Things the Paramount logo could fade into

Indy's brother

Attila the Professor said:
I like this idea. If it has to start in the field, this is a nice way to treat it, and allows them to throw in yet another reference to <I>The Searchers</I>.

3The+Searchers.jpg

NICE. :hat:

Matt deMille

I like this idea. If it has to start in the field, this is a nice way to treat it, and allows them to throw in yet another reference to <I>The Searchers</I>.

3The+Searchers.jpg

I definitely like this idea the best! How cool!

Indy's brother

To fade into an actual mountain again seems unlikely, which is fine with me. However, this was too good to pass up.

nap10_01.jpg

So you're looking at this saying to yourself, "Well, that looks like crap. Big deal." You'd be right at first. Then I would tell you that these are suspected pyramids. In Russia.

They are located near the port town of Nakhodka, which means "Lucky find" in Russian. The location could give a plausible reason for Indy to be there, to tangle with the Russian Army, In The Snow, get pursued by aerosleds, and oh yeah, gives the Paramount logo something relevant to fade into. Kind of does a lot.

Here's a link for further reading on the speculation that these could be man-made or at least man-altered.

Indy's brother

DoomTown said:
Very cool. Glad to see some life breathed into this thread again!!!

I thought it was dead...:dead:

"Never say never," isn't that what Spielberg said about Indy movies? Hope springs eternal for another film until we hear otherwise, so my ideas (as I'm sure is the case with other fans) come out of seemingly nowhere at a moment's notice. After I've had ample time to mull this thread over again, I found a new appreciation for AtomicAnt's idea:

AtomicAnt said:
I had an idea recently that it'd be nice for the logo to fade into a picture of a mountain on a drink coaster in some classy restaurant, Indy and Marion are on their honeymoon.....

It's not as spectacular as some of the other ideas here, and yes, I would rather it be something really eye-catching, but it seems more like something SS would do for this. Understated and plot-driven.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
A number of us were fond of the notion of something along these lines, more than five years ago:

0136787.gif

215774609_0e35dffe20.jpg

Of course, something along those lines would probably require some undoing of Jones the family man...unless he's just <I>in</I> a bar, and not actually drowning his sorrows, as some of us hoped way back when. Maybe he's there looking for information, or maybe he's at some sort of faculty party. We're getting into the era of that sort of thing...

Montana Smith

A number of us were fond of the notion of something along these lines, more than five years ago:

That would also be some shameless advertizing, bringing in a bit of revenue. Like James Bond's favourite make of watch or gadget.

There could even be a tagline:

"Married? Got a kid you never wanted? Feeling tied down? Drink Mountain Ridge and be like Indy and make a break for freedom." *

*Lucasfilm advises you drink Mountain Ridge sensibly.

Mickiana

All good ideas, even the whiskey one, but I'd be wary of Indy fighting the same enemies ie Russians two movies in a row. The Nazi encounters were broken up by the Thuggees. Maybe the Chinese, but I don't know if they could be a threat at that time.

Indy's brother

Mickiana said:
I'd be wary of Indy fighting the same enemies ie Russians two movies in a row. The Nazi encounters were broken up by the Thuggees. Maybe the Chinese, but I don't know if they could be a threat at that time.

That's a valid point, Mickiana. But just for the sake of argument, these idea are all only applicable to the opening 3rd act. Having the Russians spill over into another film in this way wouldn't be so terrible, then leave the rest of the movie in the hands of another villainous force......eh?

Stoo

Paramount logo dissolves to the snow-capped Matterhorn in the Alps.

Camera pulls back to reveal that it's actually the Matterhorn ride in Disneyland!:eek:

Titles: CALIFORNIA 1960

Silhouette of Indy & Short Round walk on screen.

Short Round: "Docta Jones, maybe one day you get wide here."
Indiana Jones: "Whaddya mean, Short Stuff?"
Short Round: "Yo' own wide, Indy! Yo' own wide!"
Indiana Jones: "Shorty, you've got a vivid imagination."

MDew

How about a steaming pile of dog poo? Then a cartoony-looking CG gopher pops out and says "That's all folks!" and if fades to black. Then at least I wouldn't have to waste 2 hours of my life...:mad: