Young Indy theme?

Nurhachi1991

does anyone know where I can purchase the theme for Young Indiana Jones? I have looked on Itunes and have had no luck. Does anyone know where to find it. It is such a great theme.

ReggieSnake

There were several albums released on CD back when the show was still on the air, and also a "Best of" CD which I think was released sometime later. I'd keep an eye out on ebay.

Looks like the theme was included on some compilation albums as well, but none recently that I could see.

Stoo

I could make an MP3 of the them to be posted in the Multimedia section of TheRaider.net
but don't know if administors would be cool with that.

CTV used to broadcast the show in stereo so I have crisp, clear versions of it.
What a great tune!:D

indyclone25

on the soundtracks there were two versions of the song--- the first was on volume one ---main title it was 2 mins and 8 seconds long
and the second was on volume two and was only 38 seconds long
i have all four volumes on the soundtracks from the show

Nurhachi1991

Stoo said:
I could make an MP3 of the them to be posted in the Multimedia section of TheRaider.net
but don't know if administors would be cool with that.

CTV used to broadcast the show in stereo so I have crisp, clear versions of it.
What a great tune!:D

What channel was that? I used to watch it on ABC family

Stoo

tupogirl said:
I think it's in Canada. I used to watch it on regular ABC. That's how aged I am;).
Yes, CTV is a Canadian channel. I had the luxury of watching (& taping it) on both!:D
Nurhachi1991 said:
Stoo did you ever get it? Sorry I don't mean to bug you but your PM's are full!
Oh. Thanks for the heads-up.
Roy_Chiao said:
i didnt know there was a different theme for YIJC??
It played over the opening credits and an extended version was used during a couple of episodes.
Parts of the credits version are not in the extended one. Great theme for a great show.

Junior Jones

Roy_Chiao said:
i didnt know there was a different theme for YIJC??

Yeah, the HF movie theme goes like this:
Da-da-dum-dah Da-da-da Da-da-dum-dah Da-da-dum-dum-dee.

And the Young Indy theme goes:
Dum-da-dum-da-dah Dum-da-dum-da-dah Dum-da-dum-da-dah Dum-da-dum-da-dum-da-dum.

See the difference?

Crack that whip

Junior Jones said:
Yeah, the HF movie theme goes like this:
Da-da-dum-dah Da-da-da Da-da-dum-dah Da-da-dum-dum-dee.

And the Young Indy theme goes:
Dum-da-dum-da-dah Dum-da-dum-da-dah Dum-da-dum-da-dah Dum-da-dum-da-dum-da-dum.

See the difference?

That's incredibly helpful! :p :D (y)

Stoo said:
It played over the opening credits and an extended version was used during a couple of episodes.
Parts of the credits version are not in the extended one. Great theme for a great show.

This would probably be a good point for me to make a few notes...

The first volume of the soundtrack album features the extended version, here called the Album version, and it's an all-orchestral version (that is, it doesn't have the "jungle" or jazz bits, but instead retains for its full length the orchestral sound of the beginning and ending of the short version we hear in the original show's credits), and this version runs a little over two minutes (2:08, to be more precise).

The second volume features an "Alternate Version," just 38 seconds long, and this version is similar but not identical to what we hear at the beginning of the show. It starts and ends the same way, and also features the "jungle" and jazz bits, but those parts in the middle are edited together differently - the "jungle" section is much shorter - it's over almost as soon as it begins - and the jazz section is correspondingly longer. It still sounds like the same recorded takes were used for all three sections (well, four, counting the orchestral beginning and ending as two different sections), and they just used different endpoints for the edits of the jungle / jazz bits.

It's still essentially the definitive CD presentation of the main version of the theme (that is, the version in the show's opening credits), AFAIK; as noted, I believe it comes from the same source and is just edited differently, but it's worth noting (especially since the sections are so short to begin with that shortening one of them further, the "jungle" bit, reduces it to nearly nothing).

Nurhachi1991

But the Alternate them goes

Da da da da da da da da da da do do do do do do do do do do do do do de de de do do do dun dun dun dun

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
The second volume features an "Alternate Version," just 38 seconds long, and this version is similar but not identical to what we hear at the beginning of the show.
In that case, there are (technically) 3 versions of the theme. Thanks for the details.
For me, the 2nd melody in the 2 minute version is better than the main one!:)

InexorableTash

The end credits for the DVD of "Spring Break Adventure" are accompanied by a distinctly different performance of the "Album" version, with different instruments and edited down to about a minute.

For my own enjoyment, I ripped the audio from the DVDs from the credits of all 22 episodes. Many of them begin "cleanly", others have a cross-fade from the episode's score which required some editing. Most are unreleased music.

Stoo

So that makes 4 versions (at least) then. I'll have to give it a listen.
Thanks to the grace of a fellow Ravener, I just heard the alternate 38 sec version.:hat:
It is distinctly different and doesn't use the jungle animal/bird sound effects.
(I prefer the offical one but this is good, too!)

The end credit music on the DVD/VHS is not exactly the same as the original broadcasts.
There may be music from the TV version that is not included in the re-edits (which is mixed).
Needs investigating.;)