FBI raids Oregon house and finds scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

WilliamBoyd8

A former southern Oregon property owner has been charged with assault on a federal officer after, authorities say, an FBI agent sent to the property was shot from a booby-trapped wheelchair.

A criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Medford said officers found traps throughout the property from spike strips to a circular hot tub turned on its side and rigged to roll over anyone who triggered a tripwire.

"(It was) much like a scene from the movie 'Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark' in which actor Harrison Ford is forced to outrun a giant stone boulder that he inadvertently triggered by a booby trap switch," the complaint said.

After making it past the hot tub, according to the complaint, a bomb squad and FBI agent approached the property's manufactured home and blasted open the fortified front door.

The CBS News article:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-agent-shot-booby-trapped-wheelchair-fortified-oregon-home

:)

axelan

A major drawback of Oregon... There is no castle law. That means if someone breaks into your house or trespasses, you can't defend yourself. You would get prosecuted for defending your property.

Gear

You didn't see that on "Portlandia".

I'm gonna add that I may have a connection to this story;

Up until recently, I worked at a hot tub factory that has an international market. And it sounds like this guy's 'boulder' might've been a Napa or a 524.

Randy_Flagg

Was this one of you guys? 'Fess up....

Jury convicts Oregon man who rigged home with 'Indiana Jones' booby trap injuring federal officer​

WilliamBoyd8

Five years later...

Jury convicts Oregon man who rigged home with 'Indiana Jones' booby trap injuring federal officer

An Oregon man who rigged his lost home with an "Indiana Jones"-inspired booby trap of a "round hot tub that was on its side set to roll down the hill" was found guilty of charges stemming from that 2018 incident where a federal agent was injured, officials said Tuesday.

NBC News article:

:)

Samir

This forum as some seriously amazing continuity!! Updating a thread accurately after 5, 10, 15, 20 years? Only here!