Indiana Jones VS James Bond

Finn

Staff member
Guys... no going into other member's persona (or anyone's who's related to the one). And no discussions like this in the future, please. Call the upkeep if you have problems and let them decide what is inappropiate.

Okay, now give each other a big hug, you two, and be nice to each other in the future, 'K?

IAdventurer01

Back on topic... :rolleyes:

As much as I like Indy, I'd have to favor Bond on this one, even with no weapons. Bond's been professionally trained whereas Indy just has experience. Indy's a linguist, archeologist, and professor, albeit in great shape and able to handle most volatile situations. Bond kills people for a living.

(For reference reasons, my idea of Bond is derived mostly from the books. The movies are merely reflections of the 'true' Bond in the books.)

Gustav

IAdventurer01 said:
Back on topic... :rolleyes:

As much as I like Indy, I'd have to favor Bond on this one, even with no weapons. Bond's been professionally trained whereas Indy just has experience. Indy's a linguist, archeologist, and professor, albeit in great shape and able to handle most volatile situations. Bond kills people for a living.

(For reference reasons, my idea of Bond is derived mostly from the books. The movies are merely reflections of the 'true' Bond in the books.)

But Indiana Jones has that lucky lighter.
And who is the 'true' Bond? I would wager that most people consider the film Bond the guy they think of when they hear of 007. Or is the fact that book Bond was created first and film Bond is based on him enough to make him 'true' Bond?

Last edited by a moderator:

Indyfan28

It would also depend on factors such as the weapons and such.

GUNFIGHT: :gun:

Indy (Colt New Service M1917) vs. James Bond (Walther P99)
Winner: James Bond

FISTFIGHT: Indy (Down and Diry tactics) vs. James Bond (Martial Arts)

KNIFE FIGHT: INDY (small machete) vs. James Bond (Tactical Knife)

OVERALL CHAMPION: JAMES BOND!

Bond would win by far because his entire profession is based around assassination while Indy only fights when it is needed. Sorry Indy!

IkoJones

Indyfan28 said:
Bond would win by far because his entire profession is based around assassination while Indy only fights when it is needed. Sorry Indy!

What if it is needed to fight Bond?(y)

IAdventurer01 said:

Indiana Jones is firstly a movie hero, not a book hero. That's the reason why we should compare movie version Indy and Bond(s).
Maybe in novels and comics there are idealized (superhuman) reflections of Indy (maybe stronger, swifter, anzthing... I don't know).

Too much to think, Iko Jones?:cool:

:hat:

IAdventurer01

IkoJones said:
Maybe in novels and comics there are idealized (superhuman) reflections of Indy (maybe stronger, swifter, an[y]thing... I don't know).

Well, the books I've read portray Indy spot on to the movies. Also, I used the book Bond in no small part due to the fact his skills are more easily noticed than by just watching. Actually, depending on which movie Bond you use, movie Bond is far superior because of his near-invulnerability - something that I am glad Indy lacks.

Grant Lutjens

Depends on the Bond Actor...... Nuff said.
A couple Indy coulda kicked butt.
Connery would have been a half-decent match... The others...... Havent seen the newest 007 yet though so i will reserve judgement on him.