darkened room watching Indy on the silver screen and hearing John Williams magnificant score.....

Remember the frenzy in the build up to Episode 1 or Fellowship of the Ring? Here we go again....

IrishLuck1980 said:
I've gone into a Indiana Jones DVD mode now. Been watching all 3 films, the Bonus Disc, and the other 3 Bonus discs I got.

Im always in that mode, I watch the DVD box set all the time under the influence of different herbal substances which help reveal the movies in a different light every time, anybody got a light? its time to celebrate. Wow there are some really pesimistic raveners out there!! get a grip on positivity people or no matter what they do you wont like it. You all know who you are, lighten up yo!and Ho HO HO....this brings in the new year like no other!!(y)

Grizzlor

IrishLuck1980 said:
I'm not too big into Indy dealin with the Soviets. Perhaps a secret clandestine Nazi Group trying to rebuild the Fatherland?

Oh I hope not, no more Nazi's. I've always had a certain affinity for the Soviets, portrayed as they are in kind of a satirical style in the James Bond films and othersr. Maybe it's because I didn't live through McCarthyism, but I never saw the Soviets as the soul-less types the Nazi's have been shown as. I am looking forward to them pushing the time period forward into the mid to late 1950's, ala Back to the Future.

monstera

ClintonHammond said:
"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said."

Given that this is the same hack that thought that Star Wars prequels would be 'really cool', I don't see that his opinion counts for much

get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to no-Nazis, too.

darthsidious42

ClintonHammond said:
"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said."

Given that this is the same hack that thought that Star Wars prequels would be 'really cool', I don't see that his opinion counts for much

The Star Wars pequels were really cool, Indy 4 will also be cool.

IrishLuck1980

I'm sorry, but the Star Wars Prequels are a slap in the face. They have forever tainted my childhood memories of Star Wars in the 80s. Now, Lucas is Executive Producer here, NOT Director or script writer. He's basically there to take up space and hand out money. This movie will be controlled by Steven and Harrison. The Star Wars Prequels were written and directed by Lucas. Who has completely lost his marbles. Of course it doesn't help that he's surrounded by "Yes" men. Steven will whip him back to CommonSenseville.

IrishLuck1980 said:
I'm sorry, but the Star Wars Prequels are a slap in the face. They have forever tainted my childhood memories of Star Wars in the 80s. Now, Lucas is Executive Producer here, NOT Director or script writer. He's basically there to take up space and hand out money. This movie will be controlled by Steven and Harrison. The Star Wars Prequels were written and directed by Lucas. Who has completely lost his marbles. Of course it doesn't help that he's surrounded by "Yes" men. Steven will whip him back to CommonSenseville.

Well said Irish!!!

Hey Clinton you do need to get a grip, your calling George Lucas a hack? He is the conceiver of Indy, take a minute dude and reconsider what you just said.....:eek:

misnomer

lucas and the berg need each other on this...I'm sure Lucas' rejection of Darabonts script was with good reason. Given post-Schindlers List Spielbergs' comments, it's pretty definate that we won't get Nazis.

What peaks my interest is the "character-piece" comment - Indy 4 could be a really powerful movie...and with a lot of depth, given Indy's age.

maybe this movie will stylistically hark back to the film noir of the 50's....and I'm real intruiged to see what this risky "controversial macguffin" is and why it's taken 10 years to get a script out of it!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
misnomer said:
lucas and the berg need each other on this...I'm sure Lucas' rejection of Darabonts script was with good reason. Given post-Schindlers List Spielbergs' comments, it's pretty definate that we won't get Nazis.

What peaks my interest is the "character-piece" comment - Indy 4 could be a really powerful movie...and with a lot of depth, given Indy's age.

maybe this movie will stylistically hark back to the film noir of the 50's....and I'm real intruiged to see what this risky "controversial macguffin" is and why it's taken 10 years to get a script out of it!

which reminds me of the Indy noir discussions we(some) had here...

I agree with everything you say ...and posted on the aicn talkback ;) ..just what I think.

I'm also rooting for more character exploration in indy IV. While the action part is a must for most of us I also see a lot of fans in the internet who demand the character to be thoughtfully developed. I don't know anything about the Darabont draft. I even don't think that the problems of this script can be explained by all the gossip at this time. I'll reserve judgement until I can read it myself. All I can do is trust these guys.....and that they turn it into a ...."slow burner"....

I'm glad to see someone else skipping back and forth between the aicn TB and The Raven ...:)