Indy: If not an archeologist, then what?

Indyologist

If Indy didn't become an archeologist, what career/s do you think he would choose? What would be his #2, #3 choices for a career?

I like to think that if I asked him "what was another career option that interested you besides archeology?" he would say that would have liked to have been a private investigator, a detective or an intelligence person/member of the CIA.

Indy is intelligent, is pursuasive and physical, and has such amazing powers of deduction that I can totally see him in some kind of detective/investigative work. Heck, he did it for several months while he was in WWI. The guy's a natural gumshoe/Fed!

What do you think?

Last edited:

woody123

A Goverment civilian agent who's mission profile
is to investigate reported out of country persons,
occurances, objects of interest that could be of
benifit or threat to national security.

Last edited:

Cammy

I think he would make a great secret agent. Or even a private detective hired to track down people's property that have been stolen.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Cammy said:
I think he would make a great secret agent. Or even a private detective hired to track down people's property that have been stolen.

Yeah, I could imagine that. He was practically in half of the YIJC during WW1.
Gustav said:
I bet he would make a good comic book geek.

What comics would he read though? The Shadow? The Phantom? Marvel? Tomb Raider? :p

Gustav

All right, all right. I've got one. I was going to say treasure hunter like O'Connell in The Mummy, but what he does is already sort of treasure hunting.

If you really think about it though, it's not hard to see him reading comic books if he was in a later generation. He likes those old myths and legends and stuff and I think all the side stories and minor fill-in characters would be enough to keep his interest. There is also a lot of history in comic books. I'm not a huge comic book enthusiast, but I have always been more of a Marvel kid myself. He would probably go for Tomb Raider too, not so much the movie version as the comic book version.

I could also see him joining the French Foreign Legion like O'Connell did or maybe being a fighter pilot. Private detecting would be right up his alley. Or maybe retiring replicants.

Indyologist

JerryKing said:
Fashion designer.

mmmmyeah. Lots of danger and intrigue in that field. :rolleyes:

Hair dresser would be lots more risky. I mean, burn yourself with a hair dryer and you're history! Not to mention pissing off customers when you give them a bad trim. He wouldn't get a tip! Talk about missing out on major treasure!

Indyfan28

I think he would have been a good writer. He knows alot about history and could use what he knows to write adventure novels.