Indiana Jones VS James Bond

kongisking

Okay, this is just an idea I had. Who do you think would win in a fair fight (without gadgets and weapons), Indy or Bond?

Personally I think Bond would slaughter Indy, because his entire job is centered around beating the crap out of people, and he has a license to kill. Chances are Indy would kick the **** out of Bond first, but eventually Bond would defeat him. Sorry Indy!

IkoJones

Bond is better with guns than fists. Plus Indy is much better with whip :whip:
It would be a long, heavy fight. I don't have a tip.

Professor E

The Bond of the books was about 6'1 185 lbs. He is an "all around athlete...boxer...knows basic holds of judo...fights with tenacity and has a high tolerance of pain." In a few of the novels Bond killed with his bare hands.
So, Bond of the books vs. Indy--pick 'em
Of movies: Sean Connery's Bond vs. Indy --Slight edge to Connery
Roger Moore vs. Indy--INDY
George Lazenby vs. Indy--INDY
Timothy Dalton vs. Indy--pick 'em
Pierce Brosnan vs. Indy--INDY
Daniel Craig vs. Indy--Daniel Craig--Anyone that can stand getting hit in the "privates" like he did deserves some credit.

Johan

Professor E said:
Daniel Craig vs. Indy--Daniel Craig--Anyone that can stand getting hit in the "privates" like he did deserves some credit.

Seems Mr. Craig does not have the "balls" the other Bonds did.

Viper

Basically, the main reason Bond kicks ass is his gadgets. Indy, in the movies, barely ever uses his gun,etc. at all. But in the end, Indy and Bond would team up, find some high-tech weapons (courtesy of MI6) and nuke bin Laden's ass off the planet.

Because they're both just that flipping awesome.

Indyfan28

With the majority of the previous Bond's, I do believe Indy would win by a fairly large margin. But the newer "edition" of Bond (played by Daniel Craig) would possibly win. As Proffessor E mentioned, Bond did survive the violent torture ordeal and endure Le Chiffe's twisted methods, so I somewhat think Bond could tough through Indy's punches. And Indy has the raw, down and dirty yet simplistic style of fighting while Bond is obviously an expert at various martial arts that would allow him to defeat Indy. Another thing is that Bond seems a lot more rutheless than Indy and kill him when he had the chance, while I am not sure that Indy is truly that inhumane.

deckard24

As much as I love Indy, the new Bond(Daniel Craig) would kick his @$$. Craig's Bond has been trained too kill, expert in hand to hand combat, and a miltary background. Indy is tough, and is like the energizer bunny, but can't compete w/Craig's Bond in the hand to hand fighting dept. Craig's Bond is also just as resourceful as Indy, and will fight dirty as well. As for the other Bonds the only other really tough one to me was Connery, Brosnan,Moore, Lazenby, and Dalton were poor imitations. Yes they are all the same character,but in the believability dept. the only two that came across convincingly to me were Craig and Connery.
A better vs. match would be Bond vs. Bourne and Indy vs. Rick O'Connell(even if he's a complete rip off of Indy)!

montana

Since I like Indy more, I can't judge fairly. But, I've heard and I know that the actor, Harrison Ford, is very strong. And the fact that people were much tougher back in the day, WW2, before fastfood, nylon/poly and TV invaded the american homes. Like grampa simpson mentioned that he fell of a roof or somethin' and was jitterbugging the same night. Maybe Bond knows martial arts, which weren't around in 1930's america, but Indy I think can stand more puches and kicks than 007. In a gunfight Bond would spank Indy, but the fistfight sure wouldn't be pleasant for Bond

deckard24

Indy can def. throw a punch with the best of them, but Indy represents the average man thrown into incredible situations and clawing his way out, by any means necessary. Bond has been trained for such occasions, and responds w/out a moments hesitation. Bond at least the new one is more reckless w almost a death wish at times diving headfirst into situations, where Indy is always trying to save his own hide. Also if you look at his track record, Indy has gotten his @$$ kicked quite a bit, yes by larger opponents, but there's the issue, Bond would have been trained to take out larger foes, not simply outwit them. I'm partial to Indy by far, I'm just looking at it realistically if say these two faced off. I also am really only using the new Bond for comparison, Connery was great and as tough as he was, he's not the same as Craig's Bond.

Gustav

kongisking said:
Okay, this is just an idea I had. Who do you think would win in a fair fight (without gadgets and weapons), Indy or Bond?

Personally I think Bond would slaughter Indy, because his entire job is centered around beating the crap out of people, and he has a license to kill. Chances are Indy would kick the **** out of Bond first, but eventually Bond would defeat him. Sorry Indy!

Usually when Indiana Jones is getting beat, something gruesome happens to the other guy.

capt. blitzdawg

Problem with the question is "fair fight". Watch any Bond film and the guy NEVER fights fair- he's trained to take anything thing to his best advantage (killing the other person). Likewise, Indy gets way in over his head and either changes the rules of the fight (recall the swordsman in Raiders) or gets some crazy source of help (big guy's turban getting caught between the girnding wheels in Temple). It depends on what would would be deemed a fair fight. If a referee is present, I think Bond gets disqualified real quickly!

deckard24

It's funny pretty much everyone on this site seem pretty cool, and are here because they're Indy fans. I've seen a few that always seem negative, but wow you win the prize for just being rude!
We can all have are differences of opinon on trivial stuff like what we discuss on this site, but is there really any need for you to be so condescending. What did I do to you to deserve your unnecessary hostility! You are a classy individual!!

montana

Gustav said:
Not as lame as your mom.
Douhh, I was really looking forward to not hearing suff like this on this Forum. Well, I for one think it's pretty immature to talk about someone else's mom.

deckard24

Thanks Montana, I've only been around The Raven for a short time and was enjoying discussing all things Indy, until yesterday. So my grammar is off sometimes, big deal! So is a lot of others around here. There's no need for lowblow comments about peoples moms. Immature is the right word! I'm glad someone else saw this!:hat: