Sallah...the world's greatest Indiana Jones inspired black metal band

MolaRam

Wasn't sure where I should post this, but I thought some of you may enjoy my band, Sallah.

We are the without a doubt the world's greatest Indiana Jones inspired black metal band and we have been toiling away in the Well of Souls recording studio working on our debut album, entitled "Fortune and Glory".

If and of you are interested please visit us at www.myspace.com/sallah to hear a full song of this uncoming album.

Thanks in advance,

Mola Ram
bassist of Sallah

Johan

worlds greatest because you are likely the worlds only...so you could say you are the worlds worst as well.
As for the music itself..as a polished musician that has played in several bands...I just don't get it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, MolaRam. Nice logo, can you post some of your lyrics?

Jay R. Zay

apart from the fact that once again indyjohan can't live without telling us that he's better at virtually everything you can come up with, i have to admit that this music isn't my style (or my idea of metal) either. on the other hand, this applies for many metal bands so i don't think this is a mark for anything.

MolaRam

Thanks for the reply's all!

VP, thank you for the welcome. As for the logo we had it drawn by one of our guitarists draw that up and we're getting a more "professional" version done by a great artist that I have worked with in the past by the name of Kris Verwimp. You can check out some of his stuff here http://home.tiscali.be/krisverwimp/welcome.htm

We'll probably commission him for cover art when the album is done.

Ahh, and IndyJohan
"worlds greatest because you are likely the worlds only...so you could say you are the worlds worst as well."

Thank you for stating the obvious...thats the point...its a joke...you know...funny...laugh...why are you taking us more seriously than we take ourselves? haha
This is something I started with my friends just to have a little fun and play some heavy music...maybe you're not familiar with black metal, but its supposed to be raw, and loud...almost primal...I know so people don't get it...but thats ok. I'll let my drummer (who has been playing Jazz since he could walk) know that he's "unpolished". haha

What we're really doing is making fun of the ideology behind black metal....its usually very anti-religion and what not, and to be honest we couldn't care less about that stuff....but we LOVE the music...so this is a subject matter that we all agree on while we still get to play the music. :)

As for lyrics, I think you can get them on the myspace page but I'll copy them here so you don't have to go looking for them.

Thanks again all,
Mola Ram

Prepare to Meet Kali…in Hell
Music & Lyrics: SALLAH

KALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldiers, heading towards us now….
….from the left and from the right.
Trapped now in despair…
…the bridge too narrow to fight.
No help in sight we are alone,
But how far will I go to protect the Sankara Stones?

(pre-chorus)
There’s only one way to go…down to the waters below.
As I slowly raise my knife…I take hold of your life.

(chorus)
Evil High Priest, your time has come
I’m no longer under your spell
These sacred stones shall never be yours
Prepare to meet Kali…in Hell!

Hacking, my blade comes down hard…
…the bridge splinters in twine.
The soldiers fall to their deaths…
…finally vengeance is mine.
Now High Priest your time is here,
I cast thee down to hell, to face the goddess of fear.

(pre-chorus)
There’s only one way to go…down hell’s fire below.
Foul Socerer of hate…I must now seal your fate.

(chorus)
You’ve betrayed Shiva and now you must die

(bridge)

(chorus)
You’ve betrayed Shiva and now you must die

Even though I'm not into the whole Black Metal thing, I think you guys have some cool drumming and guitar skills.
And you're way better than all of those other Norwegian-Indiana Jones-Thrash imitations...

intergamer

I'd like it better if the parts in the voice of Mola Ram et. al was hellish, but the chorus of Indy speaking was done in a higher, clearer pitch by a Harrison Ford impersonator or some random British guy :0

MolaRam

Thanks intergamer, but the whole song is actually song from Indy's perspective. We're really toying with the idea of different vocalists for different characters for other songs....especially the near 9 minute epic "The Poison You Just Drank"...that song would have been very difficult to tell from only one perspective....

However, we enjoy Toht's vocals very much, and we would rather him do all vocals and change the delivery for when the song needs it, not for when the lyrics do. Thanks for your input!

Johan

Jay R. Zay said:
apart from the fact that once again indyjohan can't live without telling us that he's better at virtually everything you can come up with, i have to admit that this music isn't my style (or my idea of metal) either. on the other hand, this applies for many metal bands so i don't think this is a mark for anything.

Not saying I'm better, just saying I'm experienced and have heard a lot of the music out there...and I just don't get it. If someone else likes it, great! I just don't get it. If you can't sing you shouldn't pretend to by screaming. Some have talent for it...some don't. For those that don't I'm sure there are other things you are better at.
But hey, some people like this stuff, so just ignore my opinion of what I think is good music...and I'll sit here shuttering while you play

roundshort

Music, art, and wine, you never have to apologize for you what you like (unless it is white zin or some crap like that, then you had better beg for forgivness, as you are about to be struck down.) Just enjoy, and rock out, in my mind the greatest band ever was the Clash, and I have heard their are some folks that actually do not like them!

MolaRam

IndyJohan, you had me until this...

"If you can't sing you shouldn't pretend to by screaming. Some have talent for it...some don't. For those that don't I'm sure there are other things you are better at. "

Um, this may be a GREAT shock to you, but what our vocalist does takes quite a bit of talent AND practice to do. I'm well aware that some people may not like the style, but don't dismiss it by thinking that he started out wanting to sing like Frank Sinatra and couldn't and his back up plan was growling. Again, I'm sure this is just your unfamiliarity of the style shinning through, but come on...would our music really make sense or benefit with a melodic vocalist? No...the vocals fit the style of the music.

But please...just because YOU particulary don't like it, do not make that as an excuse to say it takes no talent to perform...thats just ignorant on your part.

Mola Ram

qwerty

It's hard to believe that this music was inspired by the movie in wich John Williams was in charge for the music.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
The Duran Duran of Punk.

What, how dare anybody down play the importance of the Clash . . .only the greatest fricken Punk band ever, hell rap probably wouldn't exist without them! Dang, how could anyone . . .Joe Strummer and Mick Jones are hardly what anyone would call pretty boys. . . My god man, what were you thinking! I bet you used to own Style Council tapes!

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
I gotta give it to you guys... you don't seem as bad as the Norwegians.

macwizard

I'm working on a epic symphonic power metal genre music video inspired by the band Rhapsody. Now that is what I call real metal. I must say, although I'm not a fan of screamo, I know it takes talent. Sallah, I wasn't really impressed with the background melody, seems to be so unrelated to Indy, but I do approve of the theme. It was also a little repetititve. Solos were pretty good though.

Last edited: