Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #51
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Basically what you are saying is that Sasha looks stereotypically Jewish

Sasha is Jewish?!? She looks Greek to me!

You guys REALLY are fixated on this whole Semetic thing...

To bring back the Oscar Wilde for a moment: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Lady Windermere's Nose: A Play About a Good Woman

Last edited by Rocket Surgeon : 07-03-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #52
Mickiana
IndyFan

I'm not taking sides, but I believe Rocket Surgeon was not being racist. I cannot see any attempt to vilify Jewishness in his statement. He's remarking on his perception that it seems unlikely that a Jewish looking person might be out of place in that time and setting because of attitudes prevailing then. If he inferred that Jewish people might be "out of place in New England", then that was not his opinion, but a description of circumstances then and there. Kevin, you have actually attributed a strong opinion to Rocket Surgeon which has no basis. Whether Rocket Surgeon is correct or not is another thing. I wouldn't have a clue as to how many Jewish people lived in New England in the late 50s. But if he wanted to vilify Jewish people, I'm sure he could have done that quite easily with a direct statement, which he didn't do at all.

As for these bleatings about racism, why don't we just conduct a sane conversation about prejudice in general and recognise that we are all guilty of some type of prejudice(s). Racism is just one of many many prejudices. Let's be brave and talk about our own first up.

Men and women in some way usually resemble their dads. I don't see Sasha's looks, if they resemble her dad's, as something that should creep anyone out, unless of course you have reservations about her dad's looks. I think SS has a particularly kind face, but that is just my perception.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #53
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
As for these bleatings about racism...

...and you said you don't express yourself well!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #54
indyrocks1936
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
Question is, will she appear in Indy 5?
Hm. that's an interesting thought. I'm sure we all have thought this, Mutt will have a love interest most likely and could she play the role? I guess we have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
Since she's also the daughter of Kate Capshaw, she could be Indy's lost daughter!
Just think of the coincidence! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room!

Now that would be very interesting to see if they included that somehow in Indy 5!
indyrocks1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #55
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrocks1936
Now that would be very interesting to see if they included that somehow in Indy 5!

She could never play the daughter of Indy, she looks just like Steven, it wouldn't work
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #56
IndyMarion57
IndyFan

Tom Hanks' Son

Oh, I noticed this quite a while back.
I've posted images and things over at the Harrison Ford Lovers Board and I *think* at the MarionRavenwoodJones yahoo group.

I thought it was cool.

And did you know that Tom Hanks' son was the guy who asks Indy the question in the library??
IndyMarion57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #57
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

I found out a few months ago that the kid in the library was Hank's son. I had no idea! I only thought he had the one son that was in Orange County and King Kong.

We have an avatar of him now too.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 AM   #58
mattzilla2010
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrocks1936
Hm. that's an interesting thought. I'm sure we all have thought this, Mutt will have a love interest most likely and could she play the role? I guess we have to wait and see.

But... but... she can't! They're half-siblings, remember?

That would be, like, half-incest!
mattzilla2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #59
Mickiana
IndyFan

Half siblings - all incest, I'm afraid.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #60
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMarion57
...did you know that Tom Hanks' son was the guy who asks Indy the question in the library??
Did you know he's a rapper?

Chet Haze's prose:

Quote:
"White kicks, purple kush, this is college hitting blunts after hitting books..."
Old 06-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #61
Moedred
Administrator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3114159
Quote:
Chester Hanks, 24, an aspiring rapper who has battled a drug addiction since he was 16
I wonder who he was hanging out with 8 years ago...
Quote:
'He was pretty obnoxious once he started drinking at the club. He kept saying "do you know who I am?"' Hanks then went back to his hotel with a British actor friend and three female promoters, where he was sick in the car park. He asked the girls if they would join him in the bed, but they are not like that. So he started screaming and making a right noise. He saw some sprinkled make-up and started asking 'who's got the coke?' But nobody did drugs there.' The source added there was then a loud 'smashing and crashing' noise and the next morning police were called after hotel staff discovered the trashed room.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote