Indy Art prints

yodazone

The very rare Indiana Jones lithograph recently just sold for $281 on Ebay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170193250448&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

ijlitho.jpg

(y) (y) (y)

Ska

WOW!

My parent-in-laws bought that for me last year for my birthday...I'll have to check what number mine is.

Shouldn't this be in the Collecting Indy section?

EDIT: I think they bought it at a Comic Con convention...not his online store.

Last edited:

yodazone

SKAbatula said:
WOW!

My parent-in-laws bought that for me last year for my birthday...I'll have to check what number mine is.

Shouldn't this be in the Collecting Indy section?

EDIT: I think they bought it at a Comic Con convention...not his online store.

I started the thread in this section since the Lithograph is based on the painted comic art for the first Indy Dark Horse series.

It's a pretty rare print!

TFAW had a handful of them but they are currently sold out:

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Indiana-Jones:-Limited-Edition-Lithograph___2770

The "Dave Dorman" site says it has some "artists proofs" (unsigned & un-numbered Lithos) but the site doesn't look like it's been updated in awhile:

http://www.davedorman.com/

:confused: :confused: :confused:

JerryB

I hate to say it, but I helped drive that print price up. I almost had it, but stopped at $276. That $300 threshold (including shipping) was a leap I couldn't take.

It's a great print and the fact that it was framed made the price almost worth it.

Oh well, there's 1500 of them out there. Sooner or later another will show up... ;)

Little Indy

You know I think I stumbled onto a steal. I really don't know what a lithograph is but I was at a collectibles store and found a print of the cover for Indiana Jones and the Thunder in the Orient that was signed and numbered. I remember paying $1.00 for it! I have never had it authenticated or anything, and I really don't know if it's a lithograph but the signature is in pencil just like the one in the ebay shot. I'll have to find it, it's back in a closet somewhere. I remember they had some of the Kenner toys as well and I really wanted those but couldn't afford them so I went with the $1.00 poster. HAH go figure if it turns out to be worth $200 dollars.

yodazone

Very Cool!

Has anyone ordered from this site before? I wonder how they ship the Lithos to avoid damage or bending during shipping. It says "No Refunds given" which has me worried if the Litho arrives damaged.

Another great Lithograph!!!

(y) (y) (y)

Mephisto

Stoo said:
Dorman's work is great. In the New Acquistions thread a few weeks back, another Ravener, mephisto, posted his
"Arms of Gold #3" painting by Russell Walks. Not sure if it's a print or the original thing...Check it out:

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=403092&postcount=4068

It's the original water color painting. Here's a couple of pictures of it in my art portfolio to get a better idea of it's size. It's a little smaller than the average modern comic art board like the cover art to Star Wars Repbulic 78, but much larger than the comic book itself. I need to get my art framed but less framing equals more art.

ijag1.jpg

swr78.jpg

yodazone

Wow.....those are beauties...

I could have sworn I saw that Vader cover image released in a trade paperback or a Con poster somewhere. I remember that Luke Ross "Star Wars: Republic" issue too. Classic....:whip:

I'd definitely frame those!

(y)

Mephisto

Indy fan 235 said:
Mephisto, that is some beautiful art work! Love the Vader sketch, and the Indy colors are brilliant.

I have about 1ally like is 5 figures.5 published covers and splash pages but sadly no other Indiana Jones art. I'd like to add some more but the covers from the Marvel series don't interest me much and anything else I really like is over 5 figures.

reverendB

I have one of the Fate Of Atlantis proofs, signed and given to me by Dave Dorman and his wife Denise. They live in the same town I do, and shop at my store occasionally (though I see her more than him). She came in and we, got to chatting, she told me her husband was a comic book artist, and I asked if it was anyone I had heard of (as I used to collect comcs) she told me Dave Dorman, and I had to think about it a minute, and then realized, who it was. The only comics I didn't sell were my Indy Comics. Not only that, but the design of my wife and I's wedding bands were based on the "running spiral" design (the wavy pattern on the wall, behind Indy on that cover) they are gold, with the wave pattern in platinum. So I told Denise this, and she said "you HAVE to meet Dave", so she called me, and we met. Dave signed my comics, and they gave me the Fate Of Atlantis litho. Nice, nice people.

ROB98374

I just got the Indiana Jones: Limited Edition Lithograph by Dave Dorman. Mine is in the low 400's out of 1,500. I had a question for everybody else who has this same one. What is you number? Did I just happen to get a low number, or have they really only sold less than 500? This was released in 1991, so I thought they would have all been gone already.

yodazone

ROB98374 said:
I just got the Indiana Jones: Limited Edition Lithograph by Dave Dorman. Mine is in the low 400's out of 1,500. I had a question for everybody else who has this same one. What is you number? Did I just happen to get a low number, or have they really only sold less than 500? This was released in 1991, so I thought they would have all been gone already.

Mine is in the 400s too. You got the "Fate of Atlantis" print that's sealed with the backing board?

I bought the "Thunder in the Orient" litho a few months ago through Dave Dorman's website for $35 too. I think he still has more available.

http://www.davedorman.com/

Those come rolled instead of sealed on a board.

Last edited: